• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Warning to people who like planting trees

That's kinda like saying " i just found out that this brand new car i bought is missing a few bolts! but they're only bolt's that act as minor support points so its ok...." that being said do you really want glitches and bugs despite how minor they seem to be in a game that your paying full price for? Not me, just like i wouldnt want to buy a car that is missing some pieces, sure you might not think it a big deal then, but down the road when that little vibration gets worse and worse, you gonna wish it had those extra bolts....

I highly doubt the glitch is corrupting the game. Walking outside of boundaries will not affect the save file at all. It's not like you can plant anything or drop anything out there, a message tells you you can't. The biggest risk is freezing the game once. Your analogy would work better if you could modify the outside acres and plant trees and stuff out there. I think the people that are getting corrupt save files are the ones who are planting trees and putting patterns everywhere they possibly can which is messing up the save file. It's stupid that it happens and I REALLY hope NOA and NEU are fixing these problems. I hope it's the reason it's taking so long.

For now, if you have the digital copy, back up your saves to your computer. I did it for other games and it worked.

I was today planting trees in a area of my town...

I planted then in a nice order with patterns

When they were full grown...

I was to see that dead sapplings were infinite and i destroyed my trees that i planted that day to get rid of the glitch...

Just a warning AC:NL has very annoying glitches when it comes to planting

This isn't a glitch, this has been in Animal Crossing games for years, even in Population Growing. You just need to separate the trees by one space, which is the size of one pattern, and make sure the tree isn't a space in front or behind another tree. :lemon:

This isn't a glitch, this has been in Animal Crossing games for years, even in Population Growing. You just need to separate the trees by one space, which is the size of one pattern, and make sure the tree isn't a space in front or behind another tree. :lemon:

Re-read the thread, I think you misunderstood the glitch.

Jimmy, you need to understand that people want a game that plays smoothly. I agree that finding bugs and glitches can be fun, but there's a point that you just need to deal with these people's opinions.
You're coming across pretty mean spirited.

Jimmy, you need to understand that people want a game that plays smoothly. I agree that finding bugs and glitches can be fun, but there's a point that you just need to deal with these people's opinions.
You're coming across pretty mean spirited.

I can be a little overly cynical sometimes, but I don't think I was mean at all in this thread. I was stressing my opinion that it would be a pointless idea and a waste of time and money to fix a harmless and kinda cool out-of-bounds glitch. If you want a smooth gaming experience, don't do bizarre stuff such as run towards the corner of the announcement board and have someone dig a hole under you.

At the same time you're stressing your opinions about wanting the glitches, people are also stressing their opinions about not wanting the glitches. I personally don't want it. While it may be "cool" and "fun" to you, to others it may not be, but that's what opinions are about.

Opinions are like internal organs, everyone has them

Exactly, and I'm not calling anyone stupid or misguided for not wanting the out-of-bounds glitches that I want, I'm just explaining why I (and many other people) would like for them to stay.

No but you are coming off as a bit of a jerk. You probably don't mean to, but you still do. And I haven't seen many people that actually want them. :eek: I've seen a few comments on other forums and stuff go "oh yeah those are cool" but not many go "I want to do that"
Majority of the comments are actually like the ones in this thread and hoping that there is a patch

You probably visit communities like this one and ACC most often then. Much more kid-friendly both in terms of appropriateness and just the way people talk about and think about things in general. It's why I sometimes lose my patience a bit here and especially at ACC, cause it's a bit of a tough transition from a place such as Sonic Retro, a site pretty much dedicated to ripping apart and finding glitches and Easter eggs in video games and getting into technical terms about things. General video game know-how pretty much says that the out of bounds glitch here is harmless and considering how you activate it in the first place, not many people know about it and it won't happen by accident very often, and if it does you can walk around to the train tracks and back into your town if you don't want to participate.

I don't bother much with ACC because they're a bit too much with their strict rules and bit of naive and ignorant users. And I'm using ignorant in its actual term when it comes to that community. I frequent Neoseeker most of all, with gamefaqs a bit here and there, and both enjoy glitches and stuff, but it isn't a website mostly dedicated to ripping things apart glitch by glitch :p

I agree, I once got banned from ACC for mentioning that I hacked to remove brick seeds from ACWW whenever it happened. They also removed my post when I explained how to use Animalmap to remove brick seeds. It could have saved the original poster from having to buy a new copy and they only had to buy a cheapo little flash card. The site's also kind of ugly, at least compared to this one. But enough of that, I like both sites so I'm not going to trash ACC too much.

Might as well. ACC is often smashed and trash talked here, and for good reason.

Like you've said, you got banned and had posts removed for trying to help. We've got tons of members here who have migrated over from ACC because of stupid crap like that. I think there was one mention of a member getting in trouble for saying "oh my god".

If you're going to have a power abusive staff, then you're going to have an out of control community.
and yes, their site is ugly as sin.

There are some aesthetic parts of the site I like, but what really turns me off is I'm one of those people who have certain FC's not available to public view and how I don't like having random newbies add me (which happens 10-15 times a week), and then in a little group thread we had for future fruit trading, I explained that and someone decided to report my post for bypassing the friend code feature and a mod came and chastised me for it. What's the point of having a site that heavily depends on friend codes in the game and I am not able to share my FC? >_> it's why I prefer this site and Neo. At least on Neo it's a friendly atmosphere.

The only other thing I can say good about ACC is they have a lot if topics, but they're mostly rehashes of topics on the next page.
The page that gets deleted not long after...if I can add that

I really hate how disorganized their FCR system is... someone sends you a request and you accept it, then you have to click into the game or system you want and search manually for the username of the person you added. If you wait to add their Friend Code, their username will disappear from your request list, meaning you will have to do a LOT of searching and comparing between your game's friend roster and your friend list on the site. It's not organized by date or anything and, while the concept is good, it's just messy. Why not just let us do stuff traditionally and maybe by doing a friend-request-esque thing, you can still have the thing on the left that shows when you or registered friends are online.

Did I mention the admin that banned me for that initial hack mention was 13?

Because they won't. I really spend some time there because I like collecting those bells that pop up at times :L
I don't bother searching FC, I already added who I wanted to have from the thread so that's it. I plan on adding more people from here and I have a good amount from Neo as well.

I do love the bell system there, as kind of a thank-you for not using an adblocker. Too bad they have had a functional shop "coming soon" for years now. Same thing with CF maps.

They gave those bells to the forum visitors as a way to keep them preoccupied and collect it lol

It's like the guy who gives his needy girlfriend an engagement ring just to shut her up for years until he's ready

Last edited:
I do love the bell system there, as kind of a thank-you for not using an adblocker. Too bad they have had a functional shop "coming soon" for years now. Same thing with CF maps.

Haha, it's a bit extremely over do for the CF maps. It's like why even bother now? They probably won't. Not with New Leaf coming so soon.

But would they even bother with the New Leaf maps?

Back