• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The things I do for my villagers.

Imbri

Resident Night Mare
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
1856-7828-8669
Island
Deilf Isle
Baby Chick Easter Egg
Sweetheart Easter Egg
Strawberry Doll
Tortimer
Shadow Kitty Plush
Rosewater Potion
Blue Rosewater Potion
Rose Crystal
Lily of the Valley
Pavé Pink Feather
I try not to turn down any request, because I want to keep the villagers happy and not looking to move. So when Keaton pinged me yesterday and asked if I would buy his Wistful Painting, I said yes. Sometimes they do have genuine works of art, even if they do charge double what Redd does. Instead, that dumb bird soaked me for 7,000 bells and I got a fake. *grumblegrumble* If it weren't that I was happy with the placement of all the houses, have an even number of male and female villagers (yeah, I know it's silly), and had all personalities represented, he'd be outta here. No, not really, but it was money I could have put toward my loan or a PWP.

Speaking of PWPs, Blathers asked me about building The Roost this morning when I took my fossils over for assessment. I had already set up for my final bridge rebuild, so I'll start that in a day or two. It'll give me more time to plan out exactly where I want it to go. I'm figuring the Police Station (Classic) will go near Town Hall and Re-Tail, but I'm still scouting out for Brewster's spot. Here's what the town looks like, so far:

View attachment 234629

I've marked who lives where and where I'd like to build the Police Station. The red X marks are the most logical sites for The Roost, based on space and ease of access. I'd like to keep it out of that upper right spot, because I'd like to create a little forest nook where I can sit and be lazy, so it would either be in the upper left or center. What do you think?

Shrunk taught me the Cold Wind emotion and Shampoodles opens today. The Nooklings are closed for renovations. And Redd is in the Plaza, so hopefully I can snag something valid for the Museum (I'm looking at you, Keaton).

I found a pink rose this morning. Maybe when I have several, I'll plant them with the purple ones; I've always liked that combination. Need to get more axes from Leif, but he's been selling watering cans lately. I did get one heart stump from the trees I've already cut down, so that stayed. All the others have been dug up.

My basement has been enlarged to full size. Once I pay off the loan, I think I might start on the back room.

And after my house is all done, I get to start all over again with the other three. Oh, joy.

Re-Tail is about to open, and Blathers returned all my fossils, I've got a few gyroids, and the money rock gave me ore this morning, so I've got plenty for Reese. Then I'll be off to Main Street to change up my hair and see if I can find a top or something to tuck away for Lolly's birthday. See you later!

ETA: Oh, irony, how I love thee! The genuine item in Redd's tent today was... the Wistful Painting. *headdesk*

Attachments

• Hollowyn Screenshot.jpg
    Hollowyn Screenshot.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 15
Haha. xD Well, at least you got the legit painting. I'd send the fake one back to him along with a strongly worded letter.

Ooh I love your map. o: Love the spot for the Police Station too. I guess I'm not the only one who likes to have all of the 'businesses' in the same area. So I think your cafe should go around them, too! Although I do like that spot just across the river from the campsite for another bridge also. And I like the idea for the upper right corner! I could totally picture an Outdoor Chair or maybe a Hammock surrounded by some trees. ^^

I really should, but with my luck, he'd send me a Pitfall Seed or something equally ridiculous in return. He's a crafty bird. Even Stitches told me, last night, that he (Stitches) was feeling so great that he was going to give some of his extra happiness to Keaton. Guess I'm not the only one thinking Keaton needs a bit of an adjustment. ;)

Thanks, I like the map, too. I think you're right about putting the café in with Town Hall and the other "business" buildings. That way, no one will be tempted to go near my mini beach where my hybrids are and I still have that NE area to make into a secret grove.

Thank you for the input. :)

Haha, I find it funny how Redd had a Wistful Painting even though you had just bought Keaton's earlier that day! AC can just be crazy sometimes. :p

Back