• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

crowning someone townie looking doesnt matter bc the chances of them hitting mafia is not affected by how townie they are. if we get a mafia king it is not that bad bc it forces them to make a policy chop or put themselves in an awkward position. the spotlight is overall bad for them
Post automatically merged:

stop saying the s word !!!!
I’d argue it absolutely matters; chances may not be affected by much, but it makes the most sense to not actively be choosing someone who *doesn’t* look town, right? Maybe for day one it wouldn’t be that bad, but it’s a theoretical guaranteed townkill vs a potential mafia kill.

If we can form a strong power core of town players we can maintain control for the rest of the game. Electing someone just for a potential read on a slot, especially when we haven’t reached 24 hours in the game yet, doesn’t make sense in the long run.

crowning someone townie looking doesnt matter bc the chances of them hitting mafia is not affected by how townie they are. if we get a mafia king it is not that bad bc it forces them to make a policy chop or put themselves in an awkward position. the spotlight is overall bad for them
except no, crowning someone inherently maffy isnt good because although it would be putting them under pressure and in a bad position, its still giving them kill power. im not giving my wolf reads king just to get information out of them. not a price im willing to pay.

except no, crowning someone inherently maffy isnt good because although it would be putting them under pressure and in a bad position, its still giving them kill power. im not giving my wolf reads king just to get information out of them. not a price im willing to pay.
if they get a moron crowned they get a kp anyways

Regarding Shiny, I feel like given most people have dogpiled on them and the way they’ve responded to these questions indicates town to me… kinda. They haven’t said anything spectacular so far but that’s the gist of it. I’ll say more later but I feel like Tessa’s questioning of them was kind of unnecessary.
Can I get receipts I feel like all of my questions were absolutely necessary

if they get a moron crowned they get a kp anyways
wait help me out what is kp im dumb 😔
also- i noticed we arent allowed to say the s-word anymore, so my bad. can i ask why? does it have an offensive background?

and im not saying we should actively vote for wolf reads im saying town-iness shouldnt be the top criteria for choosing king

Can I get receipts I feel like all of my questions were absolutely necessary

wait help me out what is kp im dumb 😔
also- i noticed we arent allowed to say the s-word anymore, so my bad. can i ask why? does it have an offensive background?
kill power
honestly i don't want to explain the s word issue bc i will be salty abt it

and im not saying we should actively vote for wolf reads im saying town-iness shouldnt be the top criteria for choosing king
yeah i get the point in the end. what bothered me in your initial post was that you said towny doesnt matter. the extreme in that made me think you don't prioritize it at all, but i still think its somewhat necessary and plays an important factor as to who we vote for king.

kill power
honestly i don't want to explain the s word issue bc i will be salty abt it
Sure, but I think it’s still objectively the wrong move lol. I personally don’t find what you said to be all that offensive, but want to make sure we’re all on the same page about choosing a town looking player.

My candidacy for King is still open if anyone wants to join my coalition :lemon:

@tessa grace ill get back to you later, I moderately agree with what Kat said about you earlier.

Solid post from you tbh

what should be the criteria for king you ask? someone active with strong opinions, much like me!
(forget what i said earlier. im a changed person)

*pulls out flute*

Last edited:
what should be the criteria for king you ask? someone active with strong opinions, much like me!

*pulls out flute*
(i love majoras mask eek)
what made you change your mind?
Sure, but I think it’s still objectively the wrong move lol. I personally don’t find what you said to be all that offensive, but want to make sure we’re all on the same page about choosing a town looking player.
we're not gonna be all on the same page (cough cough trent) but i agree. d1 is sooo important to discuss what we as a towncore are looking for mutually, because if we can agree on some things thats still progress

I don’t think a king has as much power as people may think. Voting a king asserts a lot of pressure and, for mafia, forces them to stick with a certain narrative and act based on it. I think forcing a person whose words are hard to read to make an action would give a lot of insight in what they said vs how they actually act. I think a town king would act with a genuine attempt to flip a slot while a mafia king would have to force themselves to fabricate that since they already know everyone’s alignment. The possession or lack of too much information (TMI) should be more apparent

