• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Update v2.0 + HHP Discussion Thread

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this, but I've been playing the DLC nonstop the past few days and after you design your 41st (?) house in HHP, Lottie asks you to build a gallery in the cafe!
Is it like a separate room? I know some people were sad that the facilities were only single room unlike Happy Home Designer

Question: I've got 10 villagers now on my Vacation Island. I know that's a milestone. I Don't want to spoil anything. But i was wondering. Earlier in this thread i read that if you have 41 villagers you unlock something nice too. But in between what is there to unlock more? I don't want to invite too much villagers because i want to decorate their houses. But i also want to have all possibilities. I want to unlock as much as possible actually. But i know i don't want to have 41 villagers already. Can somebody help me explain what major milestones there is on the road for me? Without spoiling for other readers? Thank you so much!

I don’t know if this was already asked somewhere but how often do the shops on Harv’s island change their stock? Redd and Leif have been selling the same items for a few days now and I don’t know if it’s a bug because I’m time traveling or if it’s suppose to be like that

I don’t know if this was already asked somewhere but how often do the shops on Harv’s island change their stock? Redd and Leif have been selling the same items for a few days now and I don’t know if it’s a bug because I’m time traveling or if it’s suppose to be like that

It sounds like it's supposed to be that way from what I understand with others' posts. They only rotate their stock once per week. I think people said their stock changes every Sunday or Monday. I forget which.

Question: I've got 10 villagers now on my Vacation Island. I know that's a milestone. I Don't want to spoil anything. But i was wondering. Earlier in this thread i read that if you have 41 villagers you unlock something nice too. But in between what is there to unlock more? I don't want to invite too much villagers because i want to decorate their houses. But i also want to have all possibilities. I want to unlock as much as possible actually. But i know i don't want to have 41 villagers already. Can somebody help me explain what major milestones there is on the road for me? Without spoiling for other readers? Thank you so much!
There is a lot more to unlock. Just copying everything that unlocks from after the 10th house from the OP:
  • After the 11th house, you get more work clothes + more Poki per house
  • During the 12th house, you get different polishing effects
  • After the 12th house, you can build 2 more facilities (restaurant, cafe)
  • During the next facility you pick, you learn about changing lighting
  • After the 13th house, the Happy Home Academy allows you to share homes/facilities online
  • After the 15th house, you're able to use DIY items you've crafted before
  • After the 16th house, once you continue working, you'll gain the ability to have roommates in vacation homes when remodeling a villager's vacation home
  • After the 17th house, you learn soundscapes after a cutscene with Wardell
  • After the 18th house, you can do two-storey vacation homes
  • After the 19th house, you can suggest ideas to villagers, and also get more Poki + work clothes
  • After the 20th house, you have another party and get the end goal for HHP
  • After the 22nd house, you get a present from Lottie
  • After the 24th house, you unlock another facility (hospital)
  • After the 25th house, you lean more soundscapes after another cutscene with Wardell
  • After the 27th house, Tom Nook visits and allows you to use your entire catalog for decorating vacation homes
  • After the 30th house, you unlock the last facility (apparel shop)
  • After the apparel shop is complete, you get the credits
  • After the credits, you unlock more reactions (Grooving Hop, Groove Right, Groove Left, Soak It In, Side-to-Side, Island Stomp, Airplane, Twisty Dance, Shimmy, Turnip Patch, Arm-Swing Dance)
  • After returning to your island after the credits and entering the Residential Services building, you unlock the option to remodel your villagers' homes (exterior and interior). It costs 9,000 bells per home, you have everything available to you that you would on the archipelago and you can do multiple homes per day.
  • After the 33rd house, you unlock even more soundscapes after another cutscene with Wardell (may also require the hospital expansion?)
(also, as a side note, I'm past 41 houses (up to 43 now iirc) and haven't had that gallery for the cafe unlock for me. My thinking behind why is one of three things: it requires more houses than suggested, it possibly may be time-dependent in addition to any house dependency it has, since there is a few things that are time-locked, or it requires you to keep having parties at the cafe (I've only done 1 at the cafe so far))

Their stock changes weekly, changing every Monday I believe.

Wow Kilza thank you so much! Exactly what i wanted to know... Thank you for helping us out!

Wow this DLC continues to Surprise me even more and I discovered another thing:

I went inside the Hospital and I saw that the original NPC that used to sell Turnips by the name "Joan" was there. I talked to her and she mentions how she was going for a checkup and then all of a sudden she gave me 50 turnips. This really caught me off guard.

I'm so addicted to HHP that I'm losing sleep...
Anyway I have a few questions for those who are far ahead in it:

Is it true that the school will always have just one room? I was looking forward to designing a gym and hallway with all the stuff they gave us.

Also, do we ever unlock the ability to put rugs outside? What about a search feature and curtains for the windows? I think HHD had those features but so far I haven't encountered them in HHP.

Thanks 😊

Has anyone found the throne item and if so, was it in Nook's Cranny or the Nook Stop? Also, does anyone know when the festival lantern becomes available? TIA

School lectures:
Idk if this have been mention but I had the following:
Leif: allowed me to plant all hybrid plants
Nat: allowed me to release bugs in vacation homes so they show up (scorpion island anyone lol)

School lectures:
Idk if this have been mention but I had the following:
Leif: allowed me to plant all hybrid plants
Nat: allowed me to release bugs in vacation homes so they show up (scorpion island anyone lol)
I was talking to Cherry at the School and said something like "Meh I rather be watching TV then sitting all day hearing all this" She reminds me of myself when I was in school.

Colton invited me to hang out and offered me to buy any item in his house, idk if the item will just appear again, but this is great for people that want to keep their houses untouched.

is it me... or Wisp has a hight rate of appearance since the update? The update came let say the 4 or 5 if you could the DLC and I have already gotten him minimum 3 nights, i feel like before the update i rarely used to see him. Is it just me?

is it me... or Wisp has a hight rate of appearance since the update? The update came let say the 4 or 5 if you could the DLC and I have already gotten him minimum 3 nights, i feel like before the update i rarely used to see him. Is it just me?
I’ve seen him twice since the update, but I think he resets on Sunday for the week. If see him again before next Sunday, though, then clearly his appearance rate has been upped— and I’m okay with that!

Tommy forces you to make Timmy his roommate. I was hoping to give him his own house…

I gave them each their own rooms, so that they have some personal time.

Anyome tried Daisy Mae ? Since she is basically a child i wonder if she also
Forces her grandma to live with her ( 🤞🏼 )

Back