• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

The Villager Thread

You know what I find very interesting about villagers? Even though there are the personality groups, everybody still has their own favorite villager, even though they are essentially carbon copies of each other.

I'm not saying anything bad about this, just so ya'll know. I just think it's interesting.

You know what I find very interesting about villagers? Even though there are the personality groups, everybody still has their own favorite villager, even though they are essentially carbon copies of each other.

I'm not saying anything bad about this, just so ya'll know. I just think it's interesting.

Don't forget about how everyone has their own favorite animals. And then we judge them by appearance. And some people judge by experiences they had with them. Like I freakin hate Pierce not because he's ugly but because I spent 2000 bells on him for some stupid lamp and then he gives me a cardboard box. He's my enemy.

Don't forget about how everyone has their own favorite animals. And then we judge them by appearance. And some people judge by experiences they had with them. Like I freakin hate Pierce not because he's ugly but because I spent 2000 bells on him for some stupid lamp and then he gives me a cardboard box. He's my enemy.

Exactly! I didn't hate Kody at first. Until he followed me to every, single, one of my towns and every time he moved there, he wouldn't leave. I'm not even fond of the jock personality.

But on the inverse, even though I've encountered a ton of normal villagers, Marina is my favorite because she befriended me really fast, and octupi are pretty rare so she feels unique to me.

I think your favorite villager can say a lot about you. I think typically, your favorites going to reflect a lot about your own personality and style. Even though each villager has it's own set personality types, it's their appearances and own unique decorating styles that bring them to life. :)

Exactly! I didn't hate Kody at first. Until he followed me to every, single, one of my towns and every time he moved there, he wouldn't leave. I'm not even fond of the jock personality.

But on the inverse, even though I've encountered a ton of normal villagers, Marina is my favorite because she befriended me really fast, and octupi are pretty rare so she feels unique to me.

Lol, I made Kody gay. So I love him.

tumblr_mdpakghxVg1rlvuyro1_500.jpg

Same story here, Juicebox - Marina and I go way back. She moved in on my second day of playing ACWW, and since all my original three villagers moved away, she's not only my closest friend in WW but my oldest friend, too.

Conversely, there have been villagers that I've held really irrational grudges against. One of my least favorite villagers in ACGC was Cupcake (a snooty purple cub who hasn't made it into any more recent games). I don't really recall why I loathed her so much, but I refused to speak to her for years. Of course, she's still there and I've given up. I treat her just the same as all the other villagers now, but I still have a lingering feeling of distrust toward her, kind of analogous to the feeling you might have toward someone you've just made up with after a vicious argument.

While Cupcake didn't budge, Pudge, on the other hand, picked up and left after a few years of torment at the hands of my brother and I. Looking back, I guess I really had it in for the cubs.

I mean, I do the same thing. I hate the wolves because they all seem like total douches to me. Gwen and Buck are my two favorites because they were my first two WW villagers. I don't remember the other, though it might have been Ruby.

I've actually had villagers that I hated, but ended up loving as well. The one that comes to mind is Twiggy for me, because I didn't like her. Even though I usually love the Peppy villagers, for whatever reason, whenever I talked to her specifically she would say the rudest things the peppy's could say.

But when she moved out, I really missed her. It's weird how attached we get to these imaginary animals. It kind of reminds me of my toys when I was a kid.

I loved Margie the Elephant :) She was so sweet and adorable! I also like all the bird characters a lot! Hopefully I'll get "Mascaras" in the NL version. I also saw a peacock while watching "wiifolderjosh" on youtube. I loved the look of it :)

I loved Margie the Elephant :) She was so sweet and adorable! I also like all the bird characters a lot! Hopefully I'll get "Mascaras" in the NL version. I also saw a peacock while watching "wiifolderjosh" on youtube. I loved the look of it :)

Who is Mascaras? And the peacock is probably Pave. He was in CF. He's not a resident.

The thing with Animal Crossing is even though all the characters are just repeating the same type they have different appearances and objects in their home so you make up different stories about them. As you play the game the story just progresses and one villager having more pit-traps around them than any other, well the stories happen. I love getting caught up in the gossip of who is suppose to be dating who.

HNI_0078.JPG
I got a better picture of Marilyn.
HNI_0099.JPG
She's got some cool heart pattern for her stripes.

I also met a new Smug type who is definitely not moustache macho type. More of a pretty boy.
HNI_0095.JPG
Anthony has blond hair and tail, with big beautiful blue eyes. (So Anthony and Cleo pairings is a must find! I'd love to see the two of them in my village.)
HNI_0091.JPG

The thing with Animal Crossing is even though all the characters are just repeating the same type they have different appearances and objects in their home so you make up different stories about them. As you play the game the story just progresses and one villager having more pit-traps around them than any other, well the stories happen. I love getting caught up in the gossip of who is suppose to be dating who.

View attachment 2617
I got a better picture of Marilyn.
View attachment 2618
She's got some cool heart pattern for her stripes.

I also met a new Smug type who is definitely not moustache macho type. More of a pretty boy.
View attachment 2619
Anthony has blond hair and tail, with big beautiful blue eyes. (So Anthony and Cleo pairings is a must find! I'd love to see the two of them in my village.)
View attachment 2620

I sometimes right bio's for my villagers.
#Nolife

Also, I don't think Cleo is in this game :/

I loved Margie! She was one of the few villagers who I remember where her house was.

I've actually had villagers that I hated, but ended up loving as well. The one that comes to mind is Twiggy for me, because I didn't like her. Even though I usually love the Peppy villagers, for whatever reason, whenever I talked to her specifically she would say the rudest things the peppy's could say.

But when she moved out, I really missed her. It's weird how attached we get to these imaginary animals. It kind of reminds me of my toys when I was a kid.

It does. It's one of the reasons I love Animal Crossing.

I had a new camper yesterday, the smug character Beard.

HNI_0014.JPG

HNI_0013.JPG

He does look like he's stepped out of a Bear version of Victoria London.

Back