• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why yes I'm very happy not going to war. And also look who's talking *censored.7.4*.

If you mean "Gay" as in stupid or bad, you are an offensive little punk who has no respect for homosexuals. Yes, I may be 11, but even I, Nook, have more knowledge. Lets quote Wikipedia, shall we?

Wikipedia said:
At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger generations of speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. The extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has been debated.
If you have too much problems comprehending it, I can give a translation that you may understand.

In parts of the world, "gay" is used as different meanings. Little American punks who have no respect to some people use "gay" as "stupid" or "rubbish" instead of homosexuality, carefree, or happy. When "gay" is used like that, it does not mean "homosexuality" and can refer to non-living object or a certain concept that a person may not like or even hate. It has been debated whether that usage may have references to homosexuality.

[Nook said:
,May 20 2010, 11:43:45 PM]If you mean "Gay" as in stupid or bad, you are an offensive little punk who has no respect for homosexuals. Yes, I may be 11, but even I, Nook, have more knowledge. Lets quote Wikipedia, shall we?

Wikipedia said:
At about the same time, a new, pejorative use became prevalent in some parts of the world. In the Anglosphere, this connotation, among younger generations of speakers, has a derisive meaning equivalent to rubbish or stupid (as in "That's so gay."). In this use the word does not mean "homosexual", so it can be used, for example, to refer to an inanimate object or abstract concept of which one disapproves. The extent to which it still retains connotations of homosexuality has been debated.
If you have too much problems comprehending it, I can give a translation that you may understand.

In parts of the world, "gay" is used as different meanings. Little American punks who have no respect to some people use "gay" as "stupid" or "rubbish" instead of homosexuality, carefree, or happy. When "gay" is used like that, it does not mean "homosexuality" and can refer to non-living object or a certain concept that a person may not like or even hate. It has been debated whether that usage may have references to homosexuality.
11? :DD

And, I was thinking that's what he meant. Everyone talks like that, I sometimes do... not really much anymore.

But still, what's the point of this thread? :\

Edit: Well, not everyone. Usually just kids.

[Nook said:
,May 20 2010, 11:43:45 PM]If you mean "Gay" as in stupid or bad, you are an offensive little punk who has no respect for homosexuals. Yes, I may be 11, but even I, Nook, have more knowledge. Lets quote Wikipedia, shall we?

Wikipedia said:

Why "Little American punks"?
And why would anyone quote Wikipedia? XD

I'm sure it was just a joke, a rude one, but a joke nonetheless.

Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:

Wikipedia said:

And, I was thinking that's what he meant. Everyone talks like that, I sometimes do... not really much anymore.

My age has nothing to do with this matter. What I mean is that today's American youth shouldn't be going around dissing gays.

[Nook said:
,May 21 2010, 12:10:06 AM]
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:

Wikipedia said:

My age has nothing to do with this matter. What I mean is that today's American youth shouldn't be going around dissing gays.
I know, I was saying it's cool you're 11. I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHY I THINK THAT.

Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I presume you're around eleven?

[Nook said:
,May 21 2010, 12:15:57 AM]
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
Correct you are.

Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
Correct you are.
I do hope you have the ability to comprehend my varied vocabulary?

ON-TOPIC:
I may not be a homosexual, but even I know to respect them, as they have not done anything to me and therefore I shall not harm or disrespect them.

[Nook said:
,May 21 2010, 12:20:06 AM]
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
Correct you are.

ON-TOPIC:
I may not be a homosexual, but even I know to respect them, as they have not done anything to me and therefore I shall not harm or disrespect them.
Of course I do, silly! Ahaha hahah... ahh.. ehh.

Well, kindaish.

[Nook said:
,May 21 2010, 12:20:06 AM]
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:
,(time=)]
Lisamilitz said:
Correct you are.

ON-TOPIC:
Did someone leave a vaccum on?

You have no reason to respect them. Respecting someone because of their sexual preference is idiocy. Respect should be earned, not given freely because it's pc or the popular thing here to do. If you mean that you are okay with them or like them or etc then okay.

[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:

Wikipedia said:

Funny, I don't see hatin at my High School.

Tom said:
[Nook said:
Lisamilitz said:
[Nook said:

Funny, I don't see hatin at my High School.
Funny, that's one messed up high-school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back