• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Furniture Replacement Guide

I would try gifting more of the same item. Certain items may not get replaced until it is removed from their furniture inventory.

Try gifting multiple 1x1 items to see if that will replace it. Also you can attempt to fill up their clothing inventory.

In the "List of Items" tab of the Google document, it has a list of items that are Fixed, it is between Fish and Food, there are only 28 items.

That person manipulated the game's code to give Raymond the wallpaper and flooring. It is not possible to change those features through normal gameplay, just like you can't changed their music.
Thanks for your response! I will continue to push this bed into Hazel's house!!

Thanks for sharing this! I had a question: Are we able to replace villagers' wallpaper or flooring via gifting?
I've been trying to get Cube to have some semblance of his house in NL/WW instead of the weird children's room he has now T-T

Thanks for sharing this! I had a question: Are we able to replace villagers' wallpaper or flooring via gifting?
I've been trying to get Cube to have some semblance of his house in NL/WW instead of the weird children's room he has now T-T

Wallpaper, flooring, and music is not replaceable. I've seen a few online posts with villagers with different walls/flooring, but those are most certainly hacked in.

Thanks for posting this!

I used this guide to fix Deirdre's home (she got rid of her mush lamp while I was giving her cuter tools, so I had to TT to the autumn season and give her another one) - now she has a red mushroom lamp instead of the green one!

I wish Olivia had a 2x1 item marker. I was trying for so long to give her a white drum set (she wants to be a drummer!!!) but she won't place it since it seems the rest of her furniture is fixed. ;;'

This is only tangentially related to the topic, but any idea why Maple suddenly lost her music player? I had invited her to the wedding party, but I don't think she actually displayed the item in her home, however I noticed after TTing to clear the plates from the other villager homes that she's missing it. I never gave her any surface item gifts, so the spot was just empty. I've since given her a Retro Fan in the hopes that her home just needs a refresh, but I haven't been in to check whether that worked yet.

Last edited:
This is only tangentially related to the topic, but any idea why Maple suddenly lost her music player? I had invited her to the wedding party, but I don't think she actually displayed the item in her home, however I noticed after TTing to clear the plates from the other villager homes that she's missing it. I never gave her any surface item gifts, so the spot was just empty. I've since given her a Retro Fan in the hopes that her home just needs a refresh, but I haven't been in to check whether that worked yet.

Certain villagers (I know Marshall is another one), will occasionally remove their record player. This is because Villagers rotate surface items everyday until all valid spots have been filled. I feel like this is a bug, but if you want her put it back, try gifting her multiples of the Yellow Cute Music Player (make sure the volume is at 2) to see if she will place one of them. Mailing them would be the quickest option.

Thank you! This is really helpful in removing the bugs/fish they display >.< but for some Merengue never changes her wood furniture (she’s one of the original 3 from beginning of game) even though I gave her a bunch of cute furniture :(

Thank you! This is really helpful in removing the bugs/fish they display >.< but for some Merengue never changes her wood furniture (she’s one of the original 3 from beginning of game) even though I gave her a bunch of cute furniture :(
My starter jock Bam wouldn’t change his wood furniture either 😞 I had to let him move away in the end. But he displayed his clothes I gave him lol

Certain villagers (I know Marshall is another one), will occasionally remove their record player. This is because Villagers rotate surface items everyday until all valid spots have been filled. I feel like this is a bug, but if you want her put it back, try gifting her multiples of the Yellow Cute Music Player (make sure the volume is at 2) to see if she will place one of them. Mailing them would be the quickest option.

I was able to check inside of her room real quick before she went to bed for the night, and the retro fan actually seems to have done the trick - the fan was in place within her 1x1 free space, and with it the stereo restored. :) Was definitely gonna mail her some Yellow Cute Music Players if it didn't, though.

Wow this is so very helpful! Thank you for always taking the time to make these informative threads and posts. Gotta try testing this clothing limit thing when i have the chance because i have seen lots of people who want to get rid of certain clothes from their villagers wardrobe. I hope that they get rid of older clothes first and that it is not random.

Pashmina's house looks a lot different than what I'm seeing. She was one of the two residents who was on my island. I'm sad that I can't replace her wallpaper or flooring. I was hoping to maybe make it look like how it's intended to look.

Wallpaper, flooring, and music is not replaceable. I've seen a few online posts with villagers with different walls/flooring, but those are most certainly hacked in.
Sorry for the late reply but - thank you! You’ve saved me weeks of wallpaper gifting haha. I will slowly gift my villagers fun furniture instead!

I accidentally gave lazy starter house the wrong item and i want to reset the house.. ive had villagers display the same thing but it was customized differently and thats withojt time traveling.. the starter house im refering to is not full yet... im confused... if i gift them the same thing over and over again will that reset the house back to normal?????
Post automatically merged:

I want it to go back to the way it was just a lazy starter house... but not sure this is possible

Im actively trying to get help with this...
This has to do with a starter peach lazy house..
Ive only gifted three table top items.. i think there is room for more..
I gifted in tbis order: catnip, frying pan, moms cake.. the cake was the mistake ..
So now I want to reset the table top items..

Note: i heard after 64 items furniture starts to dissapear??

Im trying to view the lazy peach house layout on that website it says use these but they it doesnt appear to be a link where it says lazypeach

Last edited:
Im actively trying to get help with this...
This has to do with a starter peach lazy house..
Ive only gifted three table top items.. i think there is room for more..
I gifted in tbis order: catnip, frying pan, moms cake.. the cake was the mistake ..
So now I want to reset the table top items..

Note: i heard after 64 items furniture starts to dissapear??

Im trying to view the lazy peach house layout on that website it says use these but they it doesnt appear to be a link where it says lazypeach

If you're looking for the default lazy peach version interior it's called ImmQ_1_Peach.

If you're looking for the default lazy peach version interior it's called ImmQ_1_Peach.
This is what came up in google but this is a bit different than what my lazy peach house looks like...layout wise atleast anyways.. not sure if that matters

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200808-170043_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200808-170043_Chrome.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 20200802_113750_resize_86.jpg
    20200802_113750_resize_86.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 53
Does Leopold have an empty 1x2 marker? His birthday is coming up and I planned to give him a trophy case but I fear he will replace his lecture desk with it and it'll look stupid.

I tried using the site linked in the guide but it doesn't seem to function on my end for some reason?​

Back