• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I HATE the hourly music in New Leaf, and don't understand what everyone sees in it. GameCube and New Horizons are the best, but anything is better than New Leaf's music which can somehow both put me to sleep AND grate on my nerves. I always had to play with the sound off.

I see people saying New Horizons' is way worse, and it feels like we're living on different planets 😅

I wonder how much of it has to do with which game you started with. Maybe people entering the series at NL are more fond of it? I started with GC, and I'm so glad NH went back to the original style!

I felt that Animal Crossing: New Leaf was the most revolutionary Animal Crossing game, even though ACNH gave you even more freedom while ACNL still follows traditional gameplay.

I wouldn't say that any Animal Crossing sequel has ever been "revolutionary". The funny thing is... the second part of your sentence above says it all. Animal Crossing New Leaf wasn't revolutionary really, it was just a greatly refined version of the original Animal Crossing formula (aside from villager interaction, but...that's been weak in every game post-WW, so...). It was so refreshing after CF because CF was, well, quite a poor showing.

I'd say because of the freedom NH is technically more revolutionary, but I'm not going to go there, because as I said, no AC sequel has ever met that criteria (I'm just saying NH is closer). NH's freedom is in great part (aside from the ability to edit the cliffs/rivers/etc.) a refinement of NL's clunky PWP feature. Furniture that was a PWP in NL is now something you can just place outside and freely move around, and that's great... But not revolutionary by any means even still.

However, I will say it is a big enough deal that it has kept me playing longer than NL.

I HATE the hourly music in New Leaf, and don't understand what everyone sees in it. GameCube and New Horizons are the best, but anything is better than New Leaf's music which can somehow both put me to sleep AND grate on my nerves. I always had to play with the sound off.

I see people saying New Horizons' is way worse, and it feels like we're living on different planets 😅

I wonder how much of it has to do with which game you started with. Maybe people entering the series at NL are more fond of it? I started with GC, and I'm so glad NH went back to the original style!

Personally, I don't understand why there is so much hate for NH's hourly music, either. There are some tracks I really dislike, but there are others that are great like 5PM. With NL, I don't even remember most of the hourly music. Maybe it could be because I got bored of NL quicker than any AC game aside from CF.

I don't think Timothée Chalamet is hot or even cute. Something looks off about him and I think he looks quite boyish in an unappealing way. Usually men who have a youthful face look somewhat pretty/manly but he just looks like he's 14 still despite being 24...

agreed. new leaf was a huge step-up from city folk and was absolutely iconic

There’s a lesson that all should learn (Disney learned it the hard way with their live action remakes, as well as the 1995 film Pocahontas). You may capture the charm from others, but it only works once. You see, ACNL has brought life to TBT’s community, and it changed Animal Crossing forever. Even though ACNH sold better and faster, ACNL did what no other AC game did before, as ACNH is like an attempt to copy history (hence why I said it works once).

• ACNH introduced very few villagers. ACNL introduced many more, plus two new species and two new personalities.
  • ACNL introduced the very idea of designing your town any way you like. ACNH only gave you more freedom.
  • ACNL introduced many more characters that specialize in many different fields, including the famous face of Animal Crossing.
  • ACNL introduced town sharing, diving, statues, and other fruits. ACNH has yet to add these (except statues).
  • ACNL introduced QR codes, tops and bottoms (clothes), and furniture customization.
  • Several features introduced in ACNH were more like weird gimmicks you only see late in the franchise.

Last edited:
I never liked Taylor Swift, but I’m starting to realize now that this is how many people also feel.

I personally think that socks with sandals are okay. They aren't really the end of the world, and it isnt that hideous. Im not talking about sandals that have the divider between the big toe and second toe, I'm talking more about like slides. I also don't really know peoples opinions on this, but socks with slippers are also okay, sometimes you want extra warm feet.

I truly believe Kim Jong Un doesn't poop.

Normally, I would know better than to invalidate others’ opinions, but here’s an unpopular opinion about this.

If you think Princess Leia is the best Disney Princess or one of the best Disney Princess (or even one of the best Disney heroines), your opinion is invalid. In order for it to count as a “Disney heroine”, it must be a character from Disney’s animation canon (also known as Walt Disney Animation Studios). I do not like seeing her among the list of non-princess Disney heroines when I expect to see Disney heroines from the Disney animation canon (like Jenny from Oliver & Company, Nala, and Alice).

Dear family,

A restaurant can mess up your order just a little bit when you're asking for takeout on Mother's day in the middle of a pandemic, and you don't have to call them and complain... they didn't even charge us for the stuff they forgot to cook!!

I'm sorry Olive Garden.

Normally, I would know better than to invalidate others’ opinions, but here’s an unpopular opinion about this.

If you think Princess Leia is the best Disney Princess or one of the best Disney Princess (or even one of the best Disney heroines), your opinion is invalid. In order for it to count as a “Disney heroine”, it must be a character from Disney’s animation canon (also known as Walt Disney Animation Studios). I do not like seeing her among the list of non-princess Disney heroines when I expect to see Disney heroines from the Disney animation canon (like Jenny from Oliver & Company, Nala, and Alice).
Megara is my favourite Disney female and even though she's technically a goddess, I'd still love for her to be in the princess line.

Megara is my favourite Disney female and even though she's technically a goddess, I'd still love for her to be in the princess line.

I actually like the Disney Non-princesses better than the Disney Princesses. This list includes:

- Faline
- Alice
- Wendy
- Penny (the girl from The Rescuers)
- Eilonwy (the princess from The Black Cauldron)
- Jenny (the girl from Oliver and Company)
- Nala
- Esmerelda
- Megara
- Jane Porter
- Kida (or that princess from Atlantis)
- Anna (she’s a princess, I don’t get why she isn’t in the lineup)
- Elsa
- Judy Hopps

I actually like the Disney Non-princesses better than the Disney Princesses. This list includes:

- Faline
- Alice
- Wendy
- Penny (the girl from The Rescuers)
- Eilonwy (the princess from The Black Cauldron)
- Jenny (the girl from Oliver and Company)
- Nala
- Esmerelda
- Megara
- Jane Porter
- Kida (or that princess from Atlantis)
- Anna (she’s a princess, I don’t get why she isn’t in the lineup)
- Elsa
- Judy Hopps
I love Jenny and Jane! ;w;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back