• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Warning to people who like planting trees

Hold the phone. Your native language is "Irish"? The irish people speak english, unless you're referring to Gaelic... which is nearly extinct.

lol Irish is mostly spoken in the west of Ireland. Thankfully not the south where I'm from because I hate the language but I have to learn it in school.

Hold the phone. Your native language is "Irish"? The irish people speak english, unless you're referring to Gaelic... which is nearly extinct.

Not all irish people speak english.I have seen people in ireland with messed up french
I know some Gaelic and I wonder to me why do i know it if its almost a dead language

There is another glitch that KFCrossing found here's a vid. Also, we all new this is the new "Windmill or Lighthouse glitch" :D Gonna try it out when AC:NL comes out.

There is another glitch that KFCrossing found here's a vid. Also, we all new this is the new "Windmill or Lighthouse glitch" :D Gonna try it out when AC:NL comes out.

I remember this one! Same glitch that was used to get on top of the houses right? I remember seeing that glitch vid a few weeks after the JP release date I think. I hope they do patch it for US and JP later on.

Why do you want it patched? It's harmless and always cool to see stuff that you're not supposed to see (look at my avatar). Now if you could exploit that outer boundary to make money somehow, then yes, I would agree with patching it.

It's a bug, and it's not supposed to happen.

It needs to be fixed. It might be fun and cool for some people, but there is always that tiny little percent that the bug could crash a game for someone and possibly make them have to revert back to their previous save or worse.

R.I.P. to the Mint in that video. Lost to corrupted saved data. :p

Whether it was from this glitch or not, I'll never know.
AC:NL in general is quite buggy. Many Japanese players have had problems with freezing and the saved data corrupting. I'm hoping the NA and EU versions will have this fixed.

Now if you could exploit that outer boundary to make money somehow, then yes, I would agree with patching it.
There's a bug where money and other items can be duped. I haven't tried it because I've lost enough towns. It accidentally happened to the person who made this thread.

I never mess with bugs and glitches, myself. (Well besides Missingno. Who DIDN'T mess with Missingno when they had the first gen pokemon games?) I'm too scared they'll destroy everything I've been working on. D: That would be horrible.

It's a bug, and it's not supposed to happen.

It needs to be fixed. It might be fun and cool for some people, but there is always that tiny little percent that the bug could crash a game for someone and possibly make them have to revert back to their previous save or worse.

It wouldn't do worse than freeze, and you save when someone connects over wifi anyways so its not a big deal if you're dedicating a wifi session to it. It gives you something else to do.

This glitch does NOT corrupt save data; those players that are having problems have faulty SD cards and it can happen with any game. An SD card can work normally for music and pictures and such but then have a hard time accessing AC map data and other stuff if its not constructed well.

Just because a bug doesn't cause harm doesn't mean it doesn't need removed. If something isn't supposed to happen in a game, it should be fixed as the game isn't running as properly as it should. The fact it doesn't really cause any visible harm just means it's a bug that would be fixed after the more serious ones.

It wouldn't do worse than freeze, and you save when someone connects over wifi anyways so its not a big deal if you're dedicating a wifi session to it. It gives you something else to do.

This glitch does NOT corrupt save data; those players that are having problems have faulty SD cards and it can happen with any game. An SD card can work normally for music and pictures and such but then have a hard time accessing AC map data and other stuff if its not constructed well.

Physical copies can corrupt too. Sometimes when someone connects to another town, while saving, and loses the connection, it can cause problems. I had some flowers duplicate as a result of that.

This site is in Japanese, but Chrome can translate it. It mentions both the Digital and Physical copies corrupting and having issues with freezing.
http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2135287209490729501

Last edited:
I get that problem on ACCF sometimes. And I know you guys are total purists who want to have your games bug free, even if they are harmless, but lots of people like that feeling of discovering things and seeing things they're not supposed to see, including me. When I found out that if you noclip above your town in WW and keep going up until you loop back to your town that you get a ghost version of your town with no collision data, my mind was blown. I had the same feeling in the chao garden out of bounds glitch in SA2. It was so cool floating past the skybox.

Oh, I can read most Japanese writing so I don't need a translator :)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, could these freezing and corruption glitches be the reason that the game is taking so long to release outside of Asia?

I want my town to be as bug free as possible because I've already lost two towns due to the saved data corrupting. I'm tired of losing everything and having to start over.

I can only hope that NOE and NOA are doing something to fix these problems. NOJ doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

You may not need the translator, but there are others who will need it.

TheBigJC7777777 has been getting hit with the freezing glitches almost on a weekly basis now. He knows more about it than I do. I only get the corruption problems.

I get that problem on ACCF sometimes. And I know you guys are total purists who want to have your games bug free, even if they are harmless, but lots of people like that feeling of discovering things and seeing things they're not supposed to see, including me. When I found out that if you noclip above your town in WW and keep going up until you loop back to your town that you get a ghost version of your town with no collision data, my mind was blown. I had the same feeling in the chao garden out of bounds glitch in SA2. It was so cool floating past the skybox.

Oh, I can read most Japanese writing so I don't need a translator :)

EDIT: Now that I think of it, could these freezing and corruption glitches be the reason that the game is taking so long to release outside of Asia?

It's not the fact that anyone is a purist. Bugs and glitches are called that because they're problems, things that don't need to be in the game. I completely understand that you find it interesting to do those things, because I'm interested it as well. But I would rather know the game I'm playing was worked on well enough to not have those problems.

As Mint's mentioned, completely starting over is annoying. And as it goes, curiosity killed the cat.
Messing around with bugs and glitches are the easiest and quickest way to ruin all of the work you put into your game. Even if it's seemingly harmless, the game isn't intended to run like that and eventually it'll cause problems.

That's kinda like saying " i just found out that this brand new car i bought is missing a few bolts! but they're only bolt's that act as minor support points so its ok...." that being said do you really want glitches and bugs despite how minor they seem to be in a game that your paying full price for? Not me, just like i wouldnt want to buy a car that is missing some pieces, sure you might not think it a big deal then, but down the road when that little vibration gets worse and worse, you gonna wish it had those extra bolts....

For some reason, I've been having an average of one crash per week now. I can't tell where the problem really came from, because there may be numerous factors affecting my game. It could be the insane amount of flowers and patterns over my town that are causing some strain. It could be after I placed certain community projects. It could be due of on how I progressed in the game. It could due of whatever reason I can't seem to acknowledge. And I swear that I had no problem like that with my other games, both digitally and physically. I suspect that it has to do with the way that the game handles data is buggy at the moment, because all of my crashes happened during the loading screen.

At least, I do know the more things the game will have to save, the more likely my game is going to prematurely crash. And if I play online, the chances of freezing are significantly higher, probably because the game will have more things to save.

I must say honestly that this is why I wait for the European version's of some games..
I think that first edition copies of a game (whichever region it is released in first) nearly always seems to be problematic versions.

I usually plant one at a time so I've never seen this glitch. I'll be careful not to overdo it but I think I've got the perfect amount of trees in my town now.

Back