• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Warning to people who like planting trees

They gave those bells to the forum visitors as a way to keep them preoccupied and collect it lol

It's like the guy who gives his needy girlfriend an engagement ring just to shut her up for years until he's ready

But then they never get married.

Exactly. It gets to a point where the needy girlfriend gives up and finds someone else to give her a ring. :>

Nah, most needy girls and guys just go for the next best thing, ie, the person willing to reciprocate with the most attention.
:p

Forum visitors do the same thing. They look for the one with the most positive attention

Might as well. ACC is often smashed and trash talked here, and for good reason.

Like you've said, you got banned and had posts removed for trying to help. We've got tons of members here who have migrated over from ACC because of stupid crap like that. I think there was one mention of a member getting in trouble for saying "oh my god".

If you're going to have a power abusive staff, then you're going to have an out of control community.
and yes, their site is ugly as sin.

THAT WAS ME THAT WAS ME

Man, I guess I dodged a bullet there.

ACC was one of the forums I was thinking of joining for AC related stuff before I stumbled upon Justin's New Leaf Blog and then this gem of a community.

The only thing ACC is good for are the guides and the "My Towns" and catalogue feature, and you can still probably find anything like that just by google searching. It would be nice if here put up a catalogue list and a little town info like them, then there would be 0 reason to go there again.

The only thing ACC is good for are the guides and the "My Towns" and catalogue feature, and you can still probably find anything like that just by google searching. It would be nice if here put up a catalogue list and a little town info like them, then there would be 0 reason to go there again.

Pretty sure there is a suggestions thread somewhere in the HQ.

If there isn't, it'd probably still be a good idea to make a thread there if you want the staff to see it.

I would love a catalog here. And the best part about one being here is that we can actually offer suggestions and be listened to on it.

Would it be against the rules to make a "ACC Complaints" thread?

I also think I map thing here would be nice too but meh not bothered if it gets implemented or not

IMO that avatar shop thing seems like a waste of money to me right now I highly doubt it'd even use it.
I'll have to wait and see until it gets released until I decide though, but atm I'm not liking it and think it's a waste

I think that the discussion went a bit off-topic now, but I'll voice out my opinions between ACC and TBT regardless.

When we talk about how bad is ACC, my concerns with a significant part of members immediately comes into my mind. Some that can't even properly use grammar and slip obvious typos more often.
They seem like they take things waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously for my tastes. I mean, ACC's Economy, really? They kinda act like that ACC is the center of universe!

The website is just decent, but there's a lot of problems stemming from the design itself. To sum it all up, I would go with the word "convoluted". First off, the patronizing Friend Code Request (FCR) system is too cumbersome. Why enforcing anyone to use that system by not letting them post their friend codes on the threads and even the private messages?
Second, the fonts are too small, and the spacing is cramped. You'll be more likely to accidentally click on the wrong link often than any of the other websites.
And third, unintuitive menus. Like the FCR system, a large part of the website is as cumbersome as they can get. Need I say more?

The Bell Tree Forums is much, much better than ACC. It pretty much eliminates the problems that ACC currently have, and it's handled in a more consistent way. With how much effort that Justin puts in his blog and stuff, I'm pretty sure that it will eventually beat ACC to punch as the most popular Animal Crossing forums.

Back on the topic, I guess.

Well, I recently removed a lot of things in my town. I got rid half of the bamboo trees I have, trampled 75% of my non-hybrid flowers, and removed a large portion of patterns on the ground. I hope this will decrease the chances of my game freezing again.

Back