• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

To what extent are you playing vanilla?

If my free game code doesn't come on or before midnight June 14th. Then I'll reset once as I change from cartridge to digital.

I'm pretty sure you are able to transfer your save data from the cartridge to the digital version. There is a tool to do it somewhere on the eshop.

Well if having a guide means I'm not playing Vanilla, then I guess I'm not. I still feel like I am though.

I know the face I want, I'm not too overly fussed about the town map (I have quiet a few I'd be happy with) - but I'll be resetting for a nice town map with either pears, cherries or peaches.

im going to go crazy trying to get the right town map im using face guide ive got QR codes at the ready the only thing im not doing is time travel ive done it in past games and this time i think i wont be the doctor of animal crossing

I'm not extremely fussy, but I will use the face guide, because I want a face I like!
However the map is fine as long as things aren't too inconvenient, too scrunched, or too apart! I'd like a nice balanced map! As for fruit, I'd be okay with anything except pears... but as long as I get a map I like I'll be okay! I hope I get peaches because they are really cute! But the perfect apples are so cool too!! I wish I could find pictures of the other perfect fruits! I've only seen peaches, oranges, and apples...

Using a face guide and I'm resetting for Fruit, Map, and villagers I hate lmao. If i get coco I will flip ****.

I'll be using a face guide for sure. Might pick up a prima guide if the store I buy my XL bundle at sells one.
As far as resetting goes, I just want a handy town map and no oranges as my native fruit, haha.

I'm not sure i'll be resetting so much for layout, but I'll definitely be trying to reset for Bob, or maybe one of the deer characters ^^
I'll definitely use a face guide, there's only a couple faces i really like. Hopefully I can find a nice person with the JP version to help me out with the bow hairstyle wig! (Or even the english version!)
SO glad there's such a good, welcoming and friendly community on this and tumblr ; u ;

I am using a face guide. My wild world character had pink hair in bunches and i hated it, but never reset it, so I was stuck with it (can't connect to wep so can't get hairdressers). So i want to make sure my character looks good.
As for town layout, i think I'll probably just accept what they give me :)

As long as the town tree is in the centre and neighbours don't move in front, i'm fine.
I don't care if my town flows from the left or the right.

As long as the town tree is in the centre and neighbours don't move in front, i'm fine.
I don't care if my town flows from the left or the right.

I really want a central town tree as well. It seems like a nice kind of place for where you would want all of your dirt or pattern paths to meet up.

I might reset for maps if I really dislike all four options and I will be using a face guide. I don't want to spend all my day resetting when I could be having fun playing the game! Plus, I just don't care much for the native fruit and train station/town hall color and such.

Well, I'll reset only if all 4 towns are bad, or if I get a horrendously bad colour roof for either the town hall or train station. Since I'll be stuck with it forever, I aswell want it to look perfect ;]

Yeah, I'll use a face guide, but I'm flexible on that face, it's mainly the eyes that bother me, also villagers I don't mind about.

Can someone explain why it matters if the shop is far from the dock, is it just because it takes ages to get there to sell or something?

I will use a face guide and I may re set if I hate the layout but apparentally we get to choose from one of 4 layouts (right?) in the beginning so I probably wont have to do that much. I dont care about the native fruit or villagers so much, ill probably be moving a lot of trees in the beginning anyways and replacing the native fruits with foreign ones. I will probably time travel the first day if I have to unlock the hair stylist, or I may do it to get bed head since thats my favorite hairstyle anyway. After that I will probably play mostly vanilla, time traveling very occasionally and not for more than a day at a time. I will use a guide for the checklists and holidays since I havent been looking up much about the game on the internet.

For my map, the main beach has to be on the right side. I don't care what fruit I get as long as I don't get peaches. I don't care at all about what grass pattern and villagers I get.

Playing Vanilla? What?

I don't intend on resetting.

The usual way I'm familiar with Vanilla is when you play a PC game without any mods. It's called a Vanilla game....basically without any outside influences/modifications to the experience.

i'll use le face guide...
and until hacks come out, i will be playing vanilla.
-Like cool hacks... For example lightsabers from ACCF-

Back