• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What am I going to do?

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hi, so yesterday I decided to tear down one of my villager houses as I did not need it any more. I have done this many times before so I didn't really look which button I pressed and I ignored Isabelle's woeful speech. I returned to the title screen and proceeded to select my main character however, the screen read, "New Game" I was mortified! I had just deleted my beautiful town of Acorns ! :( I had seven of my ten dreamies and lots of hybrid flowers. I was playing on the animal crossing XL and I was wondering if there is any data recover feature? If not how am I to motivate myself to start out a new town and get used to the layout and villagers?

Thanks for reading

You just need to find better map layout this time. Look for strategic map, like town plaza at the center of your map, re-tail shop side by side to town hall, or maybe look at your rock placement whether it's blocking your plan or not.

Oh no :( so sorry to hear that. You've been kind to me so I can help you out in any way I can, I have a bunch of hybrids and sets you could catalog if you'd like when you get started! And a bunch of clothes/random furniture in my museum storage that I don't use if you'd like to pick some out?

I would actually be horrified if this happened to me. I always feel like if I ever lost my town somehow, I wouldn't be able to restart. I have a second game that I use to cycle through villagers and it has literally nothing. And everytime I go back to my main town I realize how far I've come and how hard I've worked on it. I'm willing to help you out any way you need. Hybrids, tools, clothes, whatever. Just let me know.

...and this is why I rarely speed through text...

Sorry it happened to you. At least now you can choose something you want. You have the past experience and now you'll know what you'll want and stuff.

Oh God, that's terrible. Did you not look at the bottom screen to see what you were clicking/

Sadly no :( It's just so annoying knowing that I could of prevented it so easily :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've been playing since release date too :(

I'm so sorry. I have a alt town that i recreate very often and i always make sure its not my actual town. Thats such a scary thing.
As far as I know there is no data recovery. I hope you decide to pick up the game again!

:0 that's horrible :(
It's Isabelle's fault though, since when you're demolishing a home, she doesn't mention the character's name until after the house is demolished....

:0 that's horrible :(
It's Isabelle's fault though, since when you're demolishing a home, she doesn't mention the character's name until after the house is demolished....
This isn't true actually. When she goes all "WHAT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?" she asks you something along the lines of "Are you sure you want to demolish your house, *insert name here*?" before you confirm.

Nonetheless, I'm still really sorry to hear this has happened to you, OP! Don't beat yourself up over it, and I hope you'll find the motivation to start a new town again!

Last edited:
I did this on CF I was GUTTED! It'll take time but you can improve on things you didn't like last time? Just look on the bright side! The dreamies will come back :D

Ah man I'm so sorry that happened!!

On the bright side, you know what you want now and you have time to make an even MORE beautiful town!!

Back