• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Time Travel Poll

Have you used Time Travel?

• Total voters
I did TT when I played NL for the very first time.

It became boring and my character decided that falling over was fun, so I restarted my game and played like it should be played. Without TTing.

I'm a little impatient for things like shop upgrades, so I do get a little jealous of the time-travelers when I see that they have things like the Cafe and Shampoodle already. :p But I know that I'll get those things in time, and otherwise I feel fine about the day-by-day pace. I find that there's enough stuff to do be doing at any time in AC:NL, so I don't feel like going to the next day in order to keep playing is necessary (for me). There's still lots of underwater creatures I need to catch, money to make, neighbors to talk to, letters to write, gardens to arrange, etc. But yeah, I don't care if others choose to time travel, I think it's fine! I did it quite a bit in Wild World in order to save my flowers; if I hadn't played in a while, I'd set the date to the last date I played (so that everything would be where I left it) and then catch up through time travel. But with the Beautiful Town Ordinance in New Leaf, I don't have to go through that anymore.

I have, but not for the traditional reasons. Despite my great impatience for getting the hairstyle I want and K.K. songs, I have waited that out. The only time-traveling I have done was for my schedule. I work full-time, and I work nights. When I first got the game, I had the clock synced with real-time, but I quickly realized that wasn't going to work out for me... I don't want to have to mess up my schedule and loose sleep just so I can play the game. So I set it to where when it's 7AM in the real world, it's 7PM in my game. I also time-traveled to get to experience the bug tournament (which I worked during the time it was run), but other than that I have kept myself under control.

I've TT'ed once, but only because I really, really couldn't wait for my Dream Suite to be finished.

I used to time travel in the GameCube version but haven't since. For me it takes away from the awesome experience this game create. With that said, I don't mind if others do it. Everyone plays AC differently and that's what makes the game great.

I did travel one day forward on New Leaf because I was bored and wanted to unlock the island and then set it back to the correct date. When I time travel it's usually only a a few days backwards and forwards, I don't really intend to time travel much because I like having stuff to look forward to, but I will do as I see fit. I remember on the gamecube version I would do it because I was impatient for my town to fill up with villagers. Anyway, it doesn't bother me how other people choose to play.

Everyone travels to unlock something, but I did time travel the very first time playing NL to pay my house faster and everything.

Then my character started falling over constantly and I decided not to time travel again, even when unlocking something. TTing takes out the fun of the game, but if you want to TT, it's your own decission.

I remember when i played Wild World when it first came out and i was 6/7 that i always time traveled to get everything quicker, and restarted my game hundreds of time, just because when i had spent a lot of time on the game, i always either lost the game, or one time, it broke because of of my young gullible self. I put the game in water, because supposedly, that was the way to fix it. Now i know not to trust everything my cousin says xD

I think the reason i restarted so many times in wild world, was because i time traveled, and got bored easily.

But now... I have two Animal Crossing New Leaf games, My main game, which got on the 14th of June, and a second i got for free with the so many games offer 2 days ago. I have not time traveled in either.

I know that my main game, i will not time travel. But who knows? I may want to time travel in the second one, just to see what it's like, and if i don't enjoy it? I have the option to start again. They're my games, and i can do what i like with them, this is the same for everyone who plays. I have no problem with Time-Travelers, do not consider them cheaters, and most certainly wouldn't mind connecting with them. Just because they have different preferences in games, does not mean they are a bad person, or someone who deserves to be treated differently.

I'm personally just happy that this forum is such a nice place to be, and makes playing the game even better! :)

I haven't TT'd and don't plan to either. Like others have said, it defeats the point of the game. I look forward to seasonal events like Halloween and Christmas and will let them occur when they should.

Everyone travels to unlock something, but I did time travel the very first time playing NL to pay my house faster and everything.

Then my character started falling over constantly and I decided not to time travel again, even when unlocking something. TTing takes out the fun of the game, but if you want to TT, it's your own decission.

Not everyone!

While I time traveled a lot in Wild World, I told myself I wouldn't do it in New Leaf. I kind of already broke that rule because I got my game last night when I got home from a concert and it was almost 11 PM, so I set the clock back a few hours so that I could play and be able to sell stuff and shop and everything on the first day, then I set it back to the right time and went to bed.

I don't really count it as time traveling because I didn't gain anything more from it other than a few hours of playtime I could have had if I hadn't been out all day.

tumblr_ltvyi9DXGo1qjokxe.gif

I did it in every game prior to this one, and that is the sole reason I got bored with the game so quickly. I'm not doing it this time.

I've cheated in the past in Wild World, but I found it took the fun out of the game and the accomplishments weren't as rewarding. Since then I've avoided any time traveling.

I time traveled to unlock the shops like Kicks and Shampoodle. Now that I have, I won't anymore. At least in my playing experience, I never felt that time traveling was taking away the charm of the game. I know it's not how the game was intentionally made, but it's not like I feel cheated. I don't time travel to experience holidays, or to upgrade my house, or anything. However, the most important aspect of Animal Crossing to me is to play how you want to play, so if that involves time traveling, so be it. If you refuse to time travel, good for you, because that means you are hell of a lot more patient than I am.

In ACWW I did, but that was when I was younger and impatient. :p Now though, with ACNL I definitely will not be time travelling, as mentioned previously above, it defeats the purpose of the game... and I could not agree more. ^^

Back