• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

a couple of weeks ago i put in an offer to buy my own little flat which got accepted, and today i found out my mortgage application has been approved so it's (pretty much) final now, i'm so excited to have my own little space that's completely my own 🥺 💗
Congratulations mog! I know that feeling, it's absolutely wonderful. 🥰

I saw a bald eagle today. I would have taken a picture, but I was driving. I’ve never seen one so close before though.
Oh wow, that is so cool! Aren't they so majestic and breathtaking? I've seen one outside before, but it's been a long time.

Today I'm happy because:

- I only had to work for half a day and logged off at lunchtime.
- I met with my counselor and my massage therapist this afternoon. I felt better after both appointments.
- I had to have a very difficult conversation with my mom about her finances, but it went better than I expected thanks to the advice from my counselor.
- I'm not in any pain right now and I dealt with the stress really well.
- I finally got to meet my mom's new cat. She's very playful and loving. She ran right up to me purring and wanted lots of attention. 💖

20220223_170038.jpg

leaving for minnesota today! it's not really a vacation, we're going to a funeral for my boyfriends grandfather, but we get to see some people we havent seen in a while and get to spend some time out of state. haven't been anywhere out of state since 2018 so this will be interesting.

I got up early today because I thought I'd have to get something done. Well, I didn't end up needing to get it done today, but now I'm glad I slept and got up early because I'm in a good mood and have the rest of today to do whatever I want. :giggle:

Today I'm happy because:

- I had an easy day at work and got some more incidents cleared out of my queue.
- I've been using some new earbuds I ordered instead of my headset for meetings this week and it's helped with the headaches I was getting.
- Tomorrow is Friday and I get to leave work early for a chiropractor appointment.
- I've been doing pretty well both physically and mentally.
- I cuddled and played with my dog today.

Decided to buy and play Detective Pikachu because I've been meaning to get into the game, and I've been enjoying it so far. Other than that, I've been reading The Apothecary Diaries and My Next Life as a Villainess novels on my Kindle for the past few days to pass the time. I've been a fan of the series for quite a while, and I can't wait to read the next novels of them soon.

I was just paid from my job and it was a good paycheck since this is the first one since my pay raise.
Since I am off today, I spent the past few hours or so watching MHA on my phone. Pretty good anime. I am enjoying it. A lot.
I’m looking forward to working tomorrow.
This dog has got the cutest smile I’ve ever seen.
7E41C4CC-0BF7-4D83-9956-EE6F2F34313B.jpeg

this week has been an absolute mess for me (was hospitalized on monday and then released on wednesday — i’m reasonably okay now, but yikes), but i’ve actually got plenty to be happy about. ;’)

monday (02/21 — it was an okay day up until what i’m choosing to refer to as ‘the incident’ lol)
watched peacemaker with my parents. none of us were interested in it initially, but it was actually quite funny and i enjoyed it. i only saw episodes 5-8, though, so i’ll be watching the first 4 on my own eventually. 😅
cuddled with my kitten. <3
my entry for tbt’s valentine’s day event was accepted!

tuesday (02/22 — happiness was very limited since i was in hospital and didn’t have access to my phone for the majority of the day)
got 3x nook points.
my mom bought me a lilo & stitch hoodie, which i love and is super cute! she only bought me it so that i’d have a change of clothes at the hospital, but still. :’)
sorry for the awful photo lmao.
D0FB512D-265A-446B-B03B-058A06387800.jpeg

wednesday (02/23)
was released from the hospital and received lots of support from my amazing friends! ily guys. <3
got a smoothie from booster juice on the way home from the hospital.
cuddled with my kitten when i got home. 🖤
read 2 new fanfics that i really enjoyed, both of which were written by 2 of my favourite fanfic writers!
watched ali wong’s “baby cobra” netflix comedy special with my mom and laughed a bit.

