December Birthstone (Turquoise)
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Kaleidoclover
Famous Mushroom
April Birthstone (Diamond)
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Cake
Cake
I just saw this person's post on reddit saying all possible default maps.. but I just dont really believe it..

Post automatically merged:

Update this is

" Over the span of 10-ish hours that I decided to screen shot, I found 95 different river layouts. That does not include the variations that each layout can spawn; Such as, Airport location, Rock formations, Peninsula types, Pier locations etc."

With all these combinations how many maps could there be I think I heard a really big number one time but I dont remember

Last edited:
well with terraforming it's mostly just the river placements that can't be adjusted, so it's okay?

I think it says that it's all of the default river maps. Stuff like the rocks on the beach and the location of the secret beach and stuff seems to still vary even on two maps with the same original rivers.

My maps not on there.... not the rivers ethier a similar one though regarding rivers only..

Last edited:
I think you're right there are definitely more, they focused their research on the river formations.

I definitely feel like I don't see my original map, just based on the peninsulas, rock formations, and other features you can't change! I think this must just be river and airport placement options, but the beaches and other elements must vary! Who knows!

It's really so random!!!! I honestly dont know if I've seen the same map twice...............with everything the same.

One thing I wish I had in mind while picking my layout is that the only thing that matters is the plaza, airport, and river entrances

Now my plaza is right in front of my airport and it kind of sucks

Mine isn't there either. My river goes south on both ends and there is an island in the middle(i did not make the island it came that way.) I have 2 waterfalls, the first coming down from a pool in the right side highest cliff and flowing left to meet the big waterfall that runs into the lowest part pf the river. The only terraforming I've done on the river is slightly reshape the pool at the very top and added two jump spots to access the island from the riverbank(i added 1 bridge there as well).

Basing off of river formation alone, I actually saw my map. It's the third one in the west formation.
Though as others said, the rock formations and other stuff do seem random. Redd's area and the airport in my island is different from their picture.

I feel 95 is a good number of river variations :0

I think that’s a reasonable number of base maps, which includes a set combination of river layout and RS placement. All other features can vary, though they do follow some rules.

My map isn't on that list so I can confirm that there are probably more maps than what that post shows.

edit: I found a similar river formation but the rocks, beach, peninsulas, and secret beach is different.

My map:
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.58.15 PM.png

Most similar map from the link:
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 7.54.35 PM.png

Last edited:
My original map is on that list - West river, third column top. It's exact down to the exact river shape, land formations, placement of the one pond and RS location. The beach, rocks, peninsula and airport location are all different though.

I think these maps only show all the possible "inner layouts".

Number of map options confirmed by the official guidebook:
There are three main Island types [they mean East, West, or the double South river exits] and around 30 possible variations for each

The only features “set” for each of those maps is the rivers, ponds and RS placement—all other features, like the peninsula, rocks, dock, secret beach etc. get randomized. Some of these (their placement specifically) depends on the Island type. Example: the secret beach can be in one of six spots, but only three of those are possibly for each type.

The only features “set” for each of those maps is the rivers, ponds and RS placement—all other features, like the peninsula, rocks, dock, secret beach etc. get randomized. Some of these (their placement specifically) depends on the Island type. Example: the secret beach can be in one of six spots, but only three of those are possibly for each type.

Interesting. What are the island types? Do you mean the river placement?

Never mind, I see you do mean the river type.... :giggle:

I see my map on the third row in the middle at the east river image. However, the placement of the peninsula and the small beach where Redd docks is completely different. I find that interesting because despite having the same layout, the peninsula and the small beach will still be different. To describe what mine is like, my secret beach is located closer to the third level of the island while my peninsula is located near the rock formation southeast.

On a side note, the island looks like it has a face now that I look at it more closely.

Well that's good to know about the rivers outlets.. any information is great.. and I see that there are "Example: the secret beach can be in one of six spots, but only three of those are possibly for each type."?? But still everything is so random... How many spots for the airport the peninsula and residential services?? As well as everything else regarding fruit and color of airport... we know about native flowers atleast yet those are still random as well.... .... this is why I dont want to reset... but I do...

Post automatically merged:

Why only 3 possible for each type??

Last edited:
I think I can answer some of those questions.

RS: its location is always tied to the “base map”. The base maps are those 95 maps in your link. Each of those maps has three features tied to it: rivers, ponds and RS placement. Every map with the same river and pond setup will have RS in the same spot as well.

Airport: can be in 2 different positions per base map. Obviously always in the starting area, but either more right or more left.

Peninsula: as far I’ve seen, there’s 6 options. Top, middle or bottom of the map on either side. Both sides (east or west) are possible on any base map.

Why only 3 possible for each type??

This is based purely on what I’ve seen, but it does hold true for all 90+ maps as far as I can tell:

The five positions for the secret beach are far left, center-left, center, center-right and far right.

For maps that have an Eastern river outlet, the only options for the beach are far left, left-center and center. For maps with a Western outlet it’s the opposite, so only far right, right-center and center. If a map has two southern river outlets, the beach can be center, left-center and right-center.

Basically, with river outlets off to either side your beach will be toward the opposite side of the map, while double southern outlet maps keep the beach more centered.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure on how many different maps there are, but at least with the terraforming you can make it however you want. Wish there was a river outlet editor option though!

Back