Tomodachi Life General Discussion

That argument doesn't hold up if we consider the countless amount of games with illegal or immoral content. Grand Theft Auto, for example. And the things you can do in a game like that are way worse than two gay Miis having a family-friendly relationship in a family-friendly game.
People who are offended by it could stay away from it, couldn't they? And even if they still wanted to play the game they don't have to have gay Miis, right? I don't see the problem, then...
This. And yeah GTA is kind of violent and sexy so should suit it right.

Well they can't rate this M/18 but just because some countries have it illegal doesn't mean you need to respect something that disrespects you.

This. And yeah GTA is kind of violent and sexy so should suit it right.

Well they can't rate this M/18 but just because some countries have it illegal doesn't mean you need to respect something that disrespects you.

/fistbump XD

The difference is, GTA is rated M.

Well, yeah, it's an adult game. It's not like same-sex relationships would make this an adult game.

Considering how little amount of games they actually bring here - and even less to the EU I would not be surprised. Sure you may be right about the protest reverse effect, but still even if it was intentional or not it got attention. They could always do a free DLC for it, maybe and release and while it was discovered 'late' I still think it was a bit lame to do what they did.

They already said it's something that can not be fixed through a patch (which is essentially what DLC is) because a lot of the game itself would have to be modified so whatever causes the game breaking doesn't happen. It's not a quick fix--it's an overhaul and at that point, they might as well make a new game. I don't recall it being discovered that late either--North America and Europe just made a bigger deal.

If you want to be upset with someone, be upset with Nintendo of Japan for not including it in the first place, but don't blame Nintendo of America and Europe for being nice enough to localize it. Nintendo still apologized as a whole and in general, while the relationships between 2 guys or 2 girls in Japan isn't that "controversial" as it can be here, it never goes further than that--Japan still has very traditional views on marriage overall.

Anyway, any further arguing about all of this will get the topic locked--it's just turning into an argument of preferences versus talking about the game.

--------------------------

To change the subject...

There's a lot of different hair dyes in the game at least--looking forward to that as many of the Miis I made look very similar at the moment.

I hope they don't change too much to be honest. I'd like if they kept some of the cultural stuff in.

I don't think I'm gonna buy this one immediately since I'll be saving for SSB 3ds and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire but if I get some spare money I'll grab this one too since the game does look quite interesting. ^_^

So many important games are coming out in such a short period of time! Nintendo should work on spacing out there release schedule a bit lol! I hope to pick this one up as soon as I get some higher priority games bought first! I've already made some Miis on my Mii Maker!

I know right, to many good games coming out, I have been saving up with a $50 Target card and $90 extra XD

I know right, to many good games coming out, I have been saving up with a $50 Target card and $90 extra XD

Lucky you. That's enough to get 3 almost 4 brand new games. I'll just be bugging my mom till she agrees to get them all. XD

If Nintendo included same-sex marriages, they'd get TONS of hell from homophobes. It's sad but true.

It's already been said why they didn't include it. Like I said though, please end any discussion involving this at this point. It really doesn't add to the discussion.

Oh gosh, that is cheesy. The commercial seems a little boring compared to the Tomodachi Life Direct lol.

The game would definitely grab more attention on tv if they used bits from the Direct, like the part where Bill is trying to talk to Iwata or something. :p

Yeah that was bland, though the rapping part was kinda funny, cheesy but funny. Using more interesting features would make this game look a whole lot better.

why do the voices sound so bad

Probably for comedy effect and so they wouldn't have to hire people to do the voice overs. I think it would be kind of cool for the miis to be able to use your voice. All they'd have to do is have you record certain sounds and sound combinations so your mii could talk!

Probably for comedy effect and so they wouldn't have to hire people to do the voice overs. I think it would be kind of cool for the miis to be able to use your voice. All they'd have to do is have you record certain sounds and sound combinations so your mii could talk!

i would prefer that much more..the voices make me cringe. like they sound more gibberish than animaleese in acnl omg.

Back