• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Tom Nook's store name change!

MisterM

The Hash Slinging Slasher
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
I saw on www.acnewleaf.com that Nook's Cranny is becoming Nookling's Junction! That is what it said, right? Cuz if it did, then I don't like the name change! Now if they were changing it to Nook's Junction, that would make a little more sense. But, why would they even change it in the first place? It's been Nook's Cranny for the past 3 Animal Crossing games! I guess it's not a very big deal though. I mean, you can still upgrade his store, right?

It was probably changed because Tom Nook isn't running it anymore and it's the younger "Nooklings" who run it. :)

Tom runs a different shop now.

He sells house items instead of furniture. So you go to him when you want to buy pieces for your house, like doors and different roofing.

Oh cool. At least they didn't get rid of him. What about Able Sisters? Do they still have that?

Speaking of the Abel Sisters, does Labelle work with them from the start or is that something that gets added onto the store later on?

Yay! She's my favorite of the three of them. Plus I like accessories a little more than I like buying clothes. Especially since I want to make more clothing patterns to wear than just regular clothes I'd want to buy.

This is kind of old news. You can tell by the blog post date. Nook works in his own real-estate shop now while Timmy and Tommy (NOT his nephews! He stated in WW that they were only employees) run the general store. It's called Nookling's Junction cause a Junction is a term for a split in something and the shop is also located near a junction in a walking path. Also, towns used to pop up next to railroad stations and junctions all the time, which could also have lead to the name.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there's still gonna be slingshots and balloons that you can
shoot down to get something?

Nice! I always loved the way you could shoot down the presents, you could shoot the mail man, you could shoot down UFOs, and you could get the gold slingshot. That was awesome.

Apparently there's a way to knock some balloons down with your net as well. (At least that's what I read.)

That's pretty cool if it's true!

I also saw in the trailer in the Nintendo 3Ds eShop, there was a cherry with what appeared to be a golden color to it. What're those?

I'm glad the balloons are shown floating like in they are in City Folk rather than in Wild World where you'd have to run all the way up to the top of the town to shoot them down. That was really annoying. :p
Though what's more annoying is having to guess where to plant trees in the GameCube version cause that's where they'd land. No slingshot then.

Back