• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

vB Announcement Discussion

Jake. said:
Can we just stay here? Also will this forum still be able to be read?
Q: What will happen to the current forum? A: The current domain will eventually redirect to the new domain and the current forum will stay up as an archive. People will obviously not be able to post or register when it is an archive.

As to the first question... no.

I guess I'l change my name back to Mr. L when the new board opens.

For people worried about people stealing their usernames... Changing of usernames will not be available for a few months so when you join, make it the name you want!! If someone takes the name you are currently using at this board the first 2 weeks of opening is the time to tell the staff and you can get that name back. But after those two weeks and someone takes the name you want...too bad...so sad...get over it.

I hope that made sense... it did in my head at least.

Miranda said:
For people worried about people stealing their usernames... Changing of usernames will not be available for a few months so when you join, make it the name you want!! If someone takes the name you are currently using at this board the first 2 weeks of opening is the time to tell the staff and you can get that name back. But after those two weeks and someone takes the name you want...too bad...so sad...get over it.

Basically, choose the name you want or build a bridge and get over it. amirite?

I think you guys need to stop worrying about looking like 'newbies'. Since everyone is going to start at 0, not just you.

strikingmatches said:
I think you guys need to stop worrying about looking like 'newbies'. Since everyone is going to start at 0, not just you.
She speaks wisely.

Bacon Boy said:
Miranda said:

Basically, choose the name you want or build a bridge and get over it. amirite?
i should probally think of a new name then

Sporge27 said:
Tyeforce said:
Dunno if this has been asked yet or not, but would there be any possibility of doing something like NSider2 did with transferring post counts? I don't think it's very fair for a lot of us veteran members to be forced to start from scratch. Losing our posts and threads is one thing (as long as they'll still be archived here at ZetaBoards), but making us start completely from scratch like any other newcomer just isn't right. And, no, post count isn't everything, I know that. But it's going to make everyone look like newbies, no matter how much they've contributed to the community in the past.

It's too bad the move couldn't have waited until Andrew finished his forum software, which he would have made sure would be able to transfer all data from ZetaBoards. Oh, well. I like the new theme, at least.
Tell you what, if you are still sore about it after the move, you can add this into your sig

"My other account had #### posts!"

Then everyone will still know!
No, that's not the point I'm trying to make... It's not about post count. It's about transferring what we can from here, so it still feels like a continuation, not a reboot. I don't care if we all started back at zero for everything...if it was a new forum. But it's not, it's still The Bell Tree. It's not TBT2 or anything like that. I guess I might feel that way because I'm a little disappointed that it couldn't have waited until the transfer of data from ZetaBoards was possible. Still, it doesn't seem like the staff even cares about making it a continuation, and that bothers me.

Tye "change can be scary sometimes. But everything will be alright."

strikingmatches said:
Tye "change can be scary sometimes. But everything will be alright."
>_>

It's not that I'm afraid of change, nor am I afraid of restarting... It's just that it doesn't have to be this way. Even though we won't keep any data when moving to vBulletin, there can still be some things transferred over manually to keep a sense of continuation, and post count is just the best example of such.

Tyeforce said:
Sporge27 said:
Tyeforce said:
Dunno if this has been asked yet or not, but would there be any possibility of doing something like NSider2 did with transferring post counts? I don't think it's very fair for a lot of us veteran members to be forced to start from scratch. Losing our posts and threads is one thing (as long as they'll still be archived here at ZetaBoards), but making us start completely from scratch like any other newcomer just isn't right. And, no, post count isn't everything, I know that. But it's going to make everyone look like newbies, no matter how much they've contributed to the community in the past.

It's too bad the move couldn't have waited until Andrew finished his forum software, which he would have made sure would be able to transfer all data from ZetaBoards. Oh, well. I like the new theme, at least.
Tell you what, if you are still sore about it after the move, you can add this into your sig

No, that's not the point I'm trying to make... It's not about post count. It's about transferring what we can from here, so it still feels like a continuation, not a reboot. I don't care if we all started back at zero for everything...if it was a new forum. But it's not, it's still The Bell Tree. It's not TBT2 or anything like that. I guess I might feel that way because I'm a little disappointed that it couldn't have waited until the transfer of data from ZetaBoards was possible. Still, it doesn't seem like the staff even cares about making it a continuation, and that bothers me.
You'll still be able to view the posts here. They'll just be archived.

Tyeforce said:
Sporge27 said:
Tyeforce said:

Maybe they want a fresh start?

At the moment on TBT there are so many problems, lots of the forums are messy, lots of leftover troll posts, lots of aggro between members in general. With a fresh start they can sort all this out from the beginning.

Jas0n said:
Tyeforce said:
Sporge27 said:
Tyeforce said:

Maybe they want a fresh start?

At the moment on TBT there are so many problems, lots of the forums are messy, lots of leftover troll posts, lots of aggro between members in general. With a fresh start they can sort all this out from the beginning.
NONONO I'M TYE AND IM RIGHT!!!

What do we even have that's worth carrying over???

Bacon Boy said:
Tyeforce said:
Sporge27 said:
Tyeforce said:

You'll still be able to view the posts here. They'll just be archived.
Yes, but there will be no connection to the old TBT, to our old threads, our old posts, our old accounts... I guess the idea of continuity of the forum just means more to me than it does all of you for some reason. =/

Still, NSider2 did it, so why can't we? After Nintendo shut NSider down, NSider veterans were able to have their post counts and ranks manually transferred over to NSider2. That way it's like a fresh start, but not completely.

So what are you planning to do on the opening of the new forums? Like events ect?

Back