• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

So, I cut myself at work last night and it was bleeding for, like, 15 minutes but it did stop. The wound is still open but it’s covered with a bandage. It’s not that big, though. It’s very small. I’m happy about this because it wasn’t a bad enough cut to get stitches, lol.
I’m happy that I watched a few episodes of MHA last night.
I’m happy about the very warm weather lately.
I just saw Keagan and was able to get a few good pictures of him! This is one of the better pictures. You can see my leg in the reflection, lol.
E8DAEAF7-7A97-4AFF-8162-DE10B2B44C05.jpeg

Today I'm happy because:

- I slept deeply and got to sleep in this morning.
- I woke up feeling rested and with almost no back pain.
- I didn't have to work today.
- The weather was wonderful today, 60 degrees and sunny, and the crazy winds we've had the past few days finally died down.
- Despite having to deal with some stressful things today, I didn't let it get me too upset.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.

Today was a little busy with some errands to run, but aside from that there's a few things I'm happy about! c:
I've got a couple things on pre-order to look forward to now! Both will probably be in the latter half of the year, so a ways away, but I'm still quite excited! c:
I finished every page in the coloring book I've been working on! I've had it for quite some time and it's looking a little worse for wear at this point, but I love that the whole thing has been completed. ^^
Played DQVII for a little while again today too!

I actually commissioned an artist on Fiverr for some art recently and the result is insane. It’s actually supposed to be me, in a way. It’s how I see myself anyway, even though my eyes are in fact green and not a dark blue as it is portrayed in the art. It just matches better, lol. I’m insanely happy with the result and it was well worth it.
*ignores the fact that I still can’t figure out the whole image url thing so I was bruteforcing until the picture showed up lmao* (it only took two minutes this time)
I’m currently eating some spicy chicken noodle soup and it’s amazing. It’s one of my favorite soups.
Speaking of art, all of the entries for the recent event are amazing and it makes me see all of the beautiful art.
I’ve gotten pretty great sleep the past few nights. I’m going to stay up a bit tonight, though, because I’m off work tomorrow.
Work today got a bit ugly for the last hour of my shift, so we got out late. I did get twenty extra minutes of pay in, though.
I feel inclined to share more pictures of Keagan because I cannot get enough of this dog.
F4C0C959-6B75-454D-801D-385AA822580B.jpeg
88CBB6BC-AC63-43A6-8964-87D1DF48D3DC.jpeg
D4F3F597-6D6F-4E69-909E-81B5FA2E0969.jpeg

I'm happy about:
-I finished two drawings and actually liked the results for once
-I bought more frames so I can start glass painting again
-I washed my cat after he went outside and rolled in dirt yesterday and now he's fluffy and soft again (but hates me lol)
-And I ordered Horizon Forbidden West and I'm excited to play it once it arrives!

• Haven't posted in this thread in a few days because I've been depressed and haven't been able to feel happy about anything but today my annual apartment code enforcement inspection went well so I'm very happy/relieved about that. They always make me nervous.
  • I have an appointment with my psychiatrist tomorrow morning. I'm really glad about that because I need something done with my meds, some kind of dose increase or change to help with some of the things I've been struggling with a lot lately.
  • I have all of today to do whatever I want so I'm going to watch some shows, play some games, and read
  • I woke up to my cat licking my nose and purring lol

Today I'm happy because:

- I had an easy day at work.
- I had my yearly review and it went well. I'm getting a good raise and a nice bonus.
- It's still pretty warm outside, although I'm not happy that it's supposed to rain for the rest of the week.
- My mom may have made some progress on getting my brother's money that's been stuck in the bank for a year.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch this evening.

I played a little more DQVII, and got through the Gröndal scenario!
I was also able to start volume 7 of Durarara!! today! My mom's already nearly caught up with me and she wants me to stay about a book ahead of her, so it was about time for me to get back into it. I'm also still glad that we're reading the same stuff again after so long!
I've been winding down this evening by starting one of my new coloring books and catching up on some livestreams I missed, so that's been nicely relaxing.

Welcome back to another semi-daily post of me posting in this thread lol:
  • I had a lot of hours of sleep.
  • Played GT Sport and completed more race events. I'm wondering if I'll even finish them all on time before March 4th haha. Anyway, I bought a couple of cars and did some time trials with them to test the limits and adapt my driving.
  • I watched some Youtube videos that made me laugh really hard to the point I needed to take a bit of a breather. 😆
The rest of the points have something to do with New Leaf which is pleasantly surprising.
  • I got to hear the hourly themes of 10 PM and 11 PM. Needless to say, it's pretty nostalgic hearing them again. It reminds me of the time leaving my 3DS on overnight with the charger plugged in and being a rebel secretly playing under the blankets while my parents were asleep during the weekends lol.
  • Spoke to some of my villagers again and did a couple of favours as well.
  • When 11 PM rolled around, I got to see the aurora! Even with 3DS graphics, it still looks very beautiful.
  • This last point is the one that made me the happiest: I got a golden badge from Phineas! It's the one where you have furniture refurbished by Cyrus. Perhaps picking up the refurbished furniture that I totally didn't pick up in months or maybe even a year most likely made Phineas appear. It's been a very long time since I've acquired a badge in this game.

