• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

The Unpopular Opinions thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't vibe with podcasts and audio books.
Post automatically merged:

Why can't we just accept that people have different views without statements like this? Why should it matter to you what someone's personal beliefs/political views are? I have not seen a single post from people on this thread with different ideologies that hasn't been put in a reasonable and justified manner - whether I agree with them or not. Posts like this one, on the other hand, do nothing but try to stir up trouble where it doesn't exist.

Most people aren't as unaffected by politics as the people who want to turn them into debates on an Animal Crossing forum though.

I always struggle to pay attention when listening to a Podcast. Having said that, I got on really well with ChuyPlaysNintendo's Animal Crossing podcasts, they're really easy to listen to. He and his co-hosts do a great job and they certainly made the wait for New Horizons a lot easier!

Most people aren't as unaffected by politics as the people who want to turn them into debates on an Animal Crossing forum though.
There's no reason why you can't have a civil discussion about your disagreements. I don't think people insulting others with a different viewpoint to them and name-calling is the right way to do things.

I feel like some people would use this as an excuse to show how quirky they are lmao
I'm quirky, but not in an interesting way lol.

Console Wars are stupid. Yet you see adults on Twitter constantly arguing over pieces of plastic all day long.

Why can't we just accept that people have different views without statements like this? Why should it matter to you what someone's personal beliefs/political views are? I have not seen a single post from people on this thread with different ideologies that hasn't been put in a reasonable and justified manner - whether I agree with them or not. Posts like this one, on the other hand, do nothing but try to stir up trouble where it doesn't exist.

Thank you.

My husband left atheist forums years ago because people constantly insulted him for having a "dumb Christian wife." They didn't even know me, they just assumed I had to be stupid because I was a person of faith. The very fact that I was Christian alone was enough for them to hurl insults at me and him continually.

Let's see some of these keyboard warriors with their elementary school level insults come up to his face in real life and say that about me. I'm sure these same people praise how tolerant they think they are, and how much they supposedly support women's rights. *roll eyes*

Thank you.

My husband left atheist forums years ago because people constantly insulted him for having a "dumb Christian wife." They didn't even know me, they just assumed I had to be stupid because I was a person of faith. The very fact that I was Christian alone was enough for them to hurl insults at me and him continually.

Let's see some of these keyboard warriors with their elementary school level insults come up to his face in real life and say that about me. I'm sure these same people praise how tolerant they think they are, and how much they supposedly support women's rights. *roll eyes*
I'm really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the internet can sometimes be a very toxic place, and you know for sure that some of the things people are saying online they would not have the guts to say in public, so some people use it as a place to bully others. And you're right, it's often the people that claim to be so tolerant that are actually causing a lot of drama online.

The Dr. Seuss TV specials are better than the book versions. Even the TV exclusive Dr Seuss stories (i.e. Halloween is Grinch Night) is better than the Dr. Seuss books that have no TV adaptation. That wagon sequence in one of these Dr. Seuss stories was very creepy, but it was enjoyable. And let’s not forget that the TV specials have the songs that the books don’t mention (including that famous Grinch song).

Honestly, I have quite a few, but my mind's totally blanking.
Well, one thing was that I didn't think YT Rewind 2018 was that bad. Honestly, I just hopped on the hate bandwagon 'cause I'm scared of the internet.
2019 was... well, it wasn't good.

Edit: Oh, I just remembered (though I'm not sure how unpopular it is), I think saying something is overrated is dumb. Like, it's saying only a set amount of people can like something? I don't get it. If, say, a show has a lot of fans or something, no matter how bad it is, it must have earned the praise somehow.

Last edited:
The Dr. Seuss TV specials are better than the book versions. Even the TV exclusive Dr Seuss stories (i.e. Halloween is Grinch Night) is better than the Dr. Seuss books that have no TV adaptation. That wagon sequence in one of these Dr. Seuss stories was very creepy, but it was enjoyable. And let’s not forget that the TV specials have the songs that the books don’t mention (including that famous Grinch song).
The Jim Carrey Grinch movie is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

The animated special Grinch is just far better.

The Jim Carrey Grinch movie is one of the worst things I've ever seen.

The animated special Grinch is just far better.

I agree. But even the 2000 movie isn’t the worst live-action adaptation of a Dr. Seuss book. However, of the three animated specials involving the Grinch, How the Grinch Stole Christmas would be my least favorite. For the longest time, my favorite of the three is the one with the Cat in the Hat, but nowadays, I prefer Halloween is Grinch Night more.

I decided to revive this topic so you can share what unpopular opinions you have. But I have a few rules set. First, do not share extreme opinions or anything inappropriate. Second, no more political opinions, especially on touchy issues like the gender issues. And of course, avoid starting or participating in arguments.

Here are my unpopular opinions:

1. I do not like Fortnite
2. I think that January and February are among the best months of the year
3. I think Shrek 2 is stupid
4. I like the Star Wars prequels
5. The 7th generation of Pok?mon is my favorite Pok?mon generation

What are your unpopular opinions?

1. Broccoli is perhaps the most delicious vegetable ever, and I could probably eat it daily. I just got home from the grocery store with several packages of frozen broccoli. EXCITED!
2. Basketball is a much more interesting sport than even football, and I hope it overtakes football someday in popularity in the United States.
3. I still prefer CDs to MP3s. I still order CDs. It's still my favorite medium on which to play music.
4. I actually enjoy household chores like laundry and dishes. They're practical, and it's genuinely useful when they're regularly completed and done. I don't view such things as boring or menial. I mean, it's nice to not have your house smelling of stinky laundry and having ants crawl over filthy dishes, y'know?

and audio books.
Yeah I really dislike when people say they "read" the book referring to an audio book. That's not reading, that's listening.
I don't get it personally, I'm not 5 years old, I don't need people reading something to me. I can read myself. It's actually a good way to spend your time.

Yeah I really dislike when people say they "read" the book referring to an audio book. That's not reading, that's listening.
I don't get it personally, I'm not 5 years old, I don't need people reading something to me. I can read myself. It's actually a good way to spend your time.

I agree with you, but I do envy people who always put on an audio book while being active. I just listen to the same songs over and over again, I think using that time to learn something new isn't a lesser experience. The information is still the same.

Asexual should not be part of LGBTQ+.

Big disagree since it’s a lgbtQ+ identity. Thankfully a real unpopular opinion.

Also, gonna list some of mine.

Cancel culture rarely has a genuine effect on famous people. Using them as an example for why it’s toxic is silly.

Most discourse can be self harm. You’re usually showing yourself opinions that hurt or upset you.

The movie Split wasn’t good even from a non ableist standpoint. It’s also harmful to the DID community.

G*psy is a slur. Don’t use it if you aren’t Romani. It isn’t a cute free identity for you to take and carry around.

Gender stereotypes and roles aren’t real and pushing for them as correct is harmful regardless of who you are.

Kin is fine. Cringe culture is toxic.

Also.... chocolate doesn’t taste as great as people say. >: O

Water tastes bad. Bubble water is better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back