• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Furniture Replacement Guide

I'd like to get rid of Ankha's Pyramid. Anyone have suggestions for furniture that is 3x3?

Carmen's wooden block bed with a white sheet looked ugly. I know Carmen's favorite color is green, so I gave her a green/green basic wooden bed and it worked!

BEFORE
2021011412342700-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

AFTER
2021011412335200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

I'm a little confused with the wording of the guide... is it possible to replace wall-mounted furniture? Trying to swap out a wreath that Tangy has on her wall with an orange clock, if I can.

Has anyone compiled a list of items that fall in the None category? The doc in the first post doesn't do that, and it's just annoying trying to cross-reference everything to see if it's a None item or not. I'm trying to fix Butch's house after it got totally ruined with clothes and things, and the majority of his house is made up of 1x1 None items.

Hi, I'm new here so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting here the first thing I do. I've been using this guide to remodel Tiffany's house but I can't get her to place a wooden bookshelf. If I'm reading the guide right, the wooden bookshelf is a none size 2x0.5 (I double checked with the starter Normal house where it is listed as none) so it should be able to replace her diner neon sign which is the same size and category. However, that sign got replaced by a capricorn ornament and gifting her another diner neon sign placed that instead of the billiard table in the middle. Both spots are none, and it seems like size 2x1 and 2x0.5 can replace each other. So why not the bookshelf? What am I missing? I feel like it should at least be able to go in the room marker spot of 2x1, but maybe there the size matters?

Has anyone compiled a list of items that fall in the None category? The doc in the first post doesn't do that, and it's just annoying trying to cross-reference everything to see if it's a None item or not. I'm trying to fix Butch's house after it got totally ruined with clothes and things, and the majority of his house is made up of 1x1 None items.
I'm slowly working on that, adding the things I encounter when I happen to think of it. I've gotten pretty much nowhere so I'll open my google sheet so anyone can edit and maybe you can help by adding to it? I don't have access to any datamine so I don't have all the info but I copied the titles from the original doc.

Link is here

Last edited:
I wanted to replace Nibble's Pear Bed with Luna's Bed and noticed that "Luna's Bed" did not appear on the List of Items tab in the Villager Furniture Replacement Guide. I thought that was odd, since normally all new items are added (e.g. the Surichwi Tteok item was added under the "Food" category) and I thought that of course Luna's Bed would be in the "Bed" category. Nope! It seems to be in the "None" category for some reason, since Nibbles replaced her Tennis Table for it:
ACNH - Luna's Bed - Villager house interior.jpg

For reference, I had mailed her 3 Luna's Beds at the same time (to increase the odds of her replacing old furniture instead of just placing it in her NnpcRoomMarkerFtrFloor2x1 slot) and not gifted her anything else after that point.

Wanted to post this here since I could not find any other images online of a villager with Luna's Bed in their home. But having used the Villager Furniture Replacement Guide for all of my villagers, I have learned that if an item you're looking for isn't on the list, then it has to be in "None".

I have also observed something with villager clothing storage. It appears that you can not replace old villager clothes by gifting them 24 (or more) of the same clothing. I obtained a gifted Dom from someone, and I observed that he had been given at least 9 shirts, 2 hats and had on display 1 glasses (which he still sometimes wore). I replaced his Log Stool with a Safe to check his wardrobe progress (didn't want a wardrobe to fill his RoomMarker spot, in case he replaced it again with clothes), and I can confirm that after giving him 35 red Sea Captain's Coats and 10 red Top Hats, his "storage" still hadn't seemed to push out all of the old clothes he was given. I got rid of most things – but 3 things I just couldn't get rid of. His wardrobe still had the 2 hats inside. Yes, just the hats. A pink Giant Ribbon, which I have never seen him wear; and a red Colorful Striped Knit Cap, which he wore really frequently. He also wore a brown wool sweater with a tiny flower print on the top left, which had never appeared in his wardrobe (but he still wore all the time); and since I can not find the name of it online, I assume it was probably a custom design from his old island. Which if that was the case, Isabelle did an absolutely rubbish job of making him not wear it, haha!

Another observation I made is, potentially, a villager might be able to "store" a piece of clothing without it appearing in their wardrobe; even if they are not wearing it currently nor displaying it in their home. I gave Audie 4 Adventure Dresses, 9 Farmer Overalls, 9 Alpinist Dresses and 3 Hibiscus Hairpins. The Adventure dress eventually stopped appearing in her wardrobe and it wasn't on display in her house, so I thought maybe I had pushed it out of her rotation. But no, I still saw her change into it multiple times after this. Also occasionally, I'll see clothes randomly "disappear" from wardrobes on some days and reappear a few days later. Another thing that happened is that Audie had just the 1 Hibiscus Hairpin appear in her wardrobe for ages, then suddenly, he decided to put one of them on display in her home. It has never since moved from display, but neither has the 1 in her wardrobe. So this shows she owns at least more than one.

Finally, I have gotten Willow to display 3 pink Heart Aprons and have another still appear in her wardrobe. She displayed one in her RoomMarker slot, another replaced her Pintuck-Pleated Dress, and lastly she displayed one on her wall (which I have never seen another villager do before unless they already had clothes there by default, like Tom). It has been ages, and since then the only one she keeps on display is the one that replaced her Pintuck-Pleated Dress. I have also seen Tom wear a Pirate-Treasure Robe while having replaced his default Jumper Work Suit (on wall) with one. Again it's been ages, and the Pirate-Treasure Robe has never left the wall since.

To keep track of everything, I have kept tallies of all the outfits and items I have ever given my villagers, as well as taken screenshots of their house interiors and wardrobes on different days. Maybe I'm a bit crazy, but I'm just so curious at how the whole "storage" thing works! If anyone wants to see these though, then I'm happy to try and compile them together in a post on here.

I have also observed something with villager clothing storage. It appears that you can not replace old villager clothes by gifting them 24 (or more) of the same clothing. I obtained a gifted Dom from someone, and I observed that he had been given at least 9 shirts, 2 hats and had on display 1 glasses (which he still sometimes wore). I replaced his Log Stool with a Safe to check his wardrobe progress (didn't want a wardrobe to fill his RoomMarker spot, in case he replaced it again with clothes), and I can confirm that after giving him 35 red Sea Captain's Coats and 10 red Top Hats, his "storage" still hadn't seemed to push out all of the old clothes he was given. I got rid of most things – but 3 things I just couldn't get rid of. His wardrobe still had the 2 hats inside. Yes, just the hats. A pink Giant Ribbon, which I have never seen him wear; and a red Colorful Striped Knit Cap, which he wore really frequently. He also wore a brown wool sweater with a tiny flower print on the top left, which had never appeared in his wardrobe (but he still wore all the time); and since I can not find the name of it online, I assume it was probably a custom design from his old island. Which if that was the case, Isabelle did an absolutely rubbish job of making him not wear it, haha!

This is interesting - I wonder if it reads same clothing differently in that case. I finally had a villager replace an article of clothing today after around 10 months.

Last summer, Marina gifted Poppy a blue track jacket that I delivered. Ever since then, I noticed the blue track jacket had replaced her default green track jacket, so she would wear blue during fishing tournaments, bug off, etc. I've been giving Poppy different clothing gifts over the past year, and I must have just hit 24, because today during the bug off she was wearing the green track jacket again for the first time in almost a year.

I think the complaining to Isabelle feature seems to have been broken since the game launched unfortunately. If I recall correctly, sometimes it will get a villager to change temporarily, but it doesn't remove the item from their wardrobe.

Back