• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

Here's what I did: Looked up Yersinia pestis. Looked up who Steve Roud is and what he's most famous for. Searched the internet for the phrase "lovely apricots." I honestly don't know what Hiroshima means in the context of the puzzle. ^o^;>

If you want more hints, then you'll need to ask more specifically what information you'd like me to help you with.

Ohhh I got it! When I found the thing I was completely sure that this is it, but my first few guesses were incorrect. But soon after, it clicked. Very clever!

Here's what I did: Looked up Yersinia pestis. Looked up who Steve Roud is and what he's most famous for. Searched the internet for the phrase "lovely apricots." I honestly don't know what Hiroshima means in the context of the puzzle. ^o^;>

If you want more hints, then you'll need to ask more specifically what information you'd like me to help you with.
That is what I was thinking
Google isn't telling me what "lovely apricots" means I thought it was a song since Steve Roud is known for music or something it says
Google just shows me what an apricot is :/

ooh, these hints were so helpful! I got it by searching for

lyrics "lovely apricots"

and then applying one of the search results to the rest of the clue!

ooh, these hints were so helpful! I got it by searching for

lyrics "lovely apricots"

and then applying one of the search results to the rest of the clue!
these two hints together!! Thank you both :)

Managed to get it!
I already knew what the bacteria was referencing, but I got caught up on the idea of finding a song referencing a "little boy" (name of the bomb that hit hiroshima) who got the plague

Looks like I'm getting nowhere the more hints people share the more I go down a rabbit hole and associate the hints with more things

i loved the last puzzle and it was so much fun to solve! I feel like i’m on the right track with the new puzzle because i can see the connect between parts of the clue but still not sure what to redeem. gonna have to circle back to this one

when i’ve applied all the hints and still don’t know what i’m looking for 🤣
update: i found the answer! i had a slight idea as to how the concepts were connected, but the actual answer wasn’t in any of the search results that came up (and my critical thinking skills are nonexistent since i’m overtired). i had to google “steve roud” and “lovely apricots” together for the answer to show up. 😅

thanks for the hints @kiwikenobi @amemome!

Either I'm worse at google than I thought or I'm blind. I've tried all the suggestions here but all I'm getting is k-pop.

here's the answer for anyone who doesn't have the time/energy, because even with the hints, this one still requires a bit of digging, and i missed it at first.

answer: 7925, the round folk song index (created by steve round) number for the rhyme, 'ring around the rosie', which has modern lyrics referencing the plague (caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis) as well as a variation that's about radiation sickness and contains the lyrics "hiro, shima". a german version of the rhyme translates to "A ring, a ring o' roses, Lovely apricots, Violets blue, forget-me-nots, Sit down, children all! "

here's the answer for anyone who doesn't have the time/energy, because even with the hints, this one still requires a bit of digging, and i missed it at first.

answer: 7925, the round folk song index (created by steve round) number for the rhyme, 'ring around the rosie', which has modern lyrics referencing the plague (caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis) as well as a variation that's about radiation sickness and contains the lyrics "hiro, shima". a german version of the rhyme translates to "A ring, a ring o' roses, Lovely apricots, Violets blue, forget-me-nots, Sit down, children all! "

Thank you so much for this, I was starting to feel a bit annoyed since google kept giving me such a hodgepodge of unrelated topics and I'd tried just about every phrase from the ring around the rosie page already. Numbers were the last thing on my mind.

Thank you! I found all the separate keywords, but it would still have taken me a while to realise I was looking for the index number :)

Thank you so much for this, I was starting to feel a bit annoyed since google kept giving me such a hodgepodge of unrelated topics and I'd tried just about every phrase from the ring around the rosie page already. Numbers were the last thing on my mind.
ditto, i tried all the variations of the rhyme (which i had already guessed on the plague/hiroshima clues) before i even clicked on the wiki page lmao. i only tried the numbers after recognizing that they were from the (steve) round index, and i wasnt expecting them to actually work.

Back