• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

I could never bring myself to reset my original town, so I bought a second cartridge for the one-year challenge. I started it on New Year's Day.
So that the other town isn't ruined, I set it to beautiful ordinance and recorded the last date it was played.

What can I say? I wanted to start fresh, but in the end I just couldn't find it in me to reset.

Ah well. There are a lot worse things than having two cartridges.

(...and I actually LIKE the brown train station.)

I could never bring myself to reset my original town, so I bought a second cartridge for the one-year challenge. I started it on New Year's Day.
So that the other town isn't ruined, I set it to beautiful ordinance and recorded the last date it was played.

What can I say? I wanted to start fresh, but in the end I just couldn't find it in me to reset.

Y'know what, I just went up to the brown train station and it's a lovely caramel colour. I like it too!
And don't worry, I did that in July.I bought another copy of the game, just because I didn't want to reset.
It was hard for me to reset my town, but I'm glad I did.

I suppose resetting would be healthier, really. Still, it would mean erasing the work I had been doing all the way until last month - I got the game in July.

I guess I'm hoping that I can have enough ACNL love in my life to care about two towns, one of which I just won't be revisiting for a while.

Oh, and it's great to see another fan of the yummy caramel-y station. I just love it because it doesn't dictate my town's color scheme; brown goes with any path color that I choose.

I suppose resetting would be healthier, really. Still, it would mean erasing the work I had been doing all the way until last month - I got the game in July.

I guess I'm hoping that I can have enough ACNL love in my life to care about two towns, one of which I just won't be revisiting for a while.

Oh, and it's great to see another fan of the yummy caramel-y station. I just love it because it doesn't dictate my town's color scheme; brown goes with any path color that I choose.

Well, I'll tell you now, I had the special edition 3DS XL for AC, but I think I got sand in it (moral, don't bring it back to the beach, I'm not sure why I did, I couldn't see the screen xD), so I ended up with just one physical copy, because the other one was digital.
And yeah! In my previous post I sort of dissed it, but taking another look at it, it's looks nice! :D
I think this reset was the right move for me. I did have a town of villagers I liked, but I was never happy with my town. Now I am. :)

I'm glad to hear that things worked out well for you in the end, and that resetting gave you something to be happy about.

I guess it's just not for me, but it's nice that it's the right solution for others.

(Sorry if I seemed kind of hurt-feelings on behalf of the brown station, by the way. I may be a bit dramatic sometimes.)

I'm glad to hear that things worked out well for you in the end, and that resetting gave you something to be happy about.

I guess it's just not for me, but it's nice that it's the right solution for others.

(Sorry if I seemed kind of hurt-feelings on behalf of the brown station, by the way. I may be a bit dramatic sometimes.)

I can understand why resetting isn't for others. I felt quite bad when I reset my town, but as I said, I'm glad I did.
Also, don't worry about it! You didn't seem hurt-feeling(ed?). :)

I can see why resetting isn't for some - it is heartbreaking if you've invested hundreds of hours into a town. Luckily, that is never my situation. The only bad thing about resetting is it is so hard to find even a decent looking map.

There are a lot of maps that do not even feel welcoming, if that makes sense to anyone other than my head lol.

I can see why resetting isn't for some - it is heartbreaking if you've invested hundreds of hours into a town. Luckily, that is never my situation. The only bad thing about resetting is it is so hard to find even a decent looking map.

There are a lot of maps that do not even feel welcoming, if that makes sense to anyone other than my head lol.

The bold sentence summed up my animal crossing career. XD
I usually invest a small amount of time into doing something, then most of my time resetting. I'm not proud of resetting so much, but I never really liked a lot of my towns. D:

I like the brown station too! It's probably my favorite, actually, because to me, it looks more natural. Not that it really matters, though - I'll just end up upgrading it.

From here, which face should I use?

I am choosing between #1, #3, and #8.

I really like #1 the best, but choose what you like. ^u^

Last edited:
I'm looking to restart but I really don't want to loose all my furniture or bells. I don't like my map or layout of my town. I'm new on this site, so I don't really know what to do. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me?

i'm planning to restart, but one villager won't move out and it's marina. i was planning to have someone hold her.
i've grown tired of trying to time travel her out. should i just restart? :/ advice please!

Last edited:
i'm planning to restart, but one villager won't move out and it's marina. i was planning to have someone hold her.
i've grown tired of trying to time travel her out. should i just restart? :/ advice please!

Marina is quite rare so you might regret it just or the sake of more patience and time

I am so happy with this town, also just found my new plot - Julian! Can't believe he's a random move in omg.

I have thought about resetting because honestly... I have too much grass deterioration and I'm not fully happy with my character or my town... BUT - I have way too many bells and cataloged items to do it now. :3

The struggle of finding a specific map /sob/
Day 2 of resetting.

after that is the struggle of looking fav villager each moving in days and the next-day-will-always-be-someone-in-campsite-after-campsite-finished-day lol! <3 Patience is the key after reset, make it worth it ;o; <3

I am really ready to reset and already have everything ready to do so but the problem is I basically don't have anyone that's like willing to let me reset using their town, so hopefully someone on here can help me? I really want to pick a new map already ( ̄□ ̄; )!!

Last edited:
I am really ready to reset and already have everything ready to do so but the problem is I basically don't have anyone that's like willing to let me reset using their town, so hopefully someone on here can help me? I really want to pick a new map already ( ̄□ ̄; )!!

Do you need anyone to help hold items or bells? I can hold some stuff if that's what you want! c:

Back