• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Villager Thread

I don't even think Charmy made it to the GC games in America, so a good majority of people never really got to have her in their town. Wasn't she a e+ exclusive or something?

Charmy is not the only bear that had a character change there's also Rachel which was also an e+ exclusive character but she came back in other games.

HNI_0085.JPG

Honestly Big Sis and Peppy are so similar I don't think anyone will notice her character change.

I like playing the hide and seek game on the island, you get to find heaps of new or old villagers. I sort of wish I knew all the different names from Japanese to English and vice versa as it would make this easier to post who I've found. I can read the Japanese wiki and which is what character type but it never tells me the English name or if they've been in the game before.

HNI_0086.JPG
Peaches
HNI_0087.JPG
Hyouta
HNI_0088.JPG
Cassandra

Does anyone have a good picture of the blue deer, or know his/her name??

Japanese wiki villagers list

Here it is, sorry there's no English version. The google translation will probably not work for a lot of it.

The top lists the villagers by animals, so quick link to each animal villager table.

Then it lists their name, gender, birthday, personality etc...

^The Japanese wiki is made for easy view from mobiles so there is hardly any photos in a lot of their sites.

Marilyn moved into my town yesterday. She's a pink tiger with purple stripes and a snooty type.

HNI_0047.JPG
I think I'll get a picture of her later when she's unpacked all her things.
HNI_0048.JPG
Interestedly as her introduction she mentions her former town. (I think one of my villagers who recently moved in mentioned their former Mayor too!)

I'm not sure if this has transferred over from a street meet or if it was over the internet.

Clueless here - what's the defining characteristic of the "big sis" type?

From what I recall it's basically a girl who really cares a lot. I can't remember. Somebody will come along and answer this better then I could. I think it's like a mix of normal/peppy.

I think the big sis is more like a snooty than a normal type. I have two in my town and they seem to form friendly rivalries with the snooty types.

The way they talk is with a very strong Osaka accent which in English usually gets translated into Southern Gal style talk. I suspect a lot that they will be turned into Southern Belles.

Interestedly the lazy type really seem to like these girls and in my village Anchovy has formed a big crush on Charmy. The big sis type is actually the last to get up, they get up at 11am!

The big sis type sounds underwhelming. Which is a shame, since the males got a really interesting new personality. But then again, I haven't met the big sis type, so they could end up being my favorites.

The big sis type sounds underwhelming. Which is a shame, since the males got a really interesting new personality. But then again, I haven't met the big sis type, so they could end up being my favorites.

What's the new male personality?

I, for one, am not particularly excited about the "smug" type. On the contrary, a Southern belle type would really be the bee's knees.

It's not confirmed that they'll be turned into Southern Belles it's just my assumption from the way they talk. It's almost like the Snooty are New York girls and the Big Sis are Californian girls. They are a lot more relaxed than the uptight snooty. So Nintendo could go a few ways with the girls to get that across. Personally I hope they give them a Southern accent so it spices them up more in the translated version as I do find them a bit boring myself.

The smug type is hilarious. If you play as a girl character they will flirt with you slightly and tell them that in the whole village they would be the best match for you. I caught a flea once off my unicorn Juri and he turned round and told me "Whoa a flea! Guess I should go for that shower after all! Ha, Ha." He was completely unfazed by it.

My beef with the "smug" type is that after having been shown a barrage of new, mustachioed villagers in sweater vests, I feel like the concept has already gotten stale. None of the other personality types manage to look so much like caricatures.

Back