• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

dj_mask

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
So I see everyone on here trading FCs so that everyone can play with each other when the game is released. I'm afraid that if I allow people into my town, some people will be rude and chop down trees, run around to kill grass, etc. I know that there is the Dream Suite, but it would be nice to have some friends that I can play with. Obviously there are certain restrictions that Nintendo has set when there are visitors, but are there rules just for politeness, such as no running or shaking trees without permission. Just courteous rules when visiting towns. I'm just curious. Thank you in advance.

If someone on the boards truly ends up being malicious, let the forums know and no one will add them ever again.

Perhaps the community could create a generally accepted list of guidelines when you're in another town, but there's no way we can really enforce that. If anyone is up to it, start discussing it in this thread.

If someone on the boards truly ends up being malicious, let the forums know and no one will add them ever again.

I just want to add that while this sounds like a great idea in theory, it's also very easy to lie about these sort of things. The last thing we want is people being named and shamed for something they didn't even do.

Maybe when the games out there could be a thread where you could write if people had destroyed your town, or is that asking for a forum war?

Perhaps the community could create a generally accepted list of guidelines when you're in another town, but there's no way we can really enforce that. If anyone is up to it, start discussing it in this thread.

Just some ideas(These are not rules of my town btw):

-No buying items without owner's permission
-No shaking trees without owner's permission
-If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it
-No digging/chopping flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, or bamboo
-No depositing the last amount for a PWP
-No littering
-No picking up patterns
-No running
-No picking up random items whether it be in town or Lost and Found
-No pitfalls

Obviously, some of them are a bit over the top and crazy and that's why they aren't rules for my town but like I said, they are just ideas.

Last edited:
Just some ideas(These are not rules of my town btw):

-No buying items without owner's permission
-No shaking trees without owner's permission
-If finds a rare bug, inform the owner before catching it
-No digging/chopping flowers, rocks, trees, bushes, or bamboo
-No depositing the last amount for a PWP
-No littering
-No picking up patterns
-No running
-No picking up random items whether it be in town or Lost and Found
-No pitfalls

These are some interesting ideas. While some I would agree with, others I wouldn't mind. These are good though!

I just want to add that while this sounds like a great idea in theory, it's also very easy to lie about these sort of things. The last thing we want is people being named and shamed for something they didn't even do.

Yeah, that's true.
As you said, a general list of guidelines would probably be a better way to go.

Maybe when the games out there could be a thread where you could write if people had destroyed your town, or is that asking for a forum war?

Unfortunately that asks for a forum war and could potentially devolve into a blame circle/popularity contest.

My advice is to get to know the people you're interacting with before you add them. Find out who the mature players are, and then decide if you wish to add them.

Good luck!

No running XD -feels like the town is a museum-
but I get it, the grass gets spoiled? right? o.o

Perhaps in the Train Station section of the forums, there can be a locked, (or unlocked, doesn't really matter I suppose) thread for general online etiquette? A mod or admin could perhaps do it for us? :)

You can't pick up other people's patterns in this game - that's a plus. You can also put up an item for sale in Re-Tail if you want to sell to people rather than doing "drop-trade" and have someone else who's visiting steal the money or items.

You can't pick up other people's patterns in this game - that's a plus. You can also put up an item for sale in Re-Tail if you want to sell to people rather than doing "drop-trade" and have someone else who's visiting steal the money or items.

Really? Not being able to pick up other people's patterns is great!

There could be a sticky type of thread that's like a "blacklist" for people, which would involve their username and FC's.
It would be good to involve the FC since they could easily sign up with another username, but not another FC unless try destroy their everything by doing a factory reset. Of course, only admins can organize that list. You could like, write an admin about it, provide any screenshots of the damage they did or anything they said that could be used as evidence and if the admin deems it acceptable to be on the blacklist, the Username, FC and Town name can be added.

The only problem with a blacklist is that anyone can fake evidence and say someone else did it. Then it would be one user's word against another user's word and then fights would start. This sort of thing has happened in other forums I've been on.

I still haven't given my friendcode to anyone yet. I had a bad experience years ago with wild world on another site.. I won't give it out till I feel comfortable. :(

I agree that the idea of a blacklist is nice, but it could easily get thorny if someone lies about another person's conduct.

As for rules, Wheaton's Law is all you really need.

You could also just put a post your personal rules on your bulletin board in your town.

Ex: TBT Rules Apply + no fruit picking/- no running.

Back