The Self-Care Check

I did my nails, I hadn't done them in like a year, and I had a healthy smoothie earlier

I’m drinking some water to stay hydrated, and I was listening to stress-reducing and calming sounds earlier.

I had a really stressful day so I took a longer than usual shower. It helped relieve some of the tension.

I woke up early this morning, listened to my Bible study podcast, then read some of my yoga book. Washed my face with a gentle facial cleanser, put on moisturizer combined with sunscreen, and am drinking lots of water to stay hydrated in this ridiculous heat

Does anyone use that Calm app? I have been wanting to look into it, just to see what it’s about. I’ve been listening to sleep music and calming sounds on YouTube. It does help clear my mind to get a decent sleep. I’m pretty sure Calm costs money and the stuff I’m listening to on YouTube is helping just fine.

I made banana bread today, baking is very relaxing to me.

I also did 15 minutes of relaxation yoga tonight. Plus watched a couple episodes of Pokémon which always puts me in a good mood :)

I took a break from work this morning to lay down and rest my eyes.

I picked up some nectarines and Lipton Green Tea (both the citrus and white peach flavors) at the grocery store today. I'm working on eating a little healthier.

I ordered a standing desk that should arrive next week because my chiropractor said I sit at my computer too much. Hopefully, it will help with my back pain.

I went to my self-care group yesterday and we made worry dolls

Today I slept in because I really needed it

I had a good cry today and cuddled with my husband and my dog because I've been feeling sad and in pain all weekend. It was nice to let the emotions out and I felt a little better afterwards. I've also been journaling regularly, which is helping some as well.

It took me a while to get to this point, but I made some steps today to finally start distancing myself from a toxic friend. (Nobody on here, of course.) I'd been feeling like things were very one-sided for some time, and at some point I stopped being comfortable sharing things with them at all. Now that I'm stepping away from it, I'm already feeling kind of relieved.

I went to my therapy appointment today, it went well :) We talked about some things I've been doing, like being more social, facing my fear of public speaking, and talked a bit about my eating disorder and how I'm coping with that at the moment.

I picked up my meds from the pharmacy. In the morning I have an appointment with my primary care doctor to discuss a couple meds I might get on for GERD and also for PMS. I also ate pretty healthy today

I walked about five miles each day for the past three days. I’m starting to feel it in the lower part of my legs and I’m really happy that I’m getting the chance to do some walking.

What a nice, relaxing thread!

I slept in a bit today, and took a nice warm shower when I woke up. Had some pancakes for breakfast. Then, I worked on repotting my jade. I'm gonna go on my exercise bike in a bit, and then get back to playing NH.

I did nothing for my mental health today unfortunately. My life low-key is sort of falling apart but it's very hard. But the day is not over. And I plan to take a nice long shower today so that counts, maybe? If not then oh well lol.

It's really upsetting when people make me feel like I have to sacrifice my personal health in order to meet their demands, and that's what all of October and November has consisted of for me. It's really unhealthy. But I've recently gotten a therapist and she's going to help me stop and learn how to say 'no' to things. So I'm really excited for the near future in that regard. One day I'll get way better at this and I'll be able to actually write a list or something on this forum topic maybe lol.

Despite the day not really going well for me, I made time to take a nice, hot shower and I plan on doing some journaling before bed tonight to try and clear my head a bit.

Played a video game with my little sister,
Listened to some of my favourite music,
Had a nice dinner

Today I went on a walk with my mom. Just in with my kitty tonight having a Dr Brew kombucha.

Back