• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Spirit Tree

Either I'm worse at google than I thought or I'm blind. I've tried all the suggestions here but all I'm getting is k-pop.
I keep getting weird music, church music, or things that have absolutely nothing to do with what I typed into Google TT_TT

Yikes! That was a trickier puzzle. Thanks to all who gave hints! I actually figured most of it out on own but didn't realize it because many of the google answers didn't make sense together. The hints helped me see I was on the right track.

Here's what I did: Looked up Yersinia pestis. Looked up who Steve Roud is and what he's most famous for. Searched the internet for the phrase "lovely apricots." I honestly don't know what Hiroshima means in the context of the puzzle. ^o^;>

If you want more hints, then you'll need to ask more specifically what information you'd like me to help you with.

the Hiroshima part refers to a parody involving radiation sickness:
Ring-a-ring-o'-geranium,
A pocket full of uranium,
Hiro, shima
All fall down!

I know the answer. Its just not redeeming it properly 😤

here's the answer for anyone who doesn't have the time/energy, because even with the hints, this one still requires a bit of digging, and i missed it at first.

answer: 7925, the round folk song index (created by steve round) number for the rhyme, 'ring around the rosie', which has modern lyrics referencing the plague (caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis) as well as a variation that's about radiation sickness and contains the lyrics "hiro, shima". a german version of the rhyme translates to "A ring, a ring o' roses, Lovely apricots, Violets blue, forget-me-nots, Sit down, children all! "
ditto, i tried all the variations of the rhyme (which i had already guessed on the plague/hiroshima clues) before i even clicked on the wiki page lmao. i only tried the numbers after recognizing that they were from the (steve) round index, and i wasnt expecting them to actually work.
Well now I feel dumb. I was imputing all the different name versions of the song 😂😂😂😂

Thank you hint providers 💚 I was able to get it with some help!

I feel like this event is going to get more and more interesting as time goes on 🤔

here's the answer for anyone who doesn't have the time/energy, because even with the hints, this one still requires a bit of digging, and i missed it at first.

answer: 7925, the round folk song index (created by steve round) number for the rhyme, 'ring around the rosie', which has modern lyrics referencing the plague (caused by the bacteria Yersinia pestis) as well as a variation that's about radiation sickness and contains the lyrics "hiro, shima". a german version of the rhyme translates to "A ring, a ring o' roses, Lovely apricots, Violets blue, forget-me-nots, Sit down, children all! "
Thank you - I literally had just uttered, “Mannn, I don’t have time for this today.” I was absolutely no where NEAR coming up with that, so thank you so much. 💜

I only know what Y. Pestis is because of NCIS 😅
I too was trying different names for the song. Never would have guessed I needed the index number.

Ah, thank you to everyone for the hints and the answer! I was on the right track, but I think in words not numbers so it would have taken me far too long to try that.

Woah so I knew the answer but it was in words and the correct answer is actually numbers??

Huge thank you for providing the answers. I don't always have the time to sit down and figure it out, so I greatly appreciate it. 💕

I don’t think I ever would have gotten this on my own, so thank you! I’m not very good at the Easter puzzles either 😂

The window to redeem the code for Challenge #1 has closed.
The code was: OVERMYDEADBODY

Challenge #1
Revealed: 10/24 5:00AM EDT​
Redeem By: 10/25 11:59PM EDT​
Prize: 7 Ghostly Gold​
RebusClue03.png

Solution:
Code:
OVEN -N = OVE
OVE + R = OVER
M + EYE = MY
D + ED = DEAD
BAA + D = BODY 

OVERMYDEADBODY

Well done to everyone who solved Challenge #1!

Back