• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Time Travelling & Beautiful Towns

jesughs

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I was lurking around the Animal Crossing wiki and found this:

Untitled.jpg

Did you get that?

1Untitled.png

Time travelling won't affect the appearance of your town if it chooses the beautiful town ordinance! :D

What are your feelings about this information?

Note: If somebody who has New Leaf could confirm this statement that would be great.

I am half tempted to do it. I should make it winter when it is really summer. Than people come and visit my village and will be like whatttttt? Plus I get t make snowmen! I think I could pick beautiful first to try and get perfect town. I never did this. Than I might do Night town or whatever it is called.

It'll never affect me since I don't time travel... but I don't like this.

I feel like if people are going to time travel there should be some kind of "punishment" (and I use the term loosely) for it. If a person travels through time in most media, the world they're in treats it as if they vanished for all the time between when they started and where they ended up. They weren't there to make decisions or do things, so time moved on naturally without them. The player isn't around to pick the weeds and keep the town clean, so when they jump to the future, the town will act as if no one was there to pull the weeds. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Without it, it seems like more people will abuse time traveling since they know they wont have any weedy repercussions. I never time travel, but knowing this, I might just use it so I can travel back if I miss a holiday with an item I really wanted.

It'll never affect me since I don't time travel... but I don't like this.

I feel like if people are going to time travel there should be some kind of "punishment" (and I use the term loosely) for it. If a person travels through time in most media, the world they're in treats it as if they vanished for all the time between when they started and where they ended up. They weren't there to make decisions or do things, so time moved on naturally without them. The player isn't around to pick the weeds and keep the town clean, so when they jump to the future, the town will act as if no one was there to pull the weeds. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Without it, it seems like more people will abuse time traveling since they know they wont have any weedy repercussions. I never time travel, but knowing this, I might just use it so I can travel back if I miss a holiday with an item I really wanted.

I believe that in WW, if you time traveled, your turnip prices would always be lower. I'm not sure. Is this the kind of punishment you are talking about?

The big problem with a Beautiful Town will be more apparent when Grass Day comes around. Since you won't have a lot of weeds, anyone who chose this town law will probably either get only one item from Flower Series out of many you could possibly get, or none at all.

By the way, Liquefy told us that you actually need to let weeds grow up if you want to snag them. Unless you time travel a few years ahead (without Beautiful Town law in place) to spawn a lot of weeds or visit a town with weeds everywhere, it's practically impossible to get everything from the Flower Series in a single event.

Last edited:
I believe that in WW, if you time traveled, your turnip prices would always be lower. I'm not sure. Is this the kind of punishment you are talking about?

Well that technically is an actual punishment that causes negative consequences.

I was just talking about a more realistic type of effect on the world physically. I always kind of liked how 'realistic' it was that since you weren't around to pick the weeds, when you arrive in the future your town is pretty much soaked in them. xD

Though if something like that is in New Leaf, I may be able to look past the loss of my favorite little quirk. It'd still prevent a lot of people from time traveling if they knew that doing it would have some sort of repercussions on their game file. I just would hate for that to be something super serious like "Time traveling? lol no more Bell storage system for you!" that would be too harsh. o.o;

I think I'm rambling again.

Joan also wouldn't sell red turnips for a few Sundays. But Red Turnips are out now...

The only thing that I find appealing about the beautiful town law is that your neighbours water and plant more flowers. I kind of enjoy pulling out weeds :p

The only thing that I find appealing about the beautiful town law is that your neighbours water and plant more flowers. I kind of enjoy pulling out weeds :p

But you're Gandalf. Won't you hurt your back?

Now ontopic: I am in doubt. I want to choose the beautiful town law, because it just seems easier to get a perfect town, that's something that is still on my bucket list. I've never had a perfect town. But I don't Time Travel, I find it disrespectful to the game. Not that the game has any feelings, but I find that Animal Crossing is one of the only season-changing games. Which I've always loved in this game. My other option is the Night Owl- town law, as I'm not able to play due school during the day..

But, I'm going by most schools I think, your school will let off for summer holiday close to release? Then you'll have all day and can get perfect town!

But, I'm going by most schools I think, your school will let off for summer holiday close to release? Then you'll have all day and can get perfect town!

Well yes, you're quite right. After the summer holiday I'll just have to set it to Night Town then. :)

Time traveling aside, it's also nice if you don't play for a very long time. Like maybe you don't play for a few months. That is pretty much the same as "time traveling" except you're actually going through the time. The game doesn't know that though.

Oh wow, you're right Schim! I didn't think about that! I changed my mind. I love this idea. xD

Now I wont be scared to return to my town if I miss it for a few days! The weeds are always a nightmare to me. ._.

Oh wow, you're right Schim! I didn't think about that! I changed my mind. I love this idea. xD

Now I wont be scared to return to my town if I miss it for a few days! The weeds are always a nightmare to me. ._.

And if you have a different town ordnance or whatever the English version calls it, you can just change it to beautiful town before you know you won't play for a while.

Yeah, that's true. Though I can't foresee that ever being a big issue for me. With a handheld system like the 3DS it's more difficult for me to say I won't be able to play it because I'll have it with me all the time!

Time traveling aside, it's also nice if you don't play for a very long time. Like maybe you don't play for a few months. That is pretty much the same as "time traveling" except you're actually going through the time. The game doesn't know that though.

Haha, the thought of actually not playing AC:NL never occurred to me.

Does time travelling include leaving your town for like a month or so? Because once I decided to take a break from this game like 12 years later, I could change it to beautiful and all my flowers will stay.

Back