• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Time Travelling & Beautiful Towns

Time traveling ruins the whole game. I feel like I'm in the game when everything is supposed to be. When I cheat, it gets boring and I don't feel like i'm in the game.

I agree, time travelling does make it seem like I'm cheating the game. I most likely will not be time travelling in New Leaf, however I find this feature very useful because often times I do go on Animal Crossing hiatuses. Most likely I will use this town ordinance during Summer Vacation and the late night or early morning ordinance while I am attending school.

I've planned to do beautiful town from the start! In the entire game one of my favorite activities has always been gardening!

Plus, I hate watering flowers and picking weeds XD That part of gardening I don't like.

I don't plan on time traveling, but if you do I respect that. This almost seems like Nintendo giving a nod to time-travelers.

Well it's a wiki and it's wrong
- villagers will water plants

They still water them even if you dont have a Btfl. town, they're just more likely to do it..

I dunno, that looks a bit like a wiki rumor to me. I mean, I believe it's more wishful thinking than anything else. Like maybe someone posted it and waited for someone to say it's wrong...

I dunno, that looks a bit like a wiki rumor to me. I mean, I believe it's more wishful thinking than anything else. Like maybe someone posted it and waited for someone to say it's wrong...

No Time Travel barely effects the towns environment when you have a beautiful town

I'm going to choose beautiful town only cause i want heaps and heaps of flowers but I don't want them to die if I forget to water some. :)

What's the point of time travel in Animal Crossing? Enjoy the game! One day at a time!
That's the ticket! Why hurry the game?:D

What's the point of time travel in Animal Crossing? Enjoy the game! One day at a time!
That's the ticket! Why hurry the game?:D

Because some people can't play every day, especially on holidays.
That's the point of the date adjustment, along with fixing time changes if you move.

There isn't anything wrong with time traveling. In fact, time traveling is just a term that the AC community came up with, it's not legitimately a thing.
If the beautiful towns option prevents date adjustment from messing up your town, then I'm all for it. You shouldn't be punished for wanting to play a game how you want to play it.

In CF if you time traveled... the Otter in the city square wouldn't show up until you'd played a genuine 7 days straight. No balloons for you!!! I'm actually the type of person who IS tempted to time travel, I did a lot in WW many years ago, and a little in CF until I learned I couldn't get balloons... Oh! And Gracie Grace wouldn't show up either. I'll be setting my town to the nightowl ordinance at first to keep myself from time traveling (if I do my flowers will die, weeds, etc) but once I've got a well established town and too many flowers to water each every day I'll go to beautiful.

If Nintendo is trying to make "time traveling" punishment-free its going to take a lot more for me. The past animal crossing games have ingrained it into me not to mess with time or reset or ill have to pay the price.

When I was younger I adjusted the games a few hours ahead, so the shops would be open before I had to go to school. Only time traveling I ever did.

I only time traveled in AC when I was bored with it and wanted to catch all the fish/bugs. I can't imagine I'll be bored with NL for a gooooood while, so it'll be way off for me (assuming I don't play diligently for an entire year and have no need to time travel).

But beautiful town seems like the only good option to me. I'll enjoy it :3

I never thought weeds were that big a punishment in Population Growing, which was the only game I ever thought about time traveling in. Once wild world came around and that dang rafflesia existed weeds became a much bigger threat in my eyes. xD

To be honest the weed design always looked a little cute to me and gave a little more detail into the ground around them. I'm weird.

I time travel before in the past but this I taking it slowly to pull the bells first and all that others stuff before I go crazy. Because I never got the perfect town. So that I'm going to play now.

Last edited:
I time travel a little, but never anything big. I mostly time travel a couple hours whenever I'm forced to have an animal visit my house since they always insist that you have to do it way in the future, and I don't always have time to play for hours upon hours every day.
I also used to time travel whenever my house got upgraded, because I was too impatient to wait for my house to get bigger, but I don't do that anymore.

I hate weeds though. My hatred of weeds is enough to stop me from time-traveling.

Back