• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Mafia The Quest for King - Mafia | Game Thread | GAME OVER

I think the lack of engagement in the game is pointing me in the direction of not town. even after prodded, Annika gave a few random town reads and didnt give explanations or further followup to engage with other players. In a PoE of who I see as most likely town Annika doesn't yet make the cut
I also said I'd explain any read you asked about, right after those "few random town reads"

ness seems kinda townie

wouldnt you like to know weather boy
Post automatically merged:

down to discuss everyones reads and suspicions but i wont say who im thinking of killing
well thats no fun

I also said I'd explain any read you asked about, right after those "few random town reads"

ness seems kinda townie
can you elaborate

Yes vote me but yes it yes as king I would policy kill gabby and sus kill Annika from first impressions until geo Chris and Jacob post

Ty

well thats no fun

can you elaborate
I mean Ty there’s literally no explanation for anything

ness seems kinda townie
Someone shouldn’t need to have to force you to explain your reads! I knew I could do this but forcing someone to give thoughts is not a good sign

Last edited:
Mafia doesn't quite work as a replacement term however; mafia is a specific faction that consists of the minority, whereas 'scum' is historically used to refer to any role with malignant intent towards town. Can we use 'evils' or something along those lines instead?
You can use whatever you like as long as it doesn't have the potential to upset people! Moderators will substitute "mafia" though if we see this word being used.

dfmvs8b-9bfae81a-cd7a-4559-b661-d59864e4ce0c.gif

hi guys! super excited to be playing first tbt game 😄

I am not campaigning for king, I'd rather watch that happen. Besides, I would be a terrible king lol
gun to head this feels like something that comes from a villager - i might be biased on this point because i read through other bits of the thread just now and found other points where shiny felt believable as well (more on those later :p) but kinda would be weird for mafia to disincentivise the possibility of them becoming king when that's a strong asset for the mafia to try and utilise

on the flipside, damniel is very open about campaigning for king on page 1 which I don't really feel either way about in terms of their alignment, but I do think them prodding volt for a reaction on what they think about damniel becoming king shows solving mindset which i do find a bit town indicative

just a bit more about myself: I play mostly on Mafia Universe (same as annika) so i have quite a bit of experience with forum mafia in general :p

why so?

no, i dont have any opinions abt it. if anything i think it sounds fun
i find this response to damniel asking what volt thinks about them becoming king slightly strange, mainly because of being unbothered about allowing damniel to be king likely without knowing much about damniel's alignment yet. @voltairenism I'd be interested in knowing if you were townreading damniel at all at this point?

Last edited:
anyone here to bounce some ideas with me? just gonna keep catching up for now

It's important to commit to the bit, voting for a king who just eagerly votes for what the majority wants might as well be no king at all. "it was the will of the people, you can't fault me for getting the ejection of X player wrong!" wrong, rip bozo.

Like I said, I intend on no elimination night one if made king. Boring? Sure. Could I spice it up by giving into the devil in me and just random voting someone? Sure, but I'm not likely to do that. If we're going to elect "Yes men", I would prefer to get removed because why even play kingmaker.
wait maybe dumb question, mafia aren't able to kill at night right? so the only method of killing is through the king?

new to this type of game sorry lol

Last edited:
can you elaborate
mhm, I just liked this post. even if it was sort of an accusation, I don't think that would be the first thought a wolf would have about what could be TMI about my reads so far... well, unless Astrozkan and Ness are both mafia together, I guess?
Someone shouldn’t need to have to force you to explain your reads! I knew I could do this but forcing someone to give thoughts is not a good sign
sure, but why would you suspect me for not explaining my reads if I offered to give explanations when you asked anyway? I don't really understand the angle you're taking, except maybe besides thinking I'd need time to make something up.
wait maybe dumb question, mafia aren't able to kill at night right? so the only method of killing is through the king?
I was assuming mafia had a night kill as well cos the king is immune to death at night, though I suppose that could just be protection from vigs
hmm, does anyone think jacob could be town for not knowing how the maf mechanics work? or do you think too easy to fake and not something worth being townread?

