• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Toys R Us Memorial Day sale!!

It's kind of a shame that I pre-ordered from gamestop already! Oh well, the nearest Toys 'R Us is pretty far away anyways.

It's kind of a shame that I pre-ordered from gamestop already! Oh well, the nearest Toys 'R Us is pretty far away anyways.

i had pre ordered from toys r us at first but then i cancelled it, because my bf got store credit at gamestop....buuuut hmm 15% off sounds like a plan to me lol

hey i just saw pokemon x & y on the list too, you could get animal crossing and the get 40% the pokemon...or whichever it takes off stores usually take the % off the lowest priced item

Darn. I wish I knew about this earlier! I just paid off my preorder at GameStop this morning. womp womp

But if you look at the ad it says "excludes pre-orders and skylanders starter packs" so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for animal crossing or pokemon x/y...

But if you look at the ad it says "excludes pre-orders and skylanders starter packs" so I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work for animal crossing or pokemon x/y...

ok i know where you saw that in the news ad, i think that is just only for skylander items, but the next box down says all 3ds items and if you click on it online the games are in that category

2wmf405.png

but for the buy 1 get 1 40% off the pre-orders are on there

Last edited:
ok i know where you saw that in the news ad, i think that is just only for skylander items, but the next box down says all 3ds items and if you click on it online the games are in that category

2wmf405.png

Interesting, I put a few items in the cart (pre-order only) and it did work! Now the only issue is do I want to wait and spend $5 more and get them from gamestop with a bonus, gamestop always has bonuses for pokemon games.. hmm :/

Wow Mario kart 7 is $40
In uk you can it for ?25

I'm not 100% certain but from what I recall trying to buy doctor who items the exchange rate is about 1.5x-1.6x ? to american dollars. Which would make it pretty close to the same price. The standard 3ds game price is $40 in the usa. Slight less content or lower selling ones are $35 such as secondary pokemon games etc. Third party or more "family" style games are usually $29.99 but some are as low as $19.99.

Sidenote: I purchased both X and Y. I figure I can always cancel it if a better deal or preorder bonus comes along. Glad I saw this post though and got them preordered, thank you OP!!

2wmf405.png

Interesting I might place a preorder for both pokemon X and Y. Toys r us doesn't charge until shipped right?

Interesting I might place a preorder for both pokemon X and Y. Toys r us doesn't charge until shipped right?

unfortunately with my experience pre-ordering the bundle last week, they charged me 2 days after i placed the order, which is why i cancelled it....so i definitely think they will charge you a couple of days after you placed the order...however of course shipping would not occur until the order is processed

unfortunately with my experience pre-ordering the bundle last week, they charged me 2 days after i placed the order, which is why i cancelled it....so i definitely think they will charge you a couple of days after you placed the order...however of course shipping would not occur until the order is processed

Ouch I'm sorry to hear that. I also hear their free shipping is super slow. My personal experience with toysrus.com isn't great either maybe there is a reason why they are doing such a sale lol. Might just keep my order on amazon where I will get release date delivery for free since I'm prime. A 12 dollar difference probably isn't worth the headache dealing with toysrus. In addition Amazon doesn't charge you for pre-orders only when the item ships. Thanks for the quick response! :)

Ouch I'm sorry to hear that. I also hear their free shipping is super slow. My personal experience with toysrus.com isn't great either maybe there is a reason why they are doing such a sale lol. Might just keep my order on amazon where I will get release date delivery for free since I'm prime. A 12 dollar difference probably isn't worth the headache dealing with toysrus. In addition Amazon doesn't charge you for pre-orders only when the item ships. Thanks for the quick response! :)

According to the toysrus website if you select the option to not pay in store they will not charge you for a pre-order until the item is shipped. I don't particularly mind if it takes a few days to get my pokemon games, unlike animal crossing I can wait for pokemon LOL. But the nice thing is the order can be cancelled at any point up until it ships so if I find a better deal elsewhere I can cancel it and order it elsewhere. :)

i so wish i saw that amazon had the bundle, its all sold out, and i have prime :mad:

According to the toysrus website if you select the option to not pay in store they will not charge you for a pre-order until the item is shipped. I don't particularly mind if it takes a few days to get my pokemon games, unlike animal crossing I can wait for pokemon LOL. But the nice thing is the order can be cancelled at any point up until it ships so if I find a better deal elsewhere I can cancel it and order it elsewhere. :)

yeah im getting the bundle, so there is no instore option :(

Back