• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Visitor Rules?

I also feel that since you have the power to buy items and sell fruit before you open up your doors that it shouldn't be a forum wide rule. And no pitfalls is ridiculous.

THIS. If you don't want people taking your perfect fruit, finding your fossils or cleaning out the stores... do it all yourself first.

- It doesn't matter which town you are in when you catch a rare bug or a fish, what's yours is yours (unless if you want to trade)

How would/can you trade fishies and bugs? Unless they made it so you could? o3o
(it would be awesome if they made it so you can!!!)

How would people fake a screenshot? Unless they provided one that wasn't theirs, but that's why I said provide evidence. I implied multiple evidence, not just once.

You could easily fake a screenshot. Go in your own town, cut/shake some trees/other vandalism, take a picture of the (self caused) destruction, and say someone else did it. I can't imagine why anyone would do this, but it could happen.

You could easily fake a screenshot. Go in your own town, cut/shake some trees/other vandalism, take a picture of the (self caused) destruction, and say someone else did it. I can't imagine why anyone would do this, but it could happen.

Sadly, this is the type of thing I was worried about earlier. You guys might think that it's crazy but the things kids will do to hurt someone they don't like... It would happen.

Well it should be a bit obvious that it what would have to be screenshotted are in the act moments. Especially as from the AC fandom, I've noticed a lot of "trolls" and just unpleasant people are quick to type something out to you either before they disconnect or as they do it.

I am sure that no one would do this, though I've had this happen to me before.

If anything, just try to wifi with someone with a good reputation if you are worried =) Pick people with a higher forum post count on here though I'm not trying to say you shouldn't trust newbies

How would/can you trade fishies and bugs? Unless they made it so you could? o3o
(it would be awesome if they made it so you can!!!)

I'm pretty sure you can mail them now (correct me if I'm wrong)

Well it should be a bit obvious that it what would have to be screenshotted are in the act moments. Especially as from the AC fandom, I've noticed a lot of "trolls" and just unpleasant people are quick to type something out to you either before they disconnect or as they do it.

Invite someone over and tell them you want help cutting down your trees. They start to help you, you screenshot it and post it on TBT saying they were destroying your town.

Alternatively, just simple misunderstandings that turn into a fight.

I'll admit that the scenario is fairly ridiculous, but I'm playing devil's advocate here. The possibility is there for something like that to happen.

Which is why I said this, Justin :p

I saw it on another forum, used with Pokemon, and trades and scams and junk and it worked really good. They even had a report system. Which involved bringing it to the moderators attention, and then the moderator went over both sides in a PT to make sure there wasn't a miscommunication. The decision was made then by the mod whether the person being accused was accused for actually doing what they were reported for or if it was just someone trying to be malicious.

Sure, that can solve most of it but it's also a boatload of work. I don't know about the rest of our staff but I don't know if I can see myself putting the time into running that. We spend enough time moderating the forums. For us to moderate what people do in their own games is going overboard.

I think it would easier on everyone, staff and members, if we all just used some common sense when adding people to our friend lists. General guidelines on how you should act in someone else's town can certainly be posted as suggested earlier by others but we can't really go around policing them.

Again, this is all just my opinion. The rest of our staff may feel differently.

Which is also why I said it may work or it may not. :>

But yeah, personally there can just be a rules and etiquette post. Those who follow it will obviously be recommended by members more than those who don't. It won't start a war unless someone starts one by saying things like
"don't invite justin to your town! He stole my delicious fruit trees and cut them all down!!!1!1!1!1!" And then the war would ensue because others may have had good experiences with you and this person probably didnt. It all does come down to common sense, as you said c:

EDIT: it also wouldn't kill some members to look at visitor messages. I know that if I wifi with a cool, respectful person, I'll make sure to let them know so by posting a nice visitor message ^^

Nintendo should have put in axes not being able to work when someone is in your town.. Just like the paths not being able to be picked up.. Chopping tress down was the worst thing to happen to me.. But then again I guess that's why they made the dream suite

Nintendo should have put in axes not being able to work when someone is in your town.. Just like the paths not being able to be picked up.. Chopping tress down was the worst thing to happen to me.. But then again I guess that's why they made the dream suite

I always thought it would nice if there was some sort of a "control panel" when people are in your town... Like, you could disable things to protect your town if you weren't playing with good friends. Turn axes off, turn shovels off, turn off flower picking, turn off pattern picking (well they got that), turn off tree shaking, etc.

Although I guess it might feel a bit complex for a game like Animal Crossing. Really just loops back to the common sense thing.

I always thought it would nice if there was some sort of a "control panel" when people are in your town... Like, you could disable things to protect your town if you weren't playing with good friends. Turn axes off, turn shovels off, turn off flower picking, turn off pattern picking (well they got that), turn off tree shaking, etc.

Although I guess it might feel a bit complex for a game like Animal Crossing. Really just loops back to the common sense thing.
yep. I agree. Just be more careful on who you invite over. Don't just invite randoms and people need to respect your town. :)

If it's someone's first visit to your town, just follow them closely and if they start vandalizing reset your game. The thing that scares me the most is hacking/bricking (I'm not really sure what it's called)... in WW someone visited and when they left my gate had disappeared... I'm not sure if that can be done on NL but it sucked because I didn't realize it until they were gone and had to reset my town after :(

I trust people too much, thats mostly how my CF game got so wrecked :c

The last time I played this game, I was very young and didn't really get to invite people over. I've never thought about this stuff happening. Though I suppose it won't. Only people I'm really gonna have over is my best friend and people with braaainnnss. If said best friend does anything dumb, I'll just murder his life. If brrraaaaiiinnsss people do anything dumb, well... I don't suppose they will, since they have brains.

Back