• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Town names and the meaning behind the name

I named my town Artim?. It is a name of name of a land of one of the book series I like called The Unwanteds.

My town's name is Everglow. I wanted to name it Afterglow, which is the name of my favorite song but it didn't fit. I thought about Evergreen plants and then decided on Everglow. Not amazing really but I like the name.

My town is called Evermore because i love Edgar Allen Poe. And I really like the sound of it

Last edited:
i'll post to this townnameandthemeaningofthename thread too:
Necroton

-ton suffix from general... names...Penticton (? city or street) Hamilton Street (??????? idk)
Necro- prefix from necrophilia

I shall post my meaning here too, nothing special though xD I used the word Ai for "love" in Japanese and added the name Ruka for Airuka, I just felt like mixing and matching and I loved the sound of it<3

My town in NL is called Mykonos which is the name of a beautiful Greek island. I named it that because I really like how it sounds, and also because my town in City Folk was named after a Greek island too, called Serifos.

Back