• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Unused data in the Welcome Amiibo update

TJBambi93

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
I'm not sure what to believe at this point, but a user on Nookipedia and Animal Crossing Wikia claims to have found unused villagers in the data.

These include Champ the monkey, Chuck the bull, Pirokon the alligator, Masa the dog, and Fruity the duck so far. But aside from a Desert Island Escape icon for Champ, I haven't found anything short of proof on the others.

Thoughts on this, and whether or not it could be real or fake? I know unused content usually means nothing, but... considering there are enough removed villagers remaining to make a second Welcome Amiibo series... and the fact that Pirokon and Masa have localized names in the data... it makes me wonder.

Last edited:
It's debatable...
If there was indeed another update, then I'd like to think it would be great. :)

It's certainly up for debate! I would love to see a second Amiibo update with more returning villagers, but not so soon after the one that just passed! I hope they will release a new update for New Leaf in the future (but the probability of another big update is low, especially since they are testing animal crossing for the switch now. They will probably just focus more on that >~<) even if it is only a small update to accommodate the new villagers!

I don't know... I'm not sure
in every video game I know there's always some random piece of code forgotten by the developers
those probably are just discarded ideas and nothing more

Last edited:
I really feel 50/50 about this. On the one hand it could be nothing, just leftovers they didn't use. On the other hand, there's enough where it could just as easily be another update (which I hope it is)

leftovers are leftovers, it's up to nintendo whether or not they wanna let us eat tho.

I wouldn't be surprised if they released another set of villagers, although I feel like they would make them accessible through different means rather than another card series.

man i don't know how i feel about this. id love to see more updates because i like the ds games and i really dont wanna have to buy a switch to play the new game if they make one. a a a

I wouldn't be surprised if they released another set of villagers, although I feel like they would make them accessible through different means rather than another card series.

uh... thinking about it still don't get what is the wifi function at the campground for

Last edited:
uh... thinking about it still don't get what is the wifi function at the campground for

That's what I had in mind, they could make other villagers be accessible through there for a limited time. It'd kind of be like the DLC they coordinated for HHD.

yes this could be possible... who knows what items are in their rvs? perhaps some of the ones that are accessible just via amiibo card for people that don't have them...?

Last edited:
Ah, really huh? I wouldn't mind these villagers. I would love to have Fruity again.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Could that mean they could make another update of some sort?

I call a new series of Welcome Amiibo cards: 50 new. And they are as follows alphabetically:

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Belle, Bezvrin, Bow, Carmen, Carrot, Champ, Chico, Chuck, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Fruity, Hambo, Hank, Huggy, Iggy, Jubei, Kit, Leigh, Megan, (Megumi) Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Mel, (Patricia) Penny, Petunia, (Rhino) Pierre, Mike, (Poko) Quetzal, Rhoda, Rio, Rollo, Shark, Sunny, Sven, Tarou, Twirp, Valise, Weldon, (Verdun) Woolio, and Zoe.

A good guess huh?

the nintendo switch comes out in march of next year. in all likelihood, they'll release an update that allows ACNL to work with the nintendo switch in some way, either as a standalone or as a connect to the switch AC game that might be out at/near launch. nintendo has been dominating the japanese market with the 3DS (portable handheld sales from the game boy to the DS in japan have slacked behind US markets, but 50% of all of nintendo's handheld sales this generation have come from japan), and almost 80% of all sales of animal crossing games have come from the portable version. the switch is the perfect marriage of a home console and a portable handheld, and you can almost guarantee that they will want to do something to boost sales for the 3DS so that the switch complements it rather than cannibalizes its market share. animal crossing is hugely popular in japan and one of their best selling series, and nintendo will do everything in their power to continue to expand their market share in both japan and US/european markets.

I call a new series of Welcome Amiibo cards: 50 new. And they are as follows alphabetically:

Ace, Aisle, Analogue, Belle, Bezvrin, Bow, Carmen, Carrot, Champ, Chico, Chuck, Cupcake, Dozer, Emerald, Faith, Flash, Fruity, Hambo, Hank, Huggy, Iggy, Jubei, Kit, Leigh, Megan, (Megumi) Meow, Nindori, Nosegay, Mel, (Patricia) Penny, Petunia, (Rhino) Pierre, Mike, (Poko) Quetzal, Rhoda, Rio, Rollo, Shark, Sunny, Sven, Tarou, Twirp, Valise, Weldon, (Verdun) Woolio, and Zoe.

A good guess huh?

I'm really surprised that they didn't release neighbors like Bow, Meow, and Megumi in this first set. I honestly feel like they would have increased the demand for cards even more.

It's for the special RVs, right now in Japan if you use the wifi function at the campground in some 7-11s with a Japanese 3ds you can get fillys RV.

Back