• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town Layout

What's wrong with the beach on the right? I actually prefer it on the right. :/

I was wondering the same thing. I think it's just preference? Maybe?

Anyway, I don't think that that one map is perfect. Not enough land on the right side.

That's good, though. Everyone wants something different. :)

Take a look at the waterfall and start from there. Trace where the water would be flowing and if it flows up at all, then you want to ditch the map.

I'm not too obsessed with getting a "perfect" map. Because that doesn't really exist. For instance, in some of the maps labelled flawless, there are large sections of land or peninsulas that are isolated, which I don't like. My point is what is perfect for someone is horrible for someone else, and what is horrible for someone is perfect for others. That's the beauty of Animal Crossing - every town is unique, and its yours.

I can see myself resetting a couple times to get a few basic aesthetic features, but all in all I'll probably look for a map that is unique and not incredibly inconvenient. I kind of want a private beach, for instance. But if I find a map I love without that, I'll of course pick it.

I love the ability to choose from 4 maps in New Leaf though ^_^

All I ask is that my river starts on east or west and finishes south and the tree isn't next to a wall :)

I say that I want all these different things in my town but honestly I won't have the patience to go through tons of maps. I'll most likely just choose one from the first four I get.

I'll pick from the first set of Maps I'm given. I don't like resetting my game for anything like that. Just seems so artificial. I want Moonvale to have the same awesome feeling Sunville had the day I bought Population Growing.

I don't want my map to have the same layout as everyone else for convenience sake. There are so many different layouts its a shame to think a bunch of towns might look exactly alike because everyone wants the same kind of thing!

My town's gonna be just how I like it~ Don't care if other people think the recycling center should have been closer to the docks!

No way, look at how far away from the docks Re-Tail is. Plus the beach is on the right. Yuck.

Now THIS map, everything's perfect.

View attachment 3952

Re-Tail right by the docks, beach on the left, no sections of river that flow north (this makes the water look like it's flowing uphill due to the rolling log effect and I don't like that), a private beach, peninsulas in the river, plenty of ponds, town tree is right in the center with the town hall next to it. What more could you ask for? I will keep resetting until I am offered a map like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

A list of four.

That map....
*drool*
I want it so much :(

These layouts are really nice but personally I think I'll just choose one of the 4 at the beginning. I have an idea in my head how I would like my town to look so I'm hoping one of those maps will work!

In the video that Valerie made it does look a bit odd but I think when you're actually playing it'll be barely noticable. In saying that, I will try and avoid it. Ideally I want my river running out at the south anyway.

For people with OCD like me, it just is annoying and looks unnatural.

OH MY GOSH, My mum has OCD, I don't know If i have it, Its not as extreme as my mums because she hates germs and things and she is always spraying things xD But I just like tidiness! Like my room is spotless and everything is organised right now :D

Back