• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Villager Furniture Replacement Guide

bro this is confusing to me lmao

idc ab originality tho so it don;t matter anyway

I gave drago a dragon screen cause i thought he would replace his red screen and instead he just had both of them out but it was kinda trippy cause if you looked at it right it kinda looked like the dragon in the screen was sitting down to eat..
Still i probably wouldnt have gave him that if i didnt think he might replace the other screen...
What am i doing wrong?
His red partition is not marked fixed....
I geuss i have to fill the empty spaces first..
Post automatically merged:

I wanna give marcel a customized sleeping bag cause he has the sleeping bag.. [its not actually called a sleeping bag]
But will he replace it with the one i give him or will he just end up with two of them?

Last edited:
I gave drago a dragon screen cause i thought he would replace his red screen and instead he just had both of them out but it was kinda trippy cause if you looked at it right it kinda looked like the dragon in the screen was sitting down to eat..
Still i probably wouldnt have gave him that if i didnt think he might replace the other screen...
What am i doing wrong?
His red partition is not marked fixed....
I geuss i have to fill the empty spaces first..

I wanna give marcel a customized sleeping bag cause he has the sleeping bag.. [its not actually called a sleeping bag]
But will he replace it with the one i give him or will he just end up with two of them?
If you read through the room markers section in the main page of the guide, it says "Villagers will prioritize placing furniture in room markers before replacing existing furniture on the floor. When choosing an existing furniture to replace, the choice is random between valid types or surfaces." I checked Drago's room and he does have a 2x1 room marker in the right side of his room, so I would guess that you need to fill that spot first before trying to replace any of his original furniture.
For Marcel, he does have a 2x1 room marker at where his DIY workbench is, so potentially he could display two futons in his room instead of replacing the existing one.

Thank you for this! I have a question though, and I was a little confused by some of the info so maybe you can answer this. I gave Julian a star clock that was yellow and it was put on the Room Marker spot. Then realizing a blue clock would be nicer, I thought he would replace it, but instead he replaced the Pisces Lamp.

If I gave him a Pisces Lamp, is there an increased chance he would put it back where the original one was (Or at least put it back in general), since 1) it's an item he originally had, 2) both the blue star clock and the Pisces Lamp are 1x1, and 3) they are both lamp-type since they glow (if that affects anything)?

Last edited:
So if theres technically 2 items in the workbench spot can one of them be replaced??

Also. Im looking for the list of the furniture and there correlating categories please if anyone can help

ooo this is great, thank you! I’ve been thinking about doing this because I hate the starter homes with a passion. why Nintendo?? why starter homes?? I don’t see a point!

I gave Fang a folding floor lamp which he did not put in the empty room marker but instead used it to replace the antique bureau so I tried giving him the same colour antique bureau and other 2x1 items but he just won't replace the lamp and would rather replace what is in the room marker... ugh this is frustrating.

I had Poppy move in a while ago and she can't get to the the right side of her house or her record player because the space between the table and the workbench is a side-step. This is not my photo, but here's what it looks like. I know you can't replace the workbench.

I'm looking at the wireframe for her house... I wonder if I could give her a smaller table? I'm assuming there's probably not a way to fix this but was just curious.

House_of_Poppy_NH.jpg

Last edited:
I had Poppy move in a while ago and she can't get to the the right side of her house or her record player because the space between the table and the workbench is a side-step. This is not my photo, but here's what it looks like. I know you can't replace the workbench,

I'm looking at the wireframe for her house... I wonder if I could give her a smaller table? I'm assuming there's probably not a way to fix this but was just curious.

View attachment 313201
I'm not sure if it's the case with Poppy, but does she put the diy table away sometimes and display something else? It's maybe just poorly designed.

I'm not sure if it's the case with Poppy, but does she put the diy table away sometimes and display something else? It's maybe just poorly designed.

Unfortunately no, it's one of those that is always displayed even on days she's not crafting.

Any advice on how to get rid of this garbage can without losing the light strings and such? This is my BF's Julian. I actually had the same problem with my Julian, only it was a record album, not a garbage can. I gave him an Aries rocking chair and it worked for me, but my boyfriend tried the same thing and the garbage can is still there. The problem of course is that Aries rocking chairs are hard to get, so we can't keep spamming him with those. Ideally we would keep his house celestial in theme.

Attachments

• JulianDisaster.jpg
    JulianDisaster.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 96
I gave Ankha a Mummy Suit and a Mummy Mask and all of the sudden she replaced one of her coffins with her worktable, now the coffin and gold plates are missing, she doesnt swaps the coffin only puts her worktable, she is not displying any of the gifted cloths, how can I restore the coffin and plates?

Edit: Ignore this, she just put her coffin and dishs back in place after a week...

Last edited:
thank you so much for this!! I'm definitely going to be using it once I finish decorating my own house and finally get around to changing things for my villagers!

Help me please! I’m trying to get rid of Octavian’s original furniture (I know many people love his house, but I can’t stand it, it bothers me to no end cause it didn’t feel like a home at all xD). So far I managed to get rid of a few items. But for the life of me I can’t make him get rid of the satellite and the rocket. I tried to follow the guide and to gift him objects of the recommended color, but he keeps substitute the same 2 objects and that’s all! Any suggestion? Thank you!

Help me please! I’m trying to get rid of Octavian’s original furniture (I know many people love his house, but I can’t stand it, it bothers me to no end cause it didn’t feel like a home at all xD). So far I managed to get rid of a few items. But for the life of me I can’t make him get rid of the satellite and the rocket. I tried to follow the guide and to gift him objects of the recommended color, but he keeps substitute the same 2 objects and that’s all! Any suggestion? Thank you!

Try gifting him items of the same size and color that are also made with star fragments. For example, a nova light customized to blue to replace the satellite.

I've found that villagers won't easily get rid of things made with star fragments or gold nuggets, unless it's for something else that also uses them.

Also remember to check the ITEM LIST

Items without a category (None) can be replaced by other items without a category. For example, even though it's the same size and color, a 2x1 white wooden low table can't replace the rocket because the table is in the "Base Table" category.

"Items categorized as 'None' can only be placed on the floor, can only replace starting furniture also labeled 'None', can never have anything placed on top of them, and can be placed in room marker spots."

Last edited:
Does Raymond have any 2x2 markers? I wanted to gift him an antique bed. I also just need some general help and I cannot message the person on discord or add him. Would anyone be willing to help me? My discord is J.#9227, I'd very much appreciate it!! Just trying to learn some of the basics. Like, do the colors have meaning on the item list? Thank you! I really need help with replacing Raymond's furniture!!

Also, I was working on replacing camofrog's and I cant find birdbath or monstera furniture so I dont know if it will replace? Would love help.

Last edited:
Does Raymond have any 2x2 markers? I wanted to gift him an antique bed. I also just need some general help and I cannot message the person on discord or add him. Would anyone be willing to help me? My discord is J.#9227, I'd very much appreciate it!! Just trying to learn some of the basics. Like, do the colors have meaning on the item list? Thank you! I really need help with replacing Raymond's furniture!!

Also, I was working on replacing camofrog's and I cant find birdbath or monstera furniture so I dont know if it will replace? Would love help.

Raymond has 2 1x1 markers and 1 1x2 marker. You can see it in the link in the OP.

Raymond has 2 1x1 markers and 1 1x2 marker. You can see it in the link in the OP.
Yes, I know about those. I just wanted to make sure he doesnt have a 2x1 marker. I dont know, Id just appreciate if we could talk on discord possibly?

Back