• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town Layout

OH MY GOSH, My mum has OCD, I don't know If i have it, Its not as extreme as my mums because she hates germs and things and she is always spraying things xD But I just like tidiness! Like my room is spotless and everything is organised right now :D

I just get annoyed when things are out of place, like a river flowing uphill. Also, I repeatedly check for things even if I know I don't have to.

Im just looking for the tree to be in the middle and the town hall near it. Private beach, A fruit other than peach, triangle grass would be nice too.

Really like the Idea of having a central town tree although as long as there is a place where I can put my house next to a waterfall facing the ocean then I'll be happy :)

This is probably a silly question but...private beaches. You can't access them because there is no ramp? Or can you access them from the other beach? Villagers don't tend to show up there?

This is probably a silly question but...private beaches. You can't access them because there is no ramp? Or can you access them from the other beach? Villagers don't tend to show up there?

You can swim to it once you have a wet suit :)

Now some of you already have te game, I'm curious what kind of layouts you have! Please show me pics of your map ^^

The only thing I really care about is the layout. I have a layout that I picked out a while ago that I want. I'm going to reset until I get the layout, but I'm not resetting for a specific fruit, grass type, etc. The only thing I care about is the layout and having the tree in the center.

So glad someone pointed out that rivers can look like they're going up hill. That's the sort of thing I'd have noticed after playing the game for 2 weeks shortly followed by a rage quit.

I wonder if someone can create a thread for 'Town Maps' so people can post a picture of there town map into it so we can all see the different layouts :)?

I'm not too obsessed with getting a "perfect" map. Because that doesn't really exist. For instance, in some of the maps labelled flawless, there are large sections of land or peninsulas that are isolated, which I don't like. My point is what is perfect for someone is horrible for someone else, and what is horrible for someone is perfect for others. That's the beauty of Animal Crossing - every town is unique, and its yours.

I can see myself resetting a couple times to get a few basic aesthetic features, but all in all I'll probably look for a map that is unique and not incredibly inconvenient. I kind of want a private beach, for instance. But if I find a map I love without that, I'll of course pick it.

I love the ability to choose from 4 maps in New Leaf though ^_^

Well said! I think everyone has their idea of what perfect is for their map, but I do like to hear what people want and why. Its very interesting to me, because they vary so much!

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the appeal of having Re-Tail right by the docks.
I think it's so you can empty out your pockets as soon as possible after a fishing session. That's why I want it by the docks and near the river, anyway. I love fishing, but inventory space is meh. :p

I'm afraid I don't quite understand the appeal of having Re-Tail right by the docks.

It's so you can easily sell stuff you catch on the beach or the island, especially when you have to go to the item-return box andback several times. I thought that'd be obvious.

Yeah but I think as him. It's not something important. At least in worst case scenario it took 20 seconds more...even if you walk.

The only thing I really care about is the layout. I have a layout that I picked out a while ago that I want. I'm going to reset until I get the layout, but I'm not resetting for a specific fruit, grass type, etc. The only thing I care about is the layout and having the tree in the center.

Same here.

It's so you can easily sell stuff you catch on the beach or the island, especially when you have to go to the item-return box andback several times. I thought that'd be obvious.

I suppose I can understand that, then. Still, walking a little bit further to empty my pockets is no skin off my teeth. I suppose it's just another one of those preference things.

Really like the Idea of having a central town tree although as long as there is a place where I can put my house next to a waterfall facing the ocean then I'll be happy :)
This my opinion mostly, but then again I might change my mind provided the options I'm given when I get the game.

Back