• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Town names and the meaning behind the name

Chibi.Hoshi

*˖✧ ✨🌟✨ ✧˖*
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Switch
6688-6189-6870
Blue Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Green Star Fragment
Galaxy Cupcake
Cyan Heart Glow Wand
Heart Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Flower Glow Wand
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
What is your town name, and why?

My town name is Wakuwaku.
Waku Waku is a Japanese onomatopoeia for heart pounding like thriller (similar to Doki Doki) and excitement. I choose this name to reflect my town as never ending exciting with something new always around the corner, in good times and bad. A cute simple name to match the theme of Animal Crossing, and a never ending game.

Last edited:
my town is koolwaii, a japanese word that means one with much soul and love inside of their heart to represent what caring people the residents of koolwaii are

Nippon is the setting of my favorite game, okami. I dont like naming towns after real places so I wouldnt have named my town nippon if I knew it was a real place )^;

I named my town Arcadia because I loved its definition ^^
Arcadia- any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity.

My town is called Sunville because I love the warmth of the sun and associate the joy I get from playing AC games as a similar warmth. Sunflowers are also my favorite flower. I've named all of my towns since AC:Gamecube Sunville and it's always an homage to the nostalgia. :D

I also used to have an alt. town back in the GC days called Moonburg because I'm a sucker for opposites.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I named my town Arcadia because I loved its definition ^^
Arcadia- any real or imaginary place offering peace and simplicity.

That's an awesome definition. :O

I named my town Salem after Salem, Massachusetts because my town is supposed to be (or at least will eventually become) a forest where a witch lives.

My town is called Red Oak. I got the name form when I played SimCity. It is also the name I used in the game Banished. But I think it fits in this game too.

My town's name is Norman.

Norman is my dog's name, and my dog is my pride and joy in the world.
The idea of naming a town after him happened after I was watching the weather channel (I'm a geek who's obsessed with storms) and there was a storm over the town of Norman, Oklahoma. This was the first/only time I reset, and I was planning on resetting that weekend but didn't have a town name in mind until then :)

I named my town Salem after Salem, Massachusetts because my town is supposed to be (or at least will eventually become) a forest where a witch lives.

My town is actually called Melas because I'm from a city called "Salem". Not sure why I spelled it backwards, but I feel you.

I named my town Eternia because of a video game's town name. And it symbolizes eternity, and basically my town is practically eternal. x3

My town is Sachiko Sachi meaning good omen and ko meaning child and since good things happen and my town is like my child

My town's name is Ophylix. Don't ask me where it came from cause it totally just cooked up in my brain. My cycling is TheUnder which was a city in Pokemon Colosseum. After I'm done cycling I'll reset and make my town Rosevali because Rosevalley won't fit. Stupid character limit!

My town's name is Angelton. Not because I wanted it to be Angeltown and ran out of space, but some towns are really named something that ends in a "ton" and I loved the idea of having a place that was Angelic as well as mischievous. Honestly, everyone gets along in my town, so it is very Angelic!

My town is named Spagonia, a name taken from Sonic Unleashed. In Sonic Unleashed, Spagonia is a Historic Rome-themed town. My town is the polar opposite of that being a modern themed town. A bit Backwards? yes? but it's goal is still the same, to be the best Hub for all my friends to hang out with!

[edit: this is my 100th post here lol]

Last edited:
Last year I took a trip to London, England. I rode the busses though numerous times and one of the bus's stops had the name Aldwych. Originally I wanted to name my town after a park that was located near the hotel I stayed in; the park's name is Hyde Park, but of course it was too many characters. So I racked my brain to death trying to find something else that would be just as original, until I remembered/uncovered Aldwych.

Back