• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Use of Motion Controls

SonicHyuga

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
う
ど
In the past games, you have always been limited to seeing one view of your surroundings. What if they were to implement a "look around" feature like they did in Ocarina of Time? This could make use of the slingshot feature, because you could easily look up and shoot down one of those balloons.

Any thoughts on this? With one of the videos showing the camera completely rotating inside the house, do you think this will apply outside as well?

I would actually love to see more 3DS games that utilize the gyroscope function. It seems all these game makers forgot that it was possible to use it =/

I would love to see it utilized in AC:3DS. Being able to shoot stuff down with your slingshot like in OoT would be pretty nice and fun for target practice. In my opinion, it would be fun to have random targets (besides balloons) to shoot at throughout the town. They could be random every day and if you get them all maybe you would win 1000 bells or something. Just a thought.

I'm also curious if we would be able to see the back of our houses with a camera feature like this being useable outside. That could add some more house designing options.

I actually prefer the one view aspect of Animal Crossing. It was cool that you could pan up and see the sky in City Folk and you can turn a bit in your house, but that's enough for me.

@SonicHyuga: I really like your avatar and signature!

I also like this idea. I was thinking of a shooting gallery, similar to OoT's in the City. But you would rack up bells too fast.
...But what if they went the Pokemon route, where you got points, and you could trade in them in for items, clothes, etc, and change every week or months? :O

I suggested this a while back, but was too lazy to make a thread for it, glad someone did!

yes i'd love it if they used this, I'm pretty sure they would

I dont like the shooting gallery idea :\

Last edited:
Maybe not a shooting gallery but I would like to be able to use the slingshot for more than just hitting balloons/ufo/pete.

hopef we'll get a new use for it, but maybe not a shooting gallery, i do like the idea, i'm just not in love with it

yeah, i'm hoping you can click/touch/press something to go into first person view, then use the gyro sensor (that's what it's called yeah?)
it'd be really cool if they put in, and i'm sure if Nintendo had half a brain, then would

I'm also curious if we would be able to see the back of our houses with a camera feature like this being useable outside. That could add some more house designing options.

I'm not too sure on this..

I actually prefer the one view aspect of Animal Crossing. It was cool that you could pan up and see the sky in City Folk and you can turn a bit in your house, but that's enough for me.

I agree.

I also like this idea. I was thinking of a shooting gallery, similar to OoT's in the City. But you would rack up bells too fast.
...But what if they went the Pokemon route, where you got points, and you could trade in them in for items, clothes, etc, and change every week or months? :O

No, I don't like this, sorry.

yeah, i'm hoping you can click/touch/press something to go into first person view, then use the gyro sensor (that's what it's called yeah?)
it'd be really cool if they put in, and i'm sure if Nintendo had half a brain, then would

You mean like the view from your character? Hmm...that could actually work, but I'm not sure. It would be good if they included it though!

yes, being able to view stuff from your characters eyes, it could be used to view fireworks and stuff, i think it'd be really handy

I thought of this recently!! I want to see the ocean!!
That actually seems like a really cool place to implement it. Now that I think about it, a 360 degree view of the ocean (and house) might be really cool, but I still don't like it for your whole town.

Keenan said:
BlueBear said:
b2tf-zoidberg.gif

Idk if this will happen, since the map preview shows the town is only really 2 stories (actually 3, city > town > beach)
but it we had a few stories on the town, you could stand at the top of the town, and have a nice view from your town, able to look at bugs and stuff, might also help when tracking down neighbours for tasks.

I think it could work really well.
If Nintendo do it properly, i think it could be great

Idk if this will happen, since the map preview shows the town is only really 2 stories (actually 3, city > town > beach)
but it we had a few stories on the town, you could stand at the top of the town, and have a nice view from your town, able to look at bugs and stuff, might also help when tracking down neighbours for tasks.

Be good to stand on the cliff in your town and look out into the water at sunset :D

I dont like motion controls at all.

The worst excuse for motion controls was from Killzone 3 Honestly I have to move my arms to turn a valve in the game?!

Back