• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Theories

JabuJabule

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Island
Petalwood
Mother's Day Carnation
White Pansy
Post any theory you have concerning AC 3DS!

I think the the whole game takes place on an island. In the beginning, a bunch of people are on some kind of a boat, and a storm happens. The boat crashes, and animals and the main character are on the island. The animals don't know the person, so they ask for his name.
As the island is new, they ask the main character to decide a name for it. With him being the only human, they decide to make him the main authority of the island. (The AC 3DS E3 2011 trailer had island-like music...)
With the help of the NOW INTERACTIVE animals, they all help the main character make a civilization of the island.

Good theory? :p

I think the the whole game takes place on an island. In the beginning, a bunch of people are on some kind of a boat, and a storm happens. The boat crashes, and animals and the main character are on the island. The animals don't know the person, so they ask for his name.
As the island is new, they ask the main character to decide a name for it. With him being the only human, they decide to make him the main authority of the island. (The AC 3DS E3 2011 trailer had island-like music...)
With the help of the NOW INTERACTIVE animals, they all help the main character make a civilization of the island.

Maayybbbeee.....

awx6vc.gif

Maybe, but I doubt it. Cool story though.

No, I think it would be like the previous, except slightly different with the whole mayor situation.

There will be no fishing in this game.

First, none of the trailers included a picture or video content containing fish. Secondly, there is already an AR game that includes fishing that is just like fishing in Animal Crossing. Thirdly, swimming would scare fish naturally so it doesn't make sense for it to be there.

Yeah, but if they get rid of fishing, they screwed up.

Thank you, everyone :D

And they won't get rid of fishing. What about the museum, income?
It's been in every AC game, and they will never get rid of it.

Guys, that's like saying that just because Nintendo didn't show any Single Player footage from NSMBWii, the game will only have multiplayer.

Guys, that's like saying that just because Nintendo didn't show any Single Player footage from NSMBWii, the game will only have multiplayer.

Exactly, and that would never happen. Fishing will be in it, I don't know why people are saying it wont.

Ok, really? You can't just make a blank statement like that and have no support. My theory makes a lot of sense when you read the evidence. Just because people enjoyed fishing and it added fun to the game doesn't mean it should be on the 3DS a second time with AR games. Also, Nintendo posted pictures proving there will be bug catching and gardening, but NOT fishing. That sounds very suspicious.

@Internetakias- Miyamoto (not sure about spelliing) already made a statement on multi-player, so find a better example.

Ok, really? You can't just make a blank statement like that and have no support. My theory makes a lot of sense when you read the evidence. Just because people enjoyed fishing and it added fun to the game doesn't mean it should be on the 3DS a second time with AR games. Also, Nintendo posted pictures proving there will be bug catching and gardening, but NOT fishing. That sounds very suspicious.

@Internetakias- Miyamoto (not sure about spelliing) already made a statement on multi-player, so find a better example.
But the AR fishing is diffrent than AC fishing, and that's like saying just because the Wii Photo channel has a drawing program, no painting game will be released.

I must say this theory is quite plausible.

My theory is that when you arive at the town there is an emergency election going on, and no one votes for Tortimer, and he is the only candidate, so Pelly pushes you to the platform, and without knowing it you become the town's new mayor. Also, I think you'll be able to request Tortimer to return to his mayor position, so you'll be able to enjoy the life of a normal villages, you can always ask Tortimer to step off from his position, so you can become the mayor again though.
And another one of my theories is that you will be able to go camping to other towns (not wifi towns) which only have Animal villagers, if you want you can permanently move to that town if you like its layout.

Errr...quite interesting, but that wouldn't really be common for an Animal Crossing game...

Maybe you catch fish with your hand or there will be swimming competitions or you can dive for treasures.

Back