sure, but why would you suspect me for not explaining my reads if I offered to give explanations when you asked anyway? I don't really understand the angle you're taking, except maybe besides thinking I'd need time to make something up.
It’s just a bit frustrating to have to prod you to give more detailed reads

hmm, does anyone think jacob could be town for not knowing how the maf mechanics work? or do you think too easy to fake and not something worth being townread?
I don’t really give townslips over mechanics. It’s a bit too messy in a closed setup. I’ve seen both sides do it

You can use whatever you like as long as it doesn't have the potential to upset people! Moderators will substitute "mafia" though if we see this word being used.
Do you have any thoughts on the game

gun to head this feels like something that comes from a villager - i might be biased on this point because i read through other bits of the thread just now and found other points where shiny felt believable as well (more on those later :p) but kinda would be weird for mafia to disincentivise the possibility of them becoming king when that's a strong asset for the mafia to try and utilise

on the flipside, damniel is very open about campaigning for king on page 1 which I don't really feel either way about in terms of their alignment, but I do think them prodding volt for a reaction on what they think about damniel becoming king shows solving mindset which i do find a bit town indicative
Is there a particular reason why you specifically pointed out shiny and me on our thoughts as king? Other players have expressed their desires on wanting/not wanting to be king, so interested to hear if you think their motives are innocent or not

I can see a world where Annika is town. But excluding the super quiet people (Gabby, Geoni and Chris), I see town in Annika the least. I’ll need to think about Jacob a bit more. I also need to reread Ribbit because I’m not really getting the slimy vibes Ness was getting from their bus theory (even though I don’t think that was bussing)

Last edited:
It’s just a bit frustrating to have to prod you to give more detailed reads
it specifically sounded like you were suspecting me for it earlier, but I may have misinterpreted

anyway, I explained my reads on Trent and Tessa in this post, in the spoiler tags. I figured you must've missed it, and it's completely understandable that you did, but I think it's also reasonable that I don't repeat them unless you ask about it

I townleaned Volt bc they changed their mind about wanting to be king, seemed spotaneous and I figured a wolf would have a more definite plan

these are light reads but they're my thoughts at the moment
I can see a world where Annika is town. But excluding the super quiet people (Gabby, Geoni and Chris), I see town in Annika the least.
can you talk to me about what you see town in Oath?

anyway, I explained my reads on Trent and Tessa in this post, in the spoiler tags. I figured you must've missed it, and it's completely understandable that you did, but I think it's also reasonable that I don't repeat them unless you ask about it
Yes I did miss that sorry

Oath has been very adamant about not wanting to be king. While I don’t think mafia would have to openly campgain for it, it would still be ideal for them to be elected. I would think at the very least mafia would act more humble or indifferent about being voted. Oath outright fighting against the idea I think is a sign he doesn’t have an ulterior motive

I'm willing to bet that at least one mafia member was posting in the first two hours of the game (so first 4 pages). I think this because it is a way for them to get posts in early, sow town seeds, and appear attentive and part of the team while also delaying meaningful interaction. It also encourages town to be silly too which seriously muddies the waters. I'm not going to analyse the content because I know the majority of it will be non-indicative of alignment, so it'll be a waste of time, but it does mean certain users have stood out to me. Daniel, Ness, and Trent stand out to me for these reasons.

also can i be king i wanna put everyones names in a spinny wheel
Can't determine if humour or literal. Either way, this approach doesn't sit well with me. This method would absolve the King of accountability - and stating it in advance feels like a premature way of saying, "vote me and when I hit town it won't be my fault."

No, my strategy is to try and fly under the radar by staying neutral, no biases, sit on sidelines and gather evidence. Basically, my strategy is to be antisocial for a benefit of possibly not dying.
I am leaning towards voting ShinyDungeoneer for King purely based on this post. I want to see what they do when pushed into a position where they have to act.

