• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Town name thread

I ended up deciding on Apricot! :D Thanks everyone for the suggestions, and I really like your town names! Feel free to post more if you'd like.

Ended up resetting my town a few days ago and this time named it "Paradise". When I was resetting on the train, I kept changing between "Eden", "Magnolia", "New Leaf" and "Paradise", and the one with the best map was "Paradise", so there. :p

Because I'm vastly unoriginal, my town is called Indiana after my dog, whose name is Indiana Jones. :p My alt town (digital version) is called Royal because that's the first word in my real life city... because again, I'm vastly unoriginal.

Mine has always been named Tempoton whenever I played.

I was a music major in college when I started my first Animal Crossing game so (Tempo)ton was what I came up with

I have two towns my first town is called Malahide, after a town where the rich and famour of Ireland live in Ireland in County Dublin. My second town is called Mirrybo, which i got upon fimbling with a real town name i read on the internet.

I named mine Hambert. I don't know why, it's not particularly pretty or anything. I am really bad at making up names, and one night I woke up in the middle of the night (this is going to sound really lame), thinking whilst half asleep that I needed to reset my town and call it Hambert. So I did.

Etoilene is derived from the French word 'Etoile' meaning star! ♫ ♪

I'm positive I've told this story before, but I named my town Oppo after a long standing tradition of naming my AC town Oppo. Way back in 2005, I created my very first town in Animal Crossing: Population Growing. Being the vastly uninspired kid I was, I ended up naming my town after a bad word I scrambled up. If you flop the O's and the P's you can probably guess pretty easily what word I was thinking of. I thought it was hilarious and when I got Wild World I named my town Oppo again. When I got City Folk I had been playing in Oppo for so long I hadn't even considered naming my town something else a possibility.

I don't know, Oppo is kind of a cute name to me, even if the original meaning was dumb. And it's still funny.

My one town is Derry, after the Stephen King fictional town. The second is Deadwood, just beacuse I like the way it sounds.

Etoilene is derived from the French word 'Etoile' meaning star! ♫ ♪

o-o I. Love. That town name!

Mine is in my signature. If you can't figure out how to say it, it's pronounced as if it were spelled Elfhame.

Last edited:
My town is called Blob, but I would also liked to have called it Melancholy after the Gorillaz song Melancholy Hill. :)

Back