Heartstamp Mushroom Lamp
Lily of the Valley
Golden Mushroom Lamp
Galaxy Cupcake
Rainbow Birthday Bouquet
Golden Watering Can
Red Pansy
ReturnOfTheHauntedCarnival.png

This year's Fair hosted a grand twentieth birthday party for The Bell Tree, but after summer turned to autumn, the fairgrounds were left littered and abandoned. As torn streamers blew from trees and soggy confetti mixed into the mud, one group of resourceful fairgoers had a clever idea. They would gather these leftover decorations and reuse them to help build their own carnival tent for Halloween!

Meeting at the local tent supply store, they worked together to purchase the remaining supplies needed to recreate their version of last year's Haunted Carnival event. Creative activities, brain-teasing puzzles, fun curses, and collectible concessions. This time, the tent would be open to everyone. Our generous hosts hoisted their tent and revealed its new name, which they decided by a close vote: welcome to the Wix Well Tent!

It was at this moment that confusion struck the crowd when another tent appeared in the foggy distance, far more petrifying than the playful community-created one. Last year's carnival presented the four spooky tents: Magic, Mind, Monster, and Mountebank. However, it seems their sinister sibling was missing that year, perhaps deemed too unsafe, left behind in the darkness. Until now: welcome to the Macabre Tent!

How it Works
Each tent board holds several different activities for you to complete from now until Halloween. Some will be starting at a later date, with all ending on or before Halloween night, so be mindful of the dates listed in each thread. Both tents contain creativity-based activities and thinking-based activities that award Carnival Coins to spend on Halloween collectibles in the shop. They also contain additional curses and pranks that are just for fun. Users who received prize packs from this year's TBT Fair decided the name and contents of the Wix Well Tent. Spooky spirits (or maybe it was the staff) did the same for the Macabre Tent.

On October 29th, the community will vote to decide which tent was the most hauntingly spooky and the winning tent will unlock a secret trunk of old collectibles to be sold in the shop on Halloween. They may even contain a collectible that has never been released before. The theme of the trunks may connect to their respective tents in some way, but their contents will not be known ahead of time.

Collectibles to Buy
The carnival shop is filled with 8 brand-new and 4 returning collectibles you can purchase with the Carnival Coins you earn from the tents' activities! And don't forget, another batch of returning collectibles will be added to the shop on Halloween night, so it may be wise to wait before spending all of your coins right away!

75 Carnival Coins
471.jpg
Pink Love Potion (returning)
50 Carnival Coins
320.jpg
Spirit Candy: Wix (returning)
593.jpg
Carnival Pinwheel (returning)
40 Carnival Coins
1419.jpg
Crow Plush
30 Carnival Coins
1420.jpg
Booton Mushroom
1421.jpg
Ghastly Lantern
20 Carnival Coins
1422.jpg
Edgourd
1423.jpg
Old Gameboy
1424.jpg
Pink Cotton Candy
10 Carnival Coins
1425.jpg
Zipper T. Balloon
1426.jpg
Half-Eaten Cupcake
148.jpg
Pumpkin Cupcake (returning)
Staff Favorite Choice
1427.jpg
Cursed Lantern
609.jpg
Sinister Lantern (returning)
62.jpg
Ancient Lantern (returning)

Tents and Activities

Creative ActivitiesThinking ActivitiesCurses and Pranks
Delicious DesignsDemonic LogicBanner Beasts
Spooky Scary ScavengingPhantom in the Fairgrounds (Starts on the 23rd)Wisp's Scattered Spirit (Starts on the 23rd)
Creature Feature (Starts on the 23rd)

Creative ActivitiesThinking ActivitiesCurses and Pranks
Pumpkin PageantryHouse of NightmaresBloodthirsty Boos
Unreal EstateCount Inside the Bottle (Starts on the 23rd)The Thirteenth Curse (Starts on the 23rd)
Tales of Terror (Starts on the 23rd)
Pierrot's Parlor (Starts on the 23rd)

Haunted Carnival Backdrops
Two temporary backdrops are for sale during the haunted carnival. Forum backdrops are designs that show up behind your profile information with each of your posts.

backdrop-astral-arcana.png
backdrop-cryptic-canopy-d.png

Astral Arcana and Cryptic Canopy

The Astral Arcana and Cryptic Canopy backdrops designed by Mistreil and Pyoopi have returned! Either backdrop can be purchased in the shop for 45 bells and will be removed from your inventory after 2 weeks.

Staff Credits
Extra spooky special thanks to all of the staff who hosted this event!
  • Activity hosts: Mistreil, Jeremy, Chris, Justin Oblivia, Nefarious, Kaiaa, ~Kilza~ LadyDestani
  • Activities and thread coordinator: Jeremy
  • Art coordinator: Mistreil
  • Main thread banner art: Pyoopi and Mistreil
  • Tent banner art: Mistreil
  • Collectible art for all new collectibles: Mistreil
  • Forum banner scene decorations art: Mick
  • Admin setup: Jeremy, Justin, Oblivia
And thank you prize pack recipients for helping decide how half of the event's activities should work!

The carnival is now open!

Last edited:
Why is Haikyuu!! the first thing I think of when I see the crow plush?

I’ll have to look this over. It’ll be a good time since I have off for the weekend.

I was just thinking yesterday how a crow villager would be cool to go with my island idea. Really cool to see a crow collectible! :D. I love the old gameboy, booton, and ghastly lantern too. A bit bummed about no returning kittie plushies but with the new collectibles, I think I’m fine with them returning in a different event so I can get something else 🙂

On second read: I'm looking forward to seeing what the mystery collectibles are on Halloween 👀 also I hope with Booton achieving collectible status, it might be possible for the others to return (please Dragon mushrooms!!!).

Back