The player I'm getting strongest town vibes from is Arstotzkan.

dfmvs8b-9bfae81a-cd7a-4559-b661-d59864e4ce0c.gif

hi guys! super excited to be playing first tbt game 😄

just a bit more about myself: I play mostly on Mafia Universe (same as annika) so i have quite a bit of experience with forum mafia in general :p

i find this response to damniel asking what volt thinks about them becoming king slightly strange, mainly because of being unbothered about allowing damniel to be king likely without knowing much about damniel's alignment yet. @voltairenism I'd be interested in knowing if you were townreading damniel at all at this point?
no. in later posts i explained why i dont think alignment is a priority in choosing king
at this point i was just thinking dan would have a unique kill choice, hence "fun"

new to this type of game sorry lol
I would think mafia is able to kill at night, otherwise this is going to be a very long game.

Chris has wolf energy in that post. Mafia needs to pretend like they're trying to catch the wolves, and pretty much everything said in #251 doesn't work when you apply common sense to it.
I'm willing to bet that at least one mafia member was posting in the first two hours of the game (so first 4 pages). I think this because it is a way for them to get posts in early, sow town seeds, and appear attentive and part of the team while also delaying meaningful interaction. It also encourages town to be silly too which seriously muddies the waters. I'm not going to analyse the content because I know the majority of it will be non-indicative of alignment, so it'll be a waste of time, but it does mean certain users have stood out to me. Daniel, Ness, and Trent stand out to me for these reasons.
They planted a subtle, innocently delicate seed of doubt about myself, Trent and Daniel without actually accusing us of anything. This is conceited of me admittedly, but theres been this trend of people saying that I'm not inherently town because I've been failing the vibe checks apparently; Trent and Dan are both unknown to me, but from my POV this is an easy way to later setup the three of us being eliminated down the line.
Can't determine if humour or literal. Either way, this approach doesn't sit well with me. This method would absolve the King of accountability - and stating it in advance feels like a premature way of saying, "vote me and when I hit town it won't be my fault."
This falls apart when you take into account that Tessa was abundantly joking when that was said. Chris took an innocuous comment from the start of the game and twisted it into something it's not. Tessa didn't say anything wrong there.

The townread on Arstotzkan is weird when you take into account the dialogue the last few days. It doesn't click.

I have my retail shift until EOD unfortunately so I won't be too active the rest of the day. Once again I'd persuade you all to consider me for king but it doesn't seem like that's happening. Anyone want to lobby for my final vote before I get ready for work? Open to suggestions.

Chris has wolf energy in that post. Mafia needs to pretend like they're trying to catch the wolves...
I've an extremely busy lifestyle. Of course when I can spare an hour for the game I'm going to play it as it's intended rather than just make a coast post.

I've an extremely busy lifestyle. Of course when I can spare an hour for the game I'm going to play it as it's intended rather than just make a coast post.
Lifestyle or not I'm confident you're not town aligned. You put effort into that post, but doesn't change what was said. You took an innocent comment and tried to twist into something it isn't to make yourself appear as if you're hunting mafia.

Lifestyle or not I'm confident you're not town aligned. You put effort into that post, but doesn't change what was said. You took an innocent comment and tried to twist into something it isn't to make yourself appear as if you're hunting mafia.
Have you considered that other people simply interpret tone differently on the internet than you do? That might have been "abundantly joking" to you but as I said above I can't tell if that's a joke or not.

I don't think I'd heavily sus read someone based on the first substance post they had made. The content that Chris decided to comment on (the very start of the game and Tess's spin wheel) felt a bit random. But I see their thought process of voting Shiny for king though. I thought that was a pretty unique take.

The townread on Arstotzkan is weird when you take into account the dialogue the last few days. It doesn't click.

I don't really get what you mean here.

I'm starting to actually consider voting Oath for king. I think we should pick his brain a bit

I don't think I'd heavily sus read someone based on the first substance post they had made. The content that Chris decided to comment on (the very start of the game and Tess's spin wheel) felt a bit random. But I see their thought process of voting Shiny for king though. I thought that was a pretty unique take.

I don't really get what you mean here.

I'm starting to actually consider voting Oath for king. I think we should pick his brain a bit
Has Arstotzkan realistically done anything to be considered townread?

Back