• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

To what extent are you playing vanilla?

This. I'll only reset if I get terrible layouts.
I may reset until I get Pecan.. I had a crush on her in WW :3

I will definitely bee using a face guide, but will reset if i get cherries.
I might reset to get the perfect map.

I'm only resetting to get my face (Which I always get ;)), peaches and circle grass. The rest I could care less about (I hope I get Shep, though!). The map will obviously be chosen, though.

I mean, you should be 100% happy with the town you will have for a long time, right? :)

From what I've seen on Nintendo's Inside the Treehouse videos, you don't have to reset. If you don't like the layout you're given, you can choose to see other ones. And I found a face guide, if anyone's interested. I'm new here and have to check the policy on posting links before putting it up.
(UPDATE: LOL, sorry, guys! I'm such a NOOB. ^_^ Looks like it's already been posted by Superpenguin in another ACNL thread. Thanks to Justin for helping me figure that out.)

Last edited:
I will be playing completely vanilla. All these guides and constant resets really take away a lot of the charm the game offers.

If I get circle grass, pears, oranges, or all of the available town layouts are ****ty (things too far apart, horizontal slope to the ocean, too many rivers, etc) then I will reset

I will happily use guides and time traveling, but don't intend to reset. I'll accept whichever of the 4 town choices is the best, set my clock back a month to May 9th, and speed my way to the launch date in order to catch some of the May/Spring bugs and fish, and get my foreign fruit orchards in place. Once the play clock catches up to real time, then I'll only do occasional time slips if I miss a certain ideal time to play.

I will for sure be using a face guide. I will probably end up using one of the 4 town layouts given to me the first time. I might reset if I don't get cherries or peaches as a town fruit, and I will NEVER time travel.

Only using a face guide. Only resetting if all the town layouts are hideous. I am not gonna be too picky though, because it is better to have this game and a crappy map than not have it at all. In other words, I will just be very thankful to have this game when I finally have it and am starting my town up.

Not at all :p if there's something, anything!, off about my town, I just know it'll bug me forever

I'm buying the Prima guide to use as a checklist for my catalog and museum. Other than that, things will turn out the way they turn out :p

Face guide is required for this. I'd hate to have a face I don't like and have everything else the way I want it.
Having said that, I'd want a good town layout and cherries as my town fruit. I just love the way they look in their delicious form.
As for grass... I'd love to have the winter stars, but I can do without. I probably wouldn't even mind having the horrible shade of red train station either as long as the layout is good and I have cherries! Those are the two main things right now I'm after.

Back