• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Un-finished Mushroom Sig

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
I'm trying to take my sig work up to the next level. I now know about multiple layers, borders, fonts, brushes, etc.

Here's a sig I've been working on. It doesn't have text yet, but as it says in the title, it isn't done either.

I wanted to start with something kinda simple, like a Mushroom. What do you think of it so far?

shroomci4.png

Oh, and I am aware of the slightly choppy render cut...

EDIT: Check my sig for version 2!

the brown brushing doesn't really match the green mushroom.. and try to stay away from brushes as much as possible

:p

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
the brown brushing doesn't really match the green mushroom.. and try to stay away from brushes as much as possible

The main focus of the sig isn't only the green part of the shroom. The brown brushing you see there is the mushroom's face color, with a bit more Opacity I think.

And I can't work without brushes.

Gengar said:

Thats bad

:( Try to fix that, abusing brushes is never good...

*Zeldafreak104 Looks at some of his past sigs.

yeah... I have some really ugly sigs were I abused brushes >_>

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:

Thats bad

Define "abused" please.

And thanks for the comments guys. Good thing theres still time for me to change it around. I'll ditch the brown brushwork.

;)

Guys, I just wanna' know here...

Am I moving in a better direction? In other words, does this sig look a bit better/more advanced in any way then the sigs in my library?

Gengar said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:

Thats bad

Define "abused" please.

And thanks for the comments guys. Good thing theres still time for me to change it around. I'll ditch the brown brushwork.

;)
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9721/]

that's abused

:(

ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:
ZELDAFREAK104 said:
Gengar said:

Thats bad

Define "abused" please.

;)
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/9721/]

that's abused

:( [/quote]
I don't think its the brushwork that made that sig not as good as others...

I think its just because the sig is too big for the render.

But then again, I wouldn't know. I'll keep working on the mushroom sig and update this thread in a bit.

^_^

Okay, version 2. I just chose a quick default font for now, it isn't permanent. I went for a new look...sorta.

mushroomam3.png

Without the font, better or worse?

Gengar said:
I don't think its the brushwork that made that sig not as good as others...

I think its just because the sig is too big for the render.
I was just giving an example of when I abused brushes, because thats all I did in that sig

Ehh I'm not very fond of the brownish theme to it it just doesn't look good and it's not the best colors around

;)

Copper said:
Ehh I'm not very fond of the brownish theme to it it just doesn't look good and it's not the best colors around

;)
Right, thats why I changed it. Everyone please take a look at my sig now if you havent already, Version 2.0.

Copper said:
I know the other way IMO is a bit lighter and less brown than the new one

:huh:

I didn't quite get that, sorry.

:p You're saying the new one isn't as good?

Well kind of the other one was lighter and less brown than this one or wait that looks kind of dark greenish oops

Correct, it is a dark green.

I personally like my new one better because of the shroom's trancparency-ish effect, and the backround looks kinda' deeper than most I've made.

You should do several motion blurs and spread them out the set the layer style to Linear Light and put the main render behind a few layers, like my sig.

Of I bet you have GIMP. I forgot everyone at TBT has gimp except for like me and Zeldafreak.

henhouse said:
You should do several motion blurs and spread them out the set the layer style to Linear Light and put the main render behind a few layers, like my sig.

Of I bet you have GIMP. I forgot everyone at TBT has gimp except for like me and Zeldafreak.
>:|

Bump from Hell.

Back