• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Time Travelling & Beautiful Towns

I usually time travel one day at a time because I'm so impatient xD I think I'll try to make a better effort to not do that this time, though.
The beautiful town ordinance appeals to me anyway because I'm going to Europe for a month this summer and I don't know if I'll have much time to play :c
I started up WW last night and I hadn't played in a couple years so I spent over an hour cleaning up weeds - I don't want to have to go through that much weed picking ever again.

It'll never affect me since I don't time travel... but I don't like this.

I feel like if people are going to time travel there should be some kind of "punishment" (and I use the term loosely) for it. If a person travels through time in most media, the world they're in treats it as if they vanished for all the time between when they started and where they ended up. They weren't there to make decisions or do things, so time moved on naturally without them. The player isn't around to pick the weeds and keep the town clean, so when they jump to the future, the town will act as if no one was there to pull the weeds. That's what makes the most sense to me.

Without it, it seems like more people will abuse time traveling since they know they wont have any weedy repercussions. I never time travel, but knowing this, I might just use it so I can travel back if I miss a holiday with an item I really wanted.

There kinda is a punishment. Your community projects that need funding will go away if you go multiple days without paying out some-kind of money

i said i never would but i have traveled a couple of times now.. not long though usually just the next day or to night so i can catch bugs during the day at the island.. just play the way you want its your game. :)

I used to in WW but since it has it like "7 days after playing you unlock ???" I dont want to TT and just play it normal. When i've unlocked things and the game is old im probably do it. >w<

Doesn't bamboo spread and grow if left unhindered (by patterns, flowers, etc.) for long periods of time?

If this disaster is possible, the only thing that prevents your whole town from being engulfed by bamboo is the river that divides your town.

Yes it duplicates but it doesn't produce like 5,000 sprouts a day...

From what I've seen it spreads very slowly (ie; one every few days) - all you have to do it dig it up to remove it

Yes it duplicates but it doesn't produce like 5,000 sprouts a day...

From what I've seen it spreads very slowly (ie; one every few days) - all you have to do it dig it up to remove it

So even if you have lots of fully grown bamboo, only one sprout can appear nearby every few days? Hmm...

But even at that slow pace, can it be a problem over the course of years? (e.g. time traveling over the course of 12 years for the Chinese Zodiac figures)

Someone would have to be willing to try it I guess.

I'm pretty sure that it'll only have a chance of spreading if you play everyday as you TT. The same way flowers work. So skipping just adding a year to the date will only affect your town as though 1 day has passed. (excepting villagers feeling ignored and usual TTing penalties)
Though it would be awesome if you could just skip ahead a year and the town suddenly getting wall to wall flowers, seeing as that's my aim anyway.

Also I totally imagined your duplicate post had planted a seed and grew another post next to itself. xP

I'm imagining a movie called Bamboo Apocalypse.

It would be like Planet of the Apes, but with bamboo being our overlords.

You should see my town. The bamboo is getting out of hand. Worst of all, I'm too lazy to cut it down

Time Travelling? Perfect Towns that stay the same? Bamboo Apocalypse? Sounds like an odd episode of Doctor Who.

What if you time traveled and the bamboo took over so bad... that when you started the game you came out of your house you only had 1 tile to stand on that wasn't bamboo. And then you remember... you left your axe on the beach last save to make room for that shark you caught.

You've been... bamboozled.

What if you time traveled and the bamboo took over so bad... that when you started the game you came out of your house you only had 1 tile to stand on that wasn't bamboo. And then you remember... you left your axe on the beach last save to make room for that shark you caught.
You've been... bamboozled.

I'm not sure if Bamboo spreads while time traveling due to the process it takes. How ever it is possible under certain circumstances.

1. Bamboo cannot spread accost the lake or bridges. So you would be fine if you plant it on the second land.
2. Bamboo needs one square of space to grow. Bamboo will not grow next to the edge of land, it won't grow next to houses, buildings rocks, etc. Bamboo is exempt from that list though.

I may be wrong about that last statement. Let me get on my game and check

Back