i got up in time for my lecture!!! lately i have had huge problems with oversleeping, due to not falling asleep at a reasonable time and then sleeping/not getting out of bed for 10 hours. it's a bad situation and i try to get up early every day but i fail almost every single day unless i have something i have to do, like a scheduled lecture at 10 am. now, i know 10 am is pretty late but it's better than 12 pm to even 1 pm which are the times i got up yesterday and this monday. my goal is to get up at 9 am tomorrow despite not having anything scheduled until 3 pm. i hateeee late lectures because it is so much harder for me to get work done before than after but it is what it is.

also i'm really excited about my sister and her family coming to visit in april and i am looking for gifts for my niece's 1st birthday on the 6th of april!!

I should be getting paid today from my primary job, and a deposit from Ebay coming in a day or two.
I am off work tomorrow, so I have a good bit of free time to relax and play video games.
I found the perfect gameplay sliders for Madden 22 that I’m currently happy with. Not too difficult or easy.
I slept very well last night and woke up feeling refreshed in spite of me binge watching MHA for a few hours, lol.

My PoPo's hospital visit the other day went very well! Her surgery has been finished and she is now resting at home! YAY! 💖
I played City Folk yesterday and I sold my fruit orchard for 72K bells!! 💰
I started plucking weeds and deleting the millions of patterns placed down in my second ACNL town of Rainbow since I have finally gotten all of my amiibo villagers moved into the correct spots! The path plot resetting is so confusing and time consuming!! 🏠
Today is super sunny and the weather is so nice!! I can tell Spring is coming in fast! 🌳
Because of this weather I get to go walking with my parents later!!🚶‍♂️🚶‍♀️🚶‍♂️
I finished a few more signatures for my shop and am almost done with a new one! 💻🖌
My school work was surprisingly easy today so I have more time to draw and paint some BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! 🎨🖌🖼📗
I MADE SOME STRAWBERRY LEMONADE SO I HAVE QUNECHED MY THIRST 🍓🥤💦

• I had a good appointment with my psychiatrist today. She made an increase to one of my meds so I'll see how that goes, hopefully it's helpful.
  • I'm almost finished with the anime Blue Period, I've really enjoyed it
  • I might take a nap because I'm starting to get really tired
  • My cat woke me up this morning purring and snuggling up to me
  • I played with my cat for awhile this morning, threw her mice toys around and she chased them

- Better day at work, for once. Monday and Tuesday were stressful and slow respectively so nice with some balance
- Found a super cute Anna Sui x Sailor Moon handbag at a sale today!
- Also found a manga I've been eyeing for some time!
- Also posted my giveaway after giving it good thoughts. Enter please uwu

oof, been a while since i've posted in here again, so here we go:

my cat went to the vets yesterday to have his teeth looked at. they removed the one i suspected was rotten and, presumably, cleaned all the others. it was a pricey (£316) but still cheaper than some places, and it means i can give back the money my nan loaned me for it. he's fine now, thankfully. i don't know if the tooth was hurting him or not, but at least it's gone now so it can't get worse.
the crumb plush i pre-ordered all the way back in september arrived! she's huge. the website did describe her as 1ft, but i'm incapable of comprehending height, so it was a pleasant surprise. totally love her though. (just wish my clothing would arrive. :/)
something else that also arrived was my comfort character letter! i was a bit apprehensive when i ordered it, but it was so great to receive and read! the seller clearly did their research, because there were character details included that i didn't bring up and are only mentioned on the carrd. the envelope was decorated super cutely, the letter made me cry a little (especially at the end), and they even set a couple of free stickers and a little motivational thing that i've stuck on my wall.
i've received a bunch of super cute art from people on here recently <3

i also commissioned starrie again asdfghjk. i can't wait to see the finished results soon !! although it means i'll have to find the energy to finally finish the high tide carrd with the remaining characters oop-
the midliners i mentioned ordering in my last post arrived! they're super cute, and i really like the red, indigo and turquoise shades. the other red is messed up one side since it comes out as brown, but i don't mind too much since i have the other red.
i've found a couple new songs to add to my main playlist, including lost without you by nurko (+ crystal skies and knownasnat). it's a super cool song.
my cats. even if their litter tray is a pain in the butt, they're cute and i love them. fish keeps making me spoon her at night, and we go to sleep together because she gets under the duvet and puts her head on the pillow like a person lol.

a couple of weeks ago i put in an offer to buy my own little flat which got accepted, and today i found out my mortgage application has been approved so it's (pretty much) final now, i'm so excited to have my own little space that's completely my own 🥺 💗

Back