• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

i got this epic cool set for my trains

turns out some trains dont work with it like jbames
1645804605096.png

• It's snowing! We got 5 1/2 inches so far :)
  • I've lost some weight, I've cut out most sugary junk food
  • I played with my kitty for awhile this morning, threw her mice toy around for her to chase
  • I managed to stay offline for most of yesterday and spent a lot of time reading instead, I finished a book, and it felt good to disconnect

I got to work at a glass blowing work shop and make a glass pumpkin. The pumpkin just finally came back. Took a while because it had to be cured correctly due to how hot it was. It felt like I was standing in the gates of hell with how hot it was when I was standing in front of the furnace. Kinda hurt to be honest after a while.

IMG_1515 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1604 - Copy.jpg

Today I'm happy because:

- It's Friday and I'm off work for the next two days. I'm really looking forward to sleeping in again.
- I got some more incidents cleared out of my queue. I've only got 3 left and they're all from the current month.
- I got to leave work early for a chiropractor appointment and it went well. I don't go back again for another month.
- The weather was better today. It finally stopped raining and by late afternoon it was relatively warm.
- I picked up some treats at the grocery store tonight: a variety pack of fruit teas, some red bean mochi, and Cadbury Creme Eggs.
- My dog was so happy to see me when I got home this evening.
- The snow should be gone from my ACNL towns when I log in tonight.
- I got my bonus payment today and it was even more than I was expecting.

Last edited:
This is all over the place, so bear with me.

I won’t go into full details here or anything because I posted enough about her in the “what’s bothering you” thread, but long story short… I was getting close to this one girl from my job and we both took a leave at the same time. The difference being I came back and she never did, all while not being in contact with me. It’s been over three months since I’ve last seen her and I slowly got over her. Well, she actually came in today and I was able to come face to face with her. I felt nothing. It made me happy because it shows that I am truly over her and it’s not just something I’ve been telling myself.
The forum is now green and it’s a sign closer to winter being over. I just hate this season and snow in general.
My dad got a Switch Lite for a game he wants to play, so I’m able to pick up Brilliant Diamond in a few days. My friend from work said she would breed me a Totodile so I can use him once I’m able to trade. I thought I was going to have to trade for one on here, but my friend is amazing, lol. Totodile is the reason I chose this over Legends Arceus. I know he’s not available on there.
My paycheck from work has been more than any other paycheck I’ve received from this job. I am using this paycheck to pay my credit card off and send the rest to savings.
The Los Angeles Kings are playing right now, so hopefully they can win.

legends arceus' soundtrack is UNREASONABLY good 😭 not that i consider any pokemon game's ost bad, but this is just,, wow
everything makes me nostalgic and i havent even encountered 70% of the songs in-game yet (i couldnt resist spoiling the ost for myself, rip) ❤️

• It snowed this morning! Fortunately, it's that type of snow where it can be easily shoveled right off from the ground, so it didn't take more than a few minutes to remove it from my front yard.
  • It also happened to be sunny for most of the afternoon. I went on a small car stroll as well.
  • Got a little bit of exercise for today. It made me have a little more energy as a result.
  • I played GT Sport and completed a lot of race events. Apparently, I almost drove 1,000 km today. While don't have much left to go, the twist here is that the rest of the races last an hour at the very least. Oh well, I'll probably cut some corners and exceed track limits to shorten the race time lol.
  • At the time of this post, it's now less than a week away until Gran Turismo 7 releases! I'm getting more excited every day leading up to it. This is the same feeling I had when we were all waiting for ACNH to come out almost two years ago (and in the month of March too). The only difference is that aside from maybe one other person on here, I'm the only one looking forward to it lol.
  • I caught up watching a few video highlights of the Formula 1 pre-season testing. I keep forgetting to mention this, but there are regulation changes that have come into effect this season to keep the competition close and have a better wheel to wheel racing. As a result, the cars look different compared to last year, and seeing the different designs teams came up with. I do not know who will come out on top, but I hope it isn't Mercedes as they've been dominating the sport for nearly a decade now. It's pretty exciting not knowing which team is actually the quickest of them all, so I can't wait for the first race of the season in a few weeks!

my day was pretty boring, but it was still a decent one! ^~^

did some much-needed self-care.
cuddled with my kitten. i sadly didn’t get any pics of her today, but she was being so adorable and affectionate and i just- i love her so much. 🥺
read 2 new fanfics that i enjoyed, 1 of which was written by one of my favourite fanfic writers!
took a really good nap.

