• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What Are You Listening To?

Post automatically merged:

Last edited:

The final track from Journey’s third album, featuring keyboardist Gregg Rolie doing vocal duties. He would be the band’s lead vocalist for their first three albums. Steve Perry joined the band a year later and took over lead vocal duties on their next album Infinity, beginning Journey’s string of big AOR hits that would last until the mid 80’s. Rolie would continue to sing lead on a few of the band’s songs afterward until his departure and was replaced by Jonathan Cain of The Babys.

Pre-Steve Perry Journey is fairly underrated. Gregg Rolie may not be as good of a vocalist as Steve Perry, but Neal Schon’s guitar playing is awesome, and I like the band’s first three albums from 75-77 due to that fact. You can even tell from his “warm up” at the start of this song that he’s going to start shredding the strings later!

This is one of two "yacht rock" songs made by this guy that hit the billboard charts in 1980, and then was quickly forgotten about. I love the keyboard's sound in this; I wish I was musically inclined enough to know what model was used. I need to find more songs like it.

Back