I think voting a strong townread for king is a reasonable play but I don’t entirely discredit the null vote play

ayo i finally have some time to participate in the discussion, i’m not readin through all 9 pages but i briefly skimmed through them to catch up. 👀

*pulls out flute*
tbh you’ve earned my vote
I don’t think a king has as much power as people may think. Voting a king asserts a lot of pressure and, for mafia, forces them to stick with a certain narrative and act based on it. I think forcing a person whose words are hard to read to make an action would give a lot of insight in what they said vs how they actually act. I think a town king would act with a genuine attempt to flip a slot while a mafia king would have to force themselves to fabricate that since they already know everyone’s alignment. The possession or lack of too much information (TMI) should be more apparent

I think voting a strong townread for king is a reasonable play but I don’t entirely discredit the null vote play
this i definitely agree with. i think it’s more interesting to allow the possibility a mafia could be enacted king, and i suspect someone might be bussing already based off of the reads i’ve seen so far. at the very least, i’ll be looking to enact a king who doesn’t seem to sheep other people’s reads, otherwise day 2 won’t be much different than today.

yes but also group discussion for a kill is super important bc if we vote mafia and they kill some townie and they're like "oh we didnt discuss anyone at all as a group first so i went with my gut and i was wrong" then we failed and got no info
we'd be banking off of only one person's read and no
@ribbitribbon how did you feel about my response to your post here? ik since you said you skimmed i'm guessing you missed this

@ribbitribbon how did you feel about my response to your post here? ik since you said you skimmed i'm guessing you missed this
i did see that i just forgot to reply lol

i partially agree, but i still think people should be self-sufficient with their king power. town reads are more important today imo since we’ll get more info tomorrow. definitely don’t kill someone the town agrees is towny (for today).

i kinda hate the argument for no vote just to preserve town real estate bc following that line of logic we might as well never kill anyone until we are 100% sure (we will never be)
It'd only be night one but not gonna lie the idea of not doing anything the entire game is extremely funny!

umm helloo
Greetings!

Hello everyone. I am here
Greetings All Might!

:thonk:

I saw someone ask if we should make the king shoot whoever the majority decides...I think probably not, but as an alternative, maybe we could ask the king to decide between a list of 3-4 players? or something
I don't think a group project hitlist is an appealing way to tackle day/night one? I think we ought to vote for someone we trust or someone who would panic if we're out for blood here. To invoke an old death message "ayy lmao ayy lmao no help no help"

Also yeah like Volt mentioned there's oldhead terminology that got tossed like scum and lynch, if @Chris has a spare moment or if someone who knows can share the recommended terms that would be fantastic

I am doing fantastic.

I think we should vote for whoever will do the best job for King.
Would you want to be king or do you prefer somebody else?

It'd only be night one but not gonna lie the idea of not doing anything the entire game is extremely funny!

Greetings!

Greetings All Might!

:thonk:

I don't think a group project hitlist is an appealing way to tackle day/night one? I think we ought to vote for someone we trust or someone who would panic if we're out for blood here. To invoke an old death message "ayy lmao ayy lmao no help no help"

Also yeah like Volt mentioned there's oldhead terminology that got tossed like scum and lynch, if @Chris has a spare moment or if someone who knows can share the recommended terms that would be fantastic

Would you want to be king or do you prefer somebody else?

I mean, I could do it.

this i definitely agree with. i think it’s more interesting to allow the possibility a mafia could be enacted king, and i suspect someone might be bussing already based off of the reads i’ve seen so far. at the very least, i’ll be looking to enact a king who doesn’t seem to sheep other people’s reads, otherwise day 2 won’t be much different than today.
can you talk about this more? that seems like an interesting observation, but I have no idea what could've given you that impression

Back