today (02/24)
received some follow-up support from the hospital, as well as from my school guidance counsellor. she’ll be calling me sometime tomorrow, and i have the rest of this week + all of next week off from school to recover.
cuddled with my kitten. she’s such a sweetheart.
AC2C5608-BDD2-48CF-88E7-C9F498DF9E43.jpeg
spent the day talking to my lovely friend, @-Lumi-! she’s the best. 💗
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed and that was written by one of my favourite writers! my favourite writers have been publishing new stories a lot recently, which makes me incredibly happy. 🥰
tried coca cola’s new starlight flavour. i’m not sure what it’s supposed to taste like, but it tasted like a mixture of vanilla and cotton candy to me. not my favourite drink by any means, but not bad at all!
tidied up my room a bit and washed some dishes.
my dad gave me $40 as an early birthday present!
my mom ordered tickets for us to go see russell howard, one of our favourite comedians, on march 25th!!! i’m so excited! 🥳
watched a tiktok that made me laugh.

Papa’s Cluckeria To Go is out!!! ^__^
oh ****, there’s a new papa’s game? :’o i’ll have to check it out!

- I finally got to meet my mom's new cat. She's very playful and loving. She ran right up to me purring and wanted lots of attention. 💖

miss sassafras is absolutely beautiful! 🥺

this week has been an absolute mess for me (was hospitalized on monday and then released on wednesday — i’m reasonably okay now, but yikes), but i’ve actually got plenty to be happy about. ;’)

monday (02/21 — it was an okay day up until what i’m choosing to refer to as ‘the incident’ lol)
watched peacemaker with my parents. none of us were interested in it initially, but it was actually quite funny and i enjoyed it. i only saw episodes 5-8, though, so i’ll be watching the first 4 on my own eventually. 😅
cuddled with my kitten. <3
my entry for tbt’s valentine’s day event was accepted!

tuesday (02/22 — happiness was very limited since i was in hospital and didn’t have access to my phone for the majority of the day)
got 3x nook points.
my mom bought me a lilo & stitch hoodie, which i love and is super cute! she only bought me it so that i’d have a change of clothes at the hospital, but still. :’)
sorry for the awful photo lmao.
View attachment 431482

wednesday (02/23)
was released from the hospital and received lots of support from my amazing friends! ily guys. <3
got a smoothie from booster juice on the way home from the hospital.
cuddled with my kitten when i got home. 🖤
read 2 new fanfics that i really enjoyed, both of which were written by 2 of my favourite fanfic writers!
watched ali wong’s “baby cobra” netflix comedy special with my mom and laughed a bit.

today (02/24)
received some follow-up support from the hospital, as well as from my school guidance counsellor. she’ll be calling me sometime tomorrow, and i have the rest of this week + all of next week off from school to recover.
cuddled with my kitten. she’s such a sweetheart.
spent the day talking to my lovely friend, @-Lumi-! she’s the best. 💗
read a new fanfic that i enjoyed and that was written by one of my favourite writers! my favourite writers have been publishing new stories a lot recently, which makes me incredibly happy. 🥰
tried coca cola’s new starlight flavour. i’m not sure what it’s supposed to taste like, but it tasted like a mixture of vanilla and cotton candy to me. not my favourite drink by any means, but not bad at all!
tidied up my room a bit and washed some dishes.
my dad gave me $40 as an early birthday present!
my mom ordered tickets for us to go see russell howard, one of our favourite comedians, on march 25th!!! i’m so excited! 🥳
watched a tiktok that made me laugh.

miss sassafras is absolutely beautiful! 🥺
Hi xara! It’s great to hear you bounced back quickly from what you called ‘the incident’. I was a little worried when I saw your post in the what’s bothering you thread. I’m glad you turned out fine in the end! Just take a well deserved rest, snuggle your kitty, and look after yourself. 💙

Yep there sure is! It came out this past Monday! <3333
It’s awesome to hear that a fellow TBTer also plays these! <333

Back