• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Resetting Thread

My beautiful dreamie Diana just moved out due to a TT accident :( I didn't even get to give her away or get someone to hold her for me when I booted up she was gone, and now I'm seriously thinking of ressetting...
Me too, mine is in boxes :c

- - - Post Merge - - -

I really haven't done well with this challenge xD

I really haven't done well with this challenge xD

What have you done? xD I've gotten items off people, but meh. Considering getting some bushes and perfect oranges to help speed up my town beautifying, aha.

http://us12.chatzy.com/51582387562258 it's dead totally pass ducks

Last edited:
What have you done? xD I've gotten items off people, but meh. Considering getting some bushes and perfect oranges to help speed up my town beautifying, aha.

I reset and I've not done a lot in my town so far.
I'll take this to the chat.

I'm doing alright with my new town, got some PWPs down including the Dream Suite.
Just need to get my house together, it's in a terrible state.

resetting atm because i did everything on my last save and got stuck about what was left on museum and wanted better layout. want a good snooty and lazy though AND NO BIRDS

resetting atm because i did everything on my last save and got stuck about what was left on museum and wanted better layout. want a good snooty and lazy though AND NO BIRDS

I have Robin hate her lol.
I reset for ages to find a good map, though, so good luck !

Umm I started tting again >3<

I'm having thoughts about resetting...

I always enjoyed my layout, and I made a private forest with a campsite but then 3 villagers moved into that forest, making the completely empty villager place still empty. That made me mad, and I haven't unlocked any museum stuff, and I'm always so slow at cycling villagers so its hard for me to get my dreamies. Along with that, I have bad luck with villager plotting and I'm getting tired of one straight river, with no one curve only. All the villagers are in the wrong spots, and I dislike the way I put my paths down and there are so many trees...

BUT

I have so many items, 5 amazing villagers, a house that took me ages to build, 43 million bells and just the feeling of my town.

Any advice? Should I reset?

I'm having thoughts about resetting...

I always enjoyed my layout, and I made a private forest with a campsite but then 3 villagers moved into that forest, making the completely empty villager place still empty. That made me mad, and I haven't unlocked any museum stuff, and I'm always so slow at cycling villagers so its hard for me to get my dreamies. Along with that, I have bad luck with villager plotting and I'm getting tired of one straight river, with no one curve only. All the villagers are in the wrong spots, and I dislike the way I put my paths down and there are so many trees...

BUT

I have so many items, 5 amazing villagers, a house that took me ages to build, 43 million bells and just the feeling of my town.

Any advice? Should I reset?

Items and bells can be held, but if you have a lot, it may take a long, long while to unload!! A house, well, you can try and build it up again. Villagers can be held, or gotten back through cycling threads and stuff. The feeling of your town.. well, you can get a new feeling for your new town
My famous speech coming up xD haha kidding... maybe.
So, if you definitely want to reset, then do it now, when you're not really far into the game. The further into the game you get, the harder it is to tear yourself away from your town and reset. So, if you put it off now, but when you have more bells, an almost finished house and/or museum, all the villagers you want, loads more items, T&T emporium and the like, you'll find it really, really hard to say ''bye-bye!'' to your town and restart. My advice? DO IT.

I just reseted the first day I got AC new leaf because the map wasn't very good... but felt horrible until I saw the new neighbours :) I don't feel like reseting again, maybe with the start of another AC until I find a good map.

By the way, I didn't know there was different type of grass! In the last AC I got the triangle one, I'm afraid I got the circle now (not sure with the snow). Duhh....

i feel like the more i reset, the pickier i get ( ? ▽ ` )ゞ
it should be the other way around, but nope! every time i have a generally fine village, but then there's one thing i don't like (native fruit, villagers, rocks) and i end up resetting again anyway.
but i'm still motivated, so it's not a problem!
i did calculate that the chance of getting one particular village layout with one particular placement pattern of town hall/plaza/re-tail is comparable to the chance of getting a shiny in Pok?mon, so... keep at it, guys! (」゜ロ゜)」

it should be the other way around, but nope! every time i have a generally fine village, but then there's one thing i don't like (native fruit, villagers, rocks) and i end up resetting again anyway.
i did calculate that the chance of getting one particular village layout with one particular placement pattern of town hall/plaza/re-tail is comparable to the chance of getting a shiny in Pok?mon, so... keep at it, guys! (」゜ロ゜)」

I know how you feel. I got a great map and great starters, but cherries and circle grass. :(
I have a great town now, but I do get pickier.
Anyway, good luck.

I know how you feel. I had a decent layout but pears and square grass.
I'm still not 100% happy, as i have oranges, but I can live with it. I got pickier and pickier :3

I wish I'd looked for a good map instead of just picking my town straight away the day I bought it. I would reset now, but I'd lose so many things that I would probably regret it immediately ;_;

I have a sudden urge to start a town called Jellicle and I shall head an army of cat villagers.

This feeling of how good that town would be would pass as currently I am belting Cats the Musical.

It's happening again. I freaking HATE my town layout. I love love LOVE my villagers (except for Bob, who I don't have yet waah) and I have all these items and shiz that I don't want to lose and I actually love having oranges but I just... hate my town :( I'm so over resetting. But god I don't want to go through getting Ribbot and Fauna and Marina and Zucker again. FML.

I probably resetted a million times, including just again last night because every time I watch YouTube videos or learn something new about AC:NL, it makes me wanna start over. This need to *start over* again...and again. ..and again...is a bad habit of mine not just with Animal Crossing but other games, too...like Harvest Moon, Rune Factory...hell, I can't even play The Sims for more than 3 days before wanting to start from scratch again. Hence me never ever finishing or progress far into a game. :( I try to comfort my bad habit by telling myself it's because I'm a perfectionist...but, really, I just got issues and suck at virtual life. :'(

But at least, at the moment, my town is near perfect re: map, locations of everything and town fruit. Lets see how long I'll stick to this one...

Sadly, I'm back here again. I wanted my previous reset to be my last, but I ended up not playing for a few days, and thus I set the clock back to keep it on the same day for a while, and then I kept putting it back again and again, just making it worse, and now I can't really be bothered to try and catch up. I also don't like the current town name as much anymore, I dislike my fruits and a couple of other things too. Maybe I should reset? Although the problem there is I could take a while resetting, but maybe not. If I do reset, I'll be at the very beginning again. I'm not that far currently so there's a lot of work to do either way, but I've at least made some progress. I can hold on to items and I might be able to get someone to hold on to a villager or two.

Obviously, if I reset I can pick the name that I want. My current name is essentially a tribute to my first two towns, but I think I prefer the name of my second town. Of course, if I do reset, there's no way to know if I will be bothered to re-do a lot of things. I'll have a blank encyclopedia, no upgrades to my house, etc. There's also the chance I'll want to reset again after a while, so... I don't know. I really don't know what to do. I could take the time to catch up and improve my town, but... I don't know if I could live with this name. :/ Any suggestions?

Back