• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Update speculation!

Just a note about the dock, if someone hasn't already mentioned it - it DOES have a purpose, which is that a few certain fish can only be caught off of it. I wouldn't jump to the conclusion they'd flesh out its purpose more than that, necessarily.

I know what it is, they make the joke in the game... it's just weird the EU English version doesn't call it a bellpoint now (as a play on cashpoint, which is what ATMs are referred as in England)
Ah I see, sorry about that, you just said in the post ”what tf is an ABD” so it was hard to tell if you knew or not

Im wondering whether that third able sister will move into the able shop eventually

I miss the morning aerobics, I hope those come back!!

Posted this in the earth day thread but if Leif comes back with a shop (hopefully at some point he will even if not on Earth Day) I think it would be so cool if we could buy outdoor cacti to plant. Especially with sand terraforming this would work really well and it also makes more sense for realistic landscapes for certain player regions. I'm from the Southwest and don't love the desert but I'm sure a lot of people would be really into having outdoor cacti on their islands, especially if we could harvest their flowers and fruit! Not a prediction just part of a features wishlist for me haha.

Hi!

Once again I'm bumping this, because as it's the 12th ZIPPER IS GOING TO FINALLY BE GONE TOMORROW!

Which means sometime in the next week and a half we're going to get the new update.

What do you hope's going to turn up this time around?

Personally:
  • the museum's art, coffee and gyroid expansion
  • Redd, potentially with new furniture as well, so he's no longer JUST an art dealer
  • we know Leif's coming but I'm hoping he'll start dropping by with bushes and rare trees once a week
  • another Nook shop upgrade
This should tide us over until mid-late May, when we should hopefully get the next update (no idea what that'd be, tho)
OK, so The Roost didn't turn up, nor did any new furniture aside from event stuff or the DLC gifts Nintendo sent us for the update, and the third Nook's Cranny expansion hasn't been put into the game according to dataminers, and I wasn't quite right about Leif... so overall I'm about half-right.

So, more speculation!
  • These updates appear to be seasonal when big events aren't concerned, but they have more content than the big event updates do. With that in mind, the next one's going to turn up around mid-June imo, and it's going to have summer events like the fireworks shows, swimming and diving... and as I've said before, hopefully Morning Aerobics with Copper and Kapp'n, to take you somewhere.
  • I also think either Joan or Booker'll be back to add the vegetables/cooking mechanic that've been datamined, either in summer if it's Booker (if he's being added along with the police station, although given Reece and Cyrus have been added in for a wedding event of all things I'm not entirely sure if additional buildings are going to be added into the game), given that he had a camping theme for his RV in Welcome Amiibo, or Joan in the autumn, because that's the only thing I can think of her to do? It makes sense, given how she used to sell turnips, though.
  • Whenever the third Nook store update happens, there's going to be more furniture added into the game. A lot of the furniture in the game so far is tied specifically to the upgraded Nook's Cranny we just got, so it makes sense for potential future upgrades to also unlock new furniture. However, I think the upgraded Nook's Cranny is meant to last us a couple of months before it turns into whatever they add in, because they're REALLY dragging out the upgrades this time around. Might actually take us until next March to get the department store.
  • I've seen people say The Roost is going to be added in the autumn, and... yeah, I totally believe that. It makes sense, given in the Northern Hemisphere it's going to be getting colder... also it's the update before the very event-heavy months of October, November and December, so it's kind of free there.
  • Every returning NPC is going to be tied to an event at some point, or they're going to open a shop on the island... not 100% sure on that, but they'll turn up eventually.

Not speculation, more "ninji's found some new stuff in the game"... but there's code for the
dream suite
in the latest update according to an article by Nintendo Life, so that's potentially coming to the game at some point... but we don't know when, as there's at least a few year's worth of content coming to the game!

A question about the diving: today I saw a submarine in the museum, could that be an indication for diving? It was next to the tank with the oarfish in it.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
DREAM👏 👏
SUITE👏 👏

I wanna visit other people's towns without the fear of getting Resetti'd midway lol.
If Dream Suite does exist and will be implemented OOF. Aesthetics of my island would change drastically.

Shrunk and Katrina are very underrated special Characters.

Imo i think Digby is going to turn up somehow

i'm also hoping for gracie in some form or fashion

I’m begging that we get swimming back with the diving and also I hope tortimer comes back, he’s a lil legend. He made wild world and tortimer island with the mini games? I miss that😕
Post automatically merged:

OK, so The Roost didn't turn up, nor did any new furniture aside from event stuff or the DLC gifts Nintendo sent us for the update, and the third Nook's Cranny expansion hasn't been put into the game according to dataminers, and I wasn't quite right about Leif... so overall I'm about half-right.

So, more speculation!
  • These updates appear to be seasonal when big events aren't concerned, but they have more content than the big event updates do. With that in mind, the next one's going to turn up around mid-June imo, and it's going to have summer events like the fireworks shows, swimming and diving... and as I've said before, hopefully Morning Aerobics with Copper and Kapp'n, to take you somewhere.
  • I also think either Joan or Booker'll be back to add the vegetables/cooking mechanic that've been datamined, either in summer if it's Booker (if he's being added along with the police station, although given Reece and Cyrus have been added in for a wedding event of all things I'm not entirely sure if additional buildings are going to be added into the game), given that he had a camping theme for his RV in Welcome Amiibo, or Joan in the autumn, because that's the only thing I can think of her to do? It makes sense, given how she used to sell turnips, though.
  • Whenever the third Nook store update happens, there's going to be more furniture added into the game. A lot of the furniture in the game so far is tied specifically to the upgraded Nook's Cranny we just got, so it makes sense for potential future upgrades to also unlock new furniture. However, I think the upgraded Nook's Cranny is meant to last us a couple of months before it turns into whatever they add in, because they're REALLY dragging out the upgrades this time around. Might actually take us until next March to get the department store.
  • I've seen people say The Roost is going to be added in the autumn, and... yeah, I totally believe that. It makes sense, given in the Northern Hemisphere it's going to be getting colder... also it's the update before the very event-heavy months of October, November and December, so it's kind of free there.
  • Every returning NPC is going to be tied to an event at some point, or they're going to open a shop on the island... not 100% sure on that, but they'll turn up eventually. I really hope all this does happen, I miss the old NPC also the roost and the coffee was one my favourite added things😊

Last edited:
Back