I got to work at a glass blowing work shop and make a glass pumpkin. The pumpkin just finally came back. Took a while because it had to be cured correctly due to how hot it was. It felt like I was standing in the gates of hell with how hot it was when I was standing in front of the furnace. Kinda hurt to be honest after a while.

View attachment 431520
View attachment 431521
that looks awesome! 🧡

It's been raining all week with quite a bit of flooding; today my husband and I went for a rainy walk on this path and there's pretty much a river now where a field was. Was super cool to see honestly, I wish the river could be permanent lmao

Also had some very yummy quesadillas for dinner and some yummy chocolate chip cookies that I made yesterdayyy

I visited my grandma today, we did some shopping and ate lunch together! :)

I also managed to get my passport application sorted out after a long time, now I just need to mail my old passport away and the whole application process should finally begin,,

I got all of my uni work for the week done last night, so I've got the weekend to relax. I've got a busy week next week so I'll be using my Monday morning study time to start work on the essay I have due in 2 weeks 😅

• I beat Kleavor, the first boss in Pokemon Legends Arceus today!! I get so nervous during real time boss fights, they get intense and I get stressed easily even though it's just a game haha. But I'm so happy with myself. I'm trying to get better at things like that in general in games because I want to eventually finish playing through Zelda: Breath of The Wild (only finished the part where you get the paraglider and got to Kakariko Village), and play through The Witcher 3 on normal difficulty.
  • I woke up with my cat under the blankets on me purring, she's such a little sweetie
  • I have lost 5 lbs in the past couple weeks, very proud of myself and hoping to keep it up.

@xara Thanks! It was a fun learning process. You should look where you live and see if there is a course you can sign up for. It's a lot of fun and you get to create something. Watching the glass become molten jelly was really neat. The pumpkin was made first and then the twirly stem was made separately, but attached to the base before any of it had time to harden/cool too fast. I heard a lot of glass exploding because it didn't cool down correctly when I was working on mine.

I made a new friend today!!!! 😵
b9d70fce1898b0c0c5f53ea9c6054c88.jpg

(had to make that reference lol)

it was soooo difficult for me to muster up the courage to say hi but I did it and I'm really proud of myself!! I do have some anxiety bc they're 15 (they thought I was 15 too lmao I'm flattered) and I know there are a lot of creeps out there but they can rest assured knowing that I'm one of the very few exceptions. I may as well be 15 myself lol. we didn't talk a whole lot bc it's loud at the skating rink so we just skated most of the time and it was so much fun, they're wayyy better at inline skating than I am lolllll. from the little bit of talking I could get myself to do I found out that they're also nb (and use the same pronouns I use) and they really liked my Super Mario hat so they must like video games a lot. I'm really bad at opening up to people as soon as I meet them (I have many trust issues) but if we hang out more often I'll hopefully be able to open up. I had them send me a fr on facebook so I could keep in touch, and I hope I can see them again soon!! :)

One of my fav dogs at work GAVE ME A KISS TODAY

'But why is that special'? CAUSE, this particular dog never gives kisses. Ever. I give him kisses but he never reacts to them, so I figured he didn't know what they were. His brothers give kisses and react to them, so, idk. In the 1 yr+ I've worked there and that this dog has also been coming there every Saturday without fail for longer than I've been working there, he's never made any notion that he knows what kisses are, nor does he ever give any. He will demand head pets thou.

Some dogs don't know what kisses are. That's pretty typical for some, I just found it odd that not only do his brothers give kisses, but that he's a nice dog who doesn't. Nice dogs tend to give kisses. He just wants affection a different way I guess. But today as I was petting him and his brothers, he licked my wrist. It was brief but so sweet🥰

20220226_161938.jpg

I received a delivery: An Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat bass guitar.I had been looking for one of these for a while and finally found a pre-owned one that was in my price range.I bought it from a major retailer and they had it priced about $200 less than market for used examples so I thought there might be some serious defects or they might send me an email asking "Oh,you wanted a neck with that bass?"Fortunately,it's in near new condition and plays well.It could probably use a set of new strings though.

Back