Wal-Mart vs Target

Which retail chain do you like more?

• Total voters
We have a Target store near us and I go there more often, so Target for me. Our Wal-Mart is bigger and has everything including yarn, but it's farther and we don't go there as often.

I prefer Target because I've been to Target more than Wal-Mart, and have a lot of fond memories looking at the toys/games as a kid. Aside from Toys R Us that was THE place for cool stuff, for me at least.

Neither, because my country doesn't have them so I don't have any real opinion of them.

I live very near to a Target and a Walmart.I like Target better because it's a lot cleaner and more organized and they don't have a lot of stuff locked up like Walmart.

I use WalMart more. Both of them are located near roads that I don't like. On top of that, I don't think WalMart is a comfortable store at all. It gives me a stuffy 'corporate' vibe whenever I go into it. Target is a bit friendlier in aesthetic.

It depends on what I need. For daily use products (paper products, vitamins, toothbrushes, etc), I prefer Wal-Mart because they're cheaper and one is just as good as another. For clothing or housewares, I'll usually go to Target because the quality is a little better and I want those items to last longer.

I voted Wal-Mart for cost, although in my neighborhood there is a chance of violence while shopping. There never seems to be trouble at Target.

Target has better stuff though.

I prefer target mainly because it’s so much cleaner than the Walmart by me. I also go to target more often since it’s really close by

I voted Wal-Mart, but maybe a little biased because I worked there for four years. The employee discount was great for food! It was my longest held job, and left because we moved. I didn’t dislike anything about the job. There isn’t any Walmart close to where I live. The closest one is, like, 10 miles away. This means I have to rely on other grocery chains such as Target, or two of the more local ones near me.

Target is pretty expensive compared to the other grocery stores near me. I only buy the few grocery items at Target that are actually cheap.

Maybe Target? There is one Walmart, but it's pretty far from where I live and it's kinda rundown and doesn't have a lot. It's usually empty like a snowstorm passed by and everyone panic hoarded. I don't buy from either that much anyway.

I prefer walmart for your anything needs. Target is overpriced for their grocery and pharmacy needs. I only like Target for their doll toy selection and the ability to price match almost any item from almost any website. Target has less stuff too than walmart, I have 3 close by Targets and none of them are super targets so I don't have the experience of a big target. My walmarts are all super walmarts so I get stuff way more at there than target. I only go to target for dolls and that's it. I do hate that walmart doesn't have any sales because they claim they already have "cheaper prices at a good deal". When nowadays it's not very good deals as they think it is. Meijer has better deals when it comes to sales. Meijer is also my other go to place for food.
Post automatically merged:

Neither, because my country doesn't have them so I don't have any real opinion of them.
Do you have a Kmart? That's like walmart. I know they're only popular in Australia and another place(don't remember).

target for casual browsing for things i don't really need (or if i'm just stopping to pick up a few things). i know this is a pretty typical view of wal-mart, but the environment there is strange. i don't feel totally safe inside or outside the wal-mart in my town, but i have never felt like that at target.

I like Target for the quality and a more pleasant shopping experience and Walmart for the prices and big crafting area.
EDIT: Target is my favorite.

Last edited:
target: i like the store aesthetics more and the item quality is overall better even though my local one has had several bomb threats and robberies 😭 i never go to that particular location anyway.

my local walmart was so run down, it got shut down. it was a mess in there and the people there were a little odd but the store 20 minutes from me isn’t too bad.

my vote: target.

the nearest target is 30 minutes away and there are two Walmarts way closer by, so i only ever go to walmart. ive only been to target a handful of times in my life so i choose walmart

I usually go to Target out of these two, although I don't go to either that often. Usually if I'm buying groceries I just order delivery from Kroger, lmao.

Neither would be my go-to, I do most of my shopping online nowadays. I don't have a target in my city & only have a Walmart so that would get my vote